SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-23-2005, 12:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Question on ignoring watched tag on favorites

Is there an option to ignore the "watched" tag on a favorