SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 01-08-2005, 06:21 AM
Sage Aficionado

Pics from CES

The booth has been very busy every time I stopped by.

Someone asked for pictures so here they are.

enjoy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sage1.jpg (142.2 KB, 923 views)
File Type: jpg sage2.jpg (93.1 KB, 850 views)
File Type: jpg sage3.jpg (107.2 KB, 815 views)
File Type: jpg sage4.jpg (106.6 KB, 814 views)
File Type: jpg sage5.jpg (119.4 KB, 825 views)
Old 01-08-2005, 06:24 AM
Sage Aficionado

And a few more.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sage6.jpg (98.0 KB, 974 views)
File Type: jpg sage7.jpg (73.9 KB, 727 views)
File Type: jpg sage8.jpg (112.1 KB, 750 views)
Old 01-08-2005, 07:45 AM
Sage Icon

From sage6.jpg

SageTV Linux Media Center
5th Bullet - "Schedule recordings anywhere using the Online Scheduling tool via the web"
Old 01-08-2005, 07:46 AM
Sage Icon

What?!?!?! Jeff is a human? I always thought he was a really smart cat.
Old 01-08-2005, 07:49 AM
Sage Icon

Couple comments...

1. I think Jeff and Dan should give me one of those white button down SageTV shirts

2. It is interesting to see on their sign "Schedule Recordings Anywhere using the Online Scheduling tgool via the Web". Wonder what that is going to look like. A Nielm web scheduling derivative, or I wonder if they made thgeir own independantly of Nielm.

EDIT: Carlo beat me to comment two. Carlo, quit getting up so early.

Jason Bottjen
Old 01-08-2005, 08:11 AM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to BerrantRyke Send a message via AIM to BerrantRyke Send a message via Yahoo to BerrantRyke
Those shirts really should be added to the store....

/me wants specs on the extender.... Can I use cayars STV on it, will comskip work? Ohh, the wait is killing me.....
Client1: HTPC Case, GF8500 Fanless Video Card, P4 3.2Ghz, 1GB Ram, MSI 945GM3-F Main Board, 500w Silent Modular Cable Power Supply. Connected to 37" LCD HDTV by VGA cable. 2.1 Speakers for sound. Running SageTV 6.1.9 with SageMC + Google Calender (WAF 9.5/10)
Client2 & 3: MediaMVP's with SageMC
Old 01-08-2005, 08:16 AM
Sage Icon

Well, since we know now that the Extended is a Hauppauge Media MVP I think you know most of what it has/will do...

Assuming it isn't some next gen MediaMVP (which has not been announced by Hauppauge), it will have:
1. Svideo and composite video out (no component)
2. By SDTV resolution
3. No SPDIF audio, only RCA jacks
4. Be able to use any STV (just like the current MediaMVP client for SageTV does)
5. Will support COMSKIP if the STV does
6. Costs $99

What we don't know yet:
1. Will it play DIVX (through transcoding on the host PC - The MediaMVP will not play them natively)
2. If you have an existing MVP can you install Sage's version of the client on it
3. If it is on some next gen MediaMVP then things may be different. But who knows.

Jason Bottjen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerrantRyke

/me wants specs on the extender.... Can I use cayars STV on it, will comskip work? Ohh, the wait is killing me.....
Old 01-08-2005, 09:58 AM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to krutaw
Am I the only one....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerrantRyke

Am I the only one that's disappointed with what Frey came up with? I mean, okay we've been told for months that they're not able to talk about what they're doing so as to keep everything confidential.

Ummm... other than the linux port (which is way overdue in my mind) nothing was a surprise here. There were no new super cool features added that would make me want to beg for beta code. Am I just being petty here, or is anyone else feeling a little let down after all the suspense?

I guess my biggest let down here is the fact that we still have absolutely zero HD support. (insert Charlie Brown "Uggggh" here) And let's not even talk about Studio.

Andy Kruta A+, CNA, MCSA, Network+, RHCE

"It's kinda fun to do the impossible"
- Walt Disney
Old 01-08-2005, 10:04 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
What?!?!?! Jeff is a human? I always thought he was a really smart cat.
Maybe he's a hired actor. You don't think they would let the cat out of the bag, do you?

There are pics of the main menu, but there are no images of TV playback, so perhaps a shot of the OSD would be useful -- see the attachment. The bottom portion has 3 sections (live tv info, time bar, vol/transports/time), which will turn on according to the situation. example: Not live = no live tv info; press FF = just see the time bar; etc. (Yes, the TV image is grainy... it is old video footage.)

krutaw: they are releasing what they are ready to talk about.

