SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-07-2005, 12:23 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hauppauge PVR-350 & PVR-500 coexisting?

Is it possible for a 350 and a 500 to work together? It seems like I can get one card or the other to work, but not both....

any ideas?

What does "Watch Request Failed. Null" mean?

Any help is appreciated...I've been pulling out my hair on this all night--and I don't have much hair to spare!

thanks again,

rwc
Old 01-17-2005, 01:19 AM
Sage Icon

bump

I'm also interested if anyone has done this. Anyone?
Old 01-17-2005, 03:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to krutaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashless
bump

I'm also interested if anyone has done this. Anyone?
I have a PVR-250, PVR-350, and a PVR-500 running in the same machine. I'm not having the problem that you mentioned, however, I do have a problem with the IR port being picked up by the irremote software properly. Turns out there's a known problem with the PVR-500 being detected by windows as the dominant card, and since it doesn't have an ir port.

Andy Kruta A+, CNA, MCSA, Network+, RHCE

"It's kinda fun to do the impossible"
- Walt Disney
Old 01-19-2005, 08:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

I gave up on trying to get the 350 to work with the 500...I definately narrowed it down to the driver...if I installed the 500 driver, the 350 wouldn't work and vice versa.

When I called up Hauppauge to see if they had any ideas, they told me that Hauppauge PVR cards are only supported with 1 card per machine! GO FIGURE!

When I mentioned multiple tuner support in sage -- they said "Contact sage then. We don't support it."

I eventually swapped out the 350 for a 150 and it worked fine Maybe it was just the revision of 350 that I had?

rwc
Old 01-19-2005, 09:01 AM
SageTVaholic

usually a hardware/ driver problem
hauppauge just needs to stop dumping their support on others and address the issue

it took over a year to get multiple 250/350 with different chipsets to get resolved

they should have at least taken some info and said they would foward the info on

the technical support guys there are pretty much worthless like anywhere else
Old 01-19-2005, 10:28 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
I think the Hauppauge and ATI code writers are the same people. They both take about six months to release an update to drivers and or software that fix anything.

Mike
Old 01-19-2005, 12:59 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwc
I gave up on trying to get the 350 to work with the 500...I definately narrowed it down to the driver...if I installed the 500 driver, the 350 wouldn't work and vice versa.

Was your problem related to the IR port, or just total compatibility issues? Were you using the 350 output? What OS are you using?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, it's just that there are a lot of people who are looking at this configuration, and it would be nice to know specifics.

Thanks so much.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

I think it was just a compatibility issue...not related to the IR port at all. I ran HWClear and then installed teh PVR350 drivers included on the PVR500 CD!
(I also tried downloading the PVR350 drivers from teh website, and the PVR500 drivers from teh website)

I don't use teh PVR350 for the TV-out...

I'm running windows XP SP2