SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-15-2005, 08:51 PM
Sage User

Record to one directory.. move shows to another for viewing

Is it possible to record shows to one drive, and after recording have them moved to another drive?

For instance, I could do this manually. But if I do this manually once in a while, will Sage be able to recognize the file location upon moving the files?
Old 01-15-2005, 09:46 PM
Sage Icon

I move my recordings manually. But first I breeze through the video and make sure it is ok, then I set it as watched and manually place it in the import video folder. But to get the details you have to be running a modified STV and create a .my file in the same folder with the same name as the video.

See here for instructions

I am not sure about the Archive feature. Does that retain the Details?
Old 01-15-2005, 09:53 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac
I am not sure about the Archive feature. Does that retain the Details?
Yes archiving retains details, but file remains in same physical location on the HD. It's only a "move" inside Sage.
Old 01-15-2005, 10:21 PM
Administrator

There's a FAQ entry on moving recordings & keeping them in the list of SageTV Recordings, but you can only move them to another Video Directory when SageTV isn't running for this to work.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-16-2005, 12:06 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'm still using Sage 2.0.20, but based on the release notes for newer versions, I was thinking that Sage will now keep the EPG data for imported files.
Old 01-16-2005, 12:14 AM
Administrator

I know one of the beta release notes said that & it may keep the data internally, but that data isn't displayed in the UI anywhere yet, unless I forgot to look at some screen.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:29 AM
Sage User

Sorry for this archeologic bump, but it describes excactly what I want to do.
Is this still not possible ?
Old 03-06-2009, 04:51 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by real_per View Post
Sorry for this archeologic bump, but it describes excactly what I want to do.
Is this still not possible ?
It is certainly possible to do this, I do it all the time (I do a commercial edit, followed by a recompress into an MKV container and place the finished file on my RAID file server). The trick is:

1. keep the file name the same (though you can change the extension)
2. the destination directory needs to be configured as a video import directory in Sage
3. You need to set the file creation and modification time stamps on the new file to match the original one in the recordings directory (otherwise sage will mess up the viewing position bar on the display)
4. after moving the file you need to stop and then restart the SageTV service, until you do this Sage will not see the file in its new location. The "rescan" function does not see the new file.

If you do this, then the compressed file will show in the sage recordings listing as well and it will have all the show information intact too.

Regards,

Stephen
Old 03-08-2009, 08:59 AM
Sage User

Thanks for replying.
That actually sounds do-able.

A little more difficult than what I'd hoped for, but what isn't in this htpc world It would be nice for Sage to have this integrated I think.