SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-17-2005, 05:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErsatzTom
Those of you experiencing the fastforward freezing issue, could you please try this DLL and let me know if it works better for you? Thanks!
i didn't test it much, but it froze for me with the first FF on the second file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip xcard_log.zip (11.7 KB, 210 views)
Old 01-17-2005, 05:10 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via AIM to ErsatzTom

Would you mind posting the xcar_log? Thanks.

t
Old 01-17-2005, 05:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

i did, along w/ my properties file. or do you need something else?
Old 01-17-2005, 11:00 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead
i did, along w/ my properties file. or do you need something else?
No, I just forgot to check.

t
Old 01-17-2005, 11:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

i was soooo hoping that would work too. sorry!
Old 01-18-2005, 01:42 AM
Sage Advanced User

was bored & i just wrote two bat files (my first!) to automate the switch between the sage osd and tvedia, both using the xcard. it's probably an ass backwards way to do it, but it works for me! well, most of the time anyway.

now i can use sage w/ osd to watch tv on the xcard, hit a button and sage disappears as tvedia pops up to play a dvd while sage can still record. hit another button & the sage osd is back. i'd imagine it would work w/ xmedia player too.

the reason i mention it is that i'd like to combine em to a single bat file. can you do something like "if tvedia is open then..." "if not then..." w/ a bat file? hope that makes sense & hope it's not too far off topic too!

thanx

Last edited by jughead; 01-18-2005 at 01:57 AM.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:25 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErsatzTom
Hey, I think I have it. Now I haven't tested it because I'm on my laptop, but I was purusing the log files, found something interesting that caused me to go back and look at the properties file you posted. There is a bug in there now but the real problem is that you have your aspect ratio mode set to Source. Since your source video is 480x480, that is how it is being displayed. Try changing it to Fill. It is in Detailed Setup->Multimedia

t
Well, file this bug away under "User Error"! Tom, you were right! I put my aspect ratio back to "Fill" and all is well again for me!

Thank you for all your work!
Old 01-18-2005, 10:27 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman
Well, file this bug away under "User Error"! Tom, you were right! I put my aspect ratio back to "Fill" and all is well again for me!

Thank you for all your work!
Excellent! I'm just happy to be able to put one of the bugs behind me. Now if I could just squash the freezing bug!

t
Old 01-18-2005, 01:51 PM
Sage User

Sorry, the fix didn't work for me either. Tonite I will do a complete uninstall and then reinstall using the 2.1 drivers off of Sigma's website. Perhaps the problem arrises from installing the drivers and application from the CD first.
Old 01-18-2005, 09:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

"on the fly" Xcard display changer (0.0.1)

i fine tuned those bat files i mentioned & posted how to install them. here's a summary.

Quote:
These files allow "on the fly" switching between the OSDs of TVedia and SageTV on the Xcard. I've also gotten it working with Xmedia player, but I'll have to post those files later.

You'll need to install ErsatzTom's plugin first. Follow my instructions, then just press a button on the remote to switch from Sage and watch a DVD, DivX file, etc. Hit it again and TVedia closes while Sage pops back up on the Xcard. Sounds simple, but the tricky part was getting Sage to load in the background without using the Xcard so that your recordings could continue while you were using Tvedia... that and doing it at the push of a button.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:52 AM
Sage User

First off, let me say I think the work your doing, Tom, is just great. I currently use a sage client, with a 350 card, for all my viewing on a Hitachi 57" in my den. I always wanted to use the component inputs (which should give better pq then the S inputs). So my question is have anyone compared the output of the 350 vs the Xcard (component outputs)?? If so, is the pq better, equal or worse (I'm asuming better) ???

Thanks in Advance
Mike Davis
Old 01-20-2005, 03:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

anything else i can do to help you figure out the freezing bug? now that this plugin is out, i'm SO close to my mythical "perfect setup" that its killin me!
Old 01-20-2005, 03:26 PM
Sage Expert

Not right now. I'm really swamped with my day job and school work right now. I'm trying to squeeze in some time today to work on it, though. I have to say that I'm pretty stumped at this point, however. I guess I'll just start trying to change things...

t
Old 01-20-2005, 03:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

ok, i really appreciate you taking another look. i've been waiting for someone (or sage themselves) to do this forever it seems. i'll send you the list of my setup & freegoo's setup so u can take a look too.
Old 01-20-2005, 04:14 PM
Administrator

I think I forgot to post this (and if I did post it, my memory is really bad)...

Has anyone else tried playing a recording that happened to be split into multiple files? I ran into this the other day & playback stopped after the first file finished, instead of playing the rest of the show parts.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-20-2005, 05:02 PM
Sage Expert

I've never tested that, so I'm not really surprised. I'll look at it after I get this freezing problem under control.

t
Old 01-23-2005, 02:16 PM
Sage User

SageTV version requirement for OSD plugin?

Hello!

I have tried the alpha 0.0.8 version of the XCard plugin using SageTV Client V 2.0.20 without _any_ success at all :-(

I don't even get a xcard_log_####.txt file ? (nor do I get a SageTVClient log file either....)

I have shut down SageTV (Client), extracted the plugin files into the..\SageTV\ directory, and updated the SageClient.properties file with:

media_player_plugin_class=org.sagecommunity.xcard.XCardMediaPlayer
osd_rendering_plugin_class=org.sagecommunity.xcard.XCardOSDPlugin

( I have also tried setting xcard/verbose_log=true without any change )

I however wonder if it is required to use a newer SageTV client version?
Old 01-23-2005, 09:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsonerud
I have tried the alpha 0.0.8 version of the XCard plugin using SageTV Client V 2.0.20 without _any_ success at all :-(
I however wonder if it is required to use a newer SageTV client version?
Yes -- you will have to be using at least v2.1; Tom will have to say whether anything the plugin uses requires a newer version than that.

Also, there will be no SageTV log unless you are using a beta version. (The Xcard's log is not dependant on that, of course.)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:28 AM
Sage User

Does the 256 color limitation apply to picture thumbnails and DVD/Music cover art in Sage too?
Old 01-24-2005, 11:43 AM

Is it possible to make this plugin work with a Hollywood+ ?