SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-23-2005, 10:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

Unhappy Multiple tuner problems and Where is my EPG Data?

Ok I worked on this for about 12 hours yesterday and it's really driving me crazy. I finally decided to put Sagetv on the server that I was using for BeyondTV. I disabled BTV, then setup sage and eveyrthing installed fine but then I ran into a host of problems. For one it took FOREVER for Sage to download the direct tv guide which BTW it really wasn't downloading cause I didn't see much of any activity from my machine to the EPG server. Then after I setup the cards(two pvr 250's & one pvr 150) Sage insisted on using card #2 even if you selected pvr #3 or #1 in the source setup wizard. So I deleted all the cards from sage and setup just one pvr card(card #1). Well after waiting for the direct tv channel download again I went to try it out and it was using card #2 again. I tried this for each card listed and no matter what I selected Sage always used card #2. So next I decided to uninstall card #2(pvr 250) and try it with just the other two cards. That worked fine, hmmm.... maybe there is something screwed with that card, yet it worked fine in BTV? Looking at the system info I see that the EPG was last updated Sunday January 23 at 10:47am but there is not much data in the EPG. The sage server has been running for 11 hours and 30 minutes now, that should be enough time to grab all the EPG data right? I searched the forums and tried the channel unselect/reselect trick to force the update but I still have very little EPG data.
Old 01-23-2005, 10:33 AM
SageTVaholic

mine took about 8-12 hours to download the last few times I rebuilt my computer
who is the provider?
Old 01-23-2005, 11:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have two sources, Direct TV and Comcast Cable. I'm not worried much about crapcast right now but I need the Direct TV EPG.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

***Update

I've been working on this setup for about 2 days now and I have most of the items resolved expect for this EPG issue. Today I tried to access the music channels on Direct Tv and I couldn't get them. I added them to the channel setup and could even view them during the setup, but when I enter the numbers Sage just ignores them. I decided to start from scratch, I unistalled and deleted everything in the frey directory (made a copy of course) and now it's been 20 minutes and i'm still at the "please wait while the channel lineup is downloaded for DirectTV-USA". When I first selected the service I was using I saw my Sage server contact frey's EPG server, after a few kb's of data everything dropped off. Earlier today I saw the EPG update, and at one time my Sage server downloaded about 25 megs of EPG data BUT I still had many channels with "no data" listed in the guide. This is the last piece of the puzzle, and also the last straw as I've been working on this for over 2 days now. As much as I hate to say it, I would have to go back to Beyond TV if I can't get this resolved. I really really really like SageTV, everything rans nice and smooth on the same setup that Beyond TV has a problem with but if I can't get any EPG data then it's no use to me.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

***Update </rant>

Ok I decided to install Sage on my htpc machine and the guide worked fine, as a matter of fact it had a great deal of data fairly quickly. So I grabbed a spare drive and did a complete xp install from scratch. Well I can say that now I have data, and everything is working , not all I have to do is add my last two direct tv boxes to the mix but so far I'm so happy I didn't have to go back to Beyond TV cause the picture quality from Sage is amazing. I don't know why but using the same hardware I was using for Beyond TV i'm getting a much better picture with Sage. That and I can use my mvp's .