SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-24-2005, 12:32 PM
Sage Fanatic

Bozrdang,

Yes. The covers ar displayed via the OSD so they need to be scaled to 256 color too, well actually less because it needs to treat the whole screen as being 256 color.

Yoja,

No this can not be made to work with the Hollywood+ because it does not have a DirectShow interface.
Living Room: WinXP Pro SP2, AMD XP3200+, 1GB, 1.3TB 3ware 9500S12 RAID5, GigaByte GA7N400Pro2, 2xVBOX USB2 HD Tuner<-Antennna, 1xHDHR<-Antennna , HD100 to HDMI Splitter 1080i->32" 4:3 HDTV or 1080i->92" 1080P LCD Projector
Kitchen: WinXP Home SP2, Celeron 2.0Ghz, 512MB, 40GB, Saphire ATI MB, ATI9200->19"LCD
2 BedRooms: MediaMVP
Old 01-24-2005, 12:47 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via AIM to ErsatzTom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozrdang
Does the 256 color limitation apply to picture thumbnails and DVD/Music cover art in Sage too?
As jptaz said, the answer is yes. Anything on the screen that isn't video has a combined palette of 256 colors.

t
Old 01-24-2005, 12:48 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoja
Is it possible to make this plugin work with a Hollywood+ ?
Just for fun, I thew in a Hollywood+ I had lying around and the osd code didn't even recognize its existence.

t
Old 01-24-2005, 12:50 PM
Sage Expert

Sorry about the lack of updates, folks. I've been VERY busy with work and school. I've been continuing to look at the existing problems as time allows but I'm not sure I'll have success until I can devote a larger block of time to it. Thanks for your patience!

tom
Old 02-01-2005, 04:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

I must say that for me this release has been pretty stable but its still pretty slow on my computer. Keep up the good work
Old 02-02-2005, 02:01 PM
Sage Expert

Thanks. I'm still pretty slammed with school work and have just started a new project at work but I've been working on this when I can. I have fixed some small problems with the graph but I'm still able to reproduce the freezing problem with sage 2.1.

t
Old 02-02-2005, 02:09 PM
Sage Fanatic

Been working great for me too! I'm just awaiting the ability or the information on how to get Sage to pull up the X-cards DVD player to play DVD files.

School is more important! I'm just happy to have what you have already provided.. anything more will just be icing on the cake!
Old 02-02-2005, 05:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi,
I've been following this thread from the beginning with a lot of interest. I have an X-Card ready to install (it has been working before). Most of my archive video is xvid however and I am just curious if you have any idea or planning about when you think divx (xvid) will be playable under Sage with your plugin.

Regards, jan
Old 02-03-2005, 01:26 AM
Sage Expert

I've been playing with it and have it so that it will construct an appropriate graph for divx but it seems to be leaving the graph in a state that prevents proper playback of any further files. I'm not sure what the problem is but I'm working on it.

t
Old 02-03-2005, 10:30 AM

Preson Thomas I would waste my time on DivX or XviD being 85% of the time people don't make standerd Simple Profile file for Xcard where they do off wall thing to the files or spent to time download them off web, news groups, etc, etc site which are build in more off wall way.
I say work on only MPEG and DVD play and UI and nothing eles in tell it fully soild
Old 02-03-2005, 11:21 AM
Administrator

I would give fixing any MPEG playback problems a higher priority too, but for those of us with a Plextor ConvertX, at some point it would be nice to be able to play the DivX files it creates.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:23 PM
Sage Expert

Oh, yeah, the mpeg issues are definitely my highest priority. However, being able to change the graph needed to be done to support dvd and I was hoping that I'd be able to fix the freezing issue. *shrug* We'll see.

t
Old 02-05-2005, 01:36 PM
Sage Fanatic

I have been dealing with the SageTV playback junk too much lately on my main Client PC so I decided to setup the XCard to my HDTV instead of the projector.

I have it set to output HDTV 1080i and it looks great. I had to enable the OSD scaling since when I tried to set the OSD height and width it locked up my computer, which I am guessing is either the fact that computer is slow or I had my settings wrong.

If anyone has the XCard hooked up to a non 720x480 Device what settings are you using? What Speed is your PC?

Thanks,
John
Living Room: WinXP Pro SP2, AMD XP3200+, 1GB, 1.3TB 3ware 9500S12 RAID5, GigaByte GA7N400Pro2, 2xVBOX USB2 HD Tuner<-Antennna, 1xHDHR<-Antennna , HD100 to HDMI Splitter 1080i->32" 4:3 HDTV or 1080i->92" 1080P LCD Projector
Kitchen: WinXP Home SP2, Celeron 2.0Ghz, 512MB, 40GB, Saphire ATI MB, ATI9200->19"LCD
2 BedRooms: MediaMVP
Old 02-10-2005, 11:17 AM
Sage User

Just thought I would drop in again. Today installed the 2.2.5 Sage beta, and then re-enabled the XCard plugin. So far no playback freezes and everything looks great.

Side note, is it possible to have Sage either:
A> Change the volume of the XCard's output.
B> Use a different Audio decoder and use my sound cards output.

Right now have to get up and manually change the speakers volume and it's a bit of a pain.

Thanks,
Marc Peters
Old 02-10-2005, 12:00 PM
Administrator

I just have my Xcard's audio output go to my sound card's input. The PC's audio out then carries everything to my pre-amp.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-10-2005, 05:28 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
I just have my Xcard's audio output go to my sound card's input. The PC's audio out then carries everything to my pre-amp.

- Andy
Thanks, that works great.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:43 PM
Sage Fanatic

Launching X-Card's media Player via Sage?

Has anybody figured out a way to launch the X-Card's media player using Cayars 17+? I've ripped down some DVD's and currently have to close SageTV manually to launch the media player. Then when the DVD is over, I manually have to close the X-Card's Media Player and re-launch Sage...

Thanks!
Old 02-12-2005, 04:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

stuntman,
i created some bat files that are a ghetto way to switch between xmp, tvedia & sage. check my previous posts in this thread to find it. it will close sage & launch xmp to watch a dvd. it'll automatically open up sage again w/out using the xcard settings so that your recordings can continue while you're in dvd world. it worked well when i tested it, but i can't use this plugin regularly unfortunately bc it freezes up on me.

i've fixed a few minor things since the version i uploaded, so if u end up using it let me know & i'll update my thread w/ the new bats.
Old 02-15-2005, 12:23 PM
Sage User

Hauppauge remote for xcard media player

Is it possible to control xcard media player using hauppauge remote? Does anyone have the ir codes?

Thanks
Old 02-15-2005, 01:36 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead
stuntman,
i created some bat files that are a ghetto way to switch between xmp, tvedia & sage. check my previous posts in this thread to find it. it will close sage & launch xmp to watch a dvd. it'll automatically open up sage again w/out using the xcard settings so that your recordings can continue while you're in dvd world. it worked well when i tested it, but i can't use this plugin regularly unfortunately bc it freezes up on me.

i've fixed a few minor things since the version i uploaded, so if u end up using it let me know & i'll update my thread w/ the new bats.
That sounds great. I use the x-card in a SageClient, not on my server, so it shouldn't matter if the if the xcard settings are restarted when SageClient restarts... is there anyway to modify your files so that it closes sage, launches xmp the autocloses xmp at the end of the file and fully reloads sageclient. Since I don't use the client for recording, the xcard plugin reloading shouldn't be a problem...

Thanks!!!!