SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-18-2005, 02:27 PM
Sage Expert

PVR Options and REMOTE questions:

I'm needing to expand my sage box. problem is, I can not find a PVR-250 to compliment my current PVR-250.

I have read about compatibility issues with mixing and matching PVR-cards, so I'm thinking of my options.

I currently have one PVR-250 Retail w/ remote and I use the small IR reciever and remote to control sage TV via a JP1 Remote. (Basically it uses the Hauppauge remote codes.)

Will a PVR-250MCE (no remote) be the solution? Is the same as adding a second retail PVR-250?(less the remote and adding the other stuff that I willnot use)

Will a PVR-250 and PVR-150 live side by side? How do I manage Closed Captioning (not available with the 150's)? Can I select which card gets used for playback? Or will shows recorded with the 150 NOT have the CC info?

If I go with a PVR-500MCE, (1 cable for video, no remote) I again lose ALL Closed Captioning, and will have to add a USB-UIRT. Right?

I do not want GIRDER or any other third party software to have to learn. If sage works natively with a USB-UIRT, then I can use my same remote as I do now..right? I can set my remote to use the "TIVO" code and thru SAGE map the buttons I want for each one...right?

Lastly, any links to detailed discussion about these new cards? Any ideas as to the cleanest and simplest install. I will be adding a second HD this weekend, and a new PCI transcoder, so I may as well upgrade and add a card if possible.

NEW: DELL OPTIPLEX 755, 4GB MEM, ATI DVIX (DUAL) VIDEO, PVR-1250MCE & PVR-500MCE, 1.3TB HDD's

Last edited by broderp; 01-18-2005 at 02:33 PM.
Old 01-18-2005, 04:16 PM
SageTVaholic

you do not need an expensive PCI transcoder and it would be much worse than just using the native component output built into your video card

Quote:
I do not want GIRDER or any other third party software to have to learn. If sage works natively with a USB-UIRT, then I can use my same remote as I do now..right? I can set my remote to use the "TIVO" code and thru SAGE map the buttons I want for each one...right?
"think" you need girder for that one
Old 01-18-2005, 05:23 PM
Sage User

You can use USBIRT to do just that. It can learn the codes from your Tivo remote by using the "Link I/R keystroke to Sage TV Command" in detailed setup under commands.

Just select the Sage Function from the manual (eg SageTV Recordings is Event 86), then press a key on your remote. Sage will Bind to that command.

I use that Plus a StreamZap remote because it can have keys that respond outside of Sage, or even if Sage is closed.