- Andy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg OSD-TV.jpg (64.3 KB, 809 views)
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:06 AM
Sage Expert

Thanks for the pics glbrown! Now I finally understand what this whole Sage Media center thing is. Its a full blown appliance, basically Tivo without all the proprietary crap (right?). This is extremely cool. I wonder if they were able to add slo-mo replay? Definately something I would like to see in action. Truthfully, I can't see this doing well in the US (its hard to take on Tivo and alot of cable companies are giving a PVR appliance with service I understand) but in places where there is no Tivo (like here), I can see this selling well to the technically challenged.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by glbrown
The booth has been very busy every time I stopped by.

Someone asked for pictures so here they are.

enjoy

Thanks for the pictures. Hope you enjoyed the show.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:32 AM
SageTVaholic

thanks for pics
the updated UI looks nice
from the CES and Opus4 pics
and thank you too Opus4 for the pic
Old 01-08-2005, 11:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

well maybe i'm blind, but except of the new osd i cannot see differences in the ui..
Old 01-08-2005, 12:10 PM
Sage Expert

I have to agree, the MediaMVP is pretty outdated. I would like to see something else to have a client running on. Just now the MediaMVP seems cheap to have compared to some of the new systems out there. Just we are not into where these things are suppose to look good on your A/V rack and a media MVP just doesn't do it now.

Last edited by phenixdragon; 01-08-2005 at 12:12 PM.
Old 01-08-2005, 06:56 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by krutaw
Am I the only one that's disappointed with what Frey came up with? I mean, okay we've been told for months that they're not able to talk about what they're doing so as to keep everything confidential.
Your are bviously not the only one considering all the whining on the forums.

Quote:
Ummm... other than the linux port (which is way overdue in my mind) nothing was a surprise here. There were no new super cool features added that would make me want to beg for beta code. Am I just being petty here, or is anyone else feeling a little let down after all the suspense?
Seems like your not the only one let down, but maybe you'll learn a little something from the experience. Expect less, then when you find out the real scoop maybe there will be a few pleasant surprises... then again maybe not.

Quote:
I guess my biggest let down here is the fact that we still have absolutely zero HD support. (insert Charlie Brown "Uggggh" here) And let's not even talk about Studio.
I guess they don't believe that there is enough $$$$ developing for HD support yet. Personally I'm just looking for a way to distribute all the media to a few TV's in the house, and I certainly will not be spending thousands of dollars to purchase High Definition TV's for every room. If you want some specific support, give them a call and get your check book out, money talks.
As for Studio, I am sure they don't want to have to deal with the support headache, and they obviously changed their mind about who they want to distibute it to. I must have missed all the hype before the show, then again maybe I'm just getting to old to get excited by it. Let's all wait a couple of weeks and see what happens after the show. I'm looking forward to purchasing a couple of media extenders to plug in to my SDTV's. Drink a cold beer and enjoy the things we have.

Thanks for the pics, glbrown, and Opus4!

Alan

Last edited by exdirtfarmer; 01-08-2005 at 06:59 PM.
Old 01-08-2005, 07:57 PM
Sage Icon

glbrown, thanks for the picts. Were you able to talk to any of the reps? Give us any info you got on the new products.

opus4, where did you get that OSD image, are there more? Overall, the menus look the same, but that playback OSD is a bit different.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 01-08-2005, 09:51 PM
Sage Icon

Cool Pix ... thanks glbrown & Opus4 !! This is great for those of us feeling left out because we couldn't be there ...

I love the new OSD layout ...

I noticed on Sage3.jpg that there is no back arrow to the left of the Sage logo ... Interesting

Plus I could not figure out what that green icon was sitting above the date and time??

I also noticed the Media MVP just below the screen making me wonder if that is "in fact" the inevitable supported extender.

Thanks again, T.
Old 01-08-2005, 10:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayamaniac
opus4, where did you get that OSD image
It is a screen cap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyt
I noticed on Sage3.jpg that there is no back arrow to the left of the Sage logo ... Interesting

Plus I could not figure out what that green icon was sitting above the date and time??

I also noticed the Media MVP just below the screen making me wonder if that is "in fact" the inevitable supported extender.
It has already been noted that the extender is an MVP. That image is showing the UI displayed by the MVP; the mouse icons have probably been turned off, so there is no back arrow in the upper left. The green icon is something the MVP displays, but I don't really know what that one means.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-08-2005, 10:47 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
It has already been noted that the extender is an MVP. That image is showing the UI displayed by the MVP; the mouse icons have probably been turned off, so there is no back arrow in the upper left. The green icon is something the MVP displays, but I don't really know what that one means.

- Andy
Stupid me ... Good point ... No mouse for MVP ...

All this detective work is challenging!

Thanks, T.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:43 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
It is a screen cap.
- Andy
So you're saying you have the new SVT in advance? How about sharing with the rest of us?

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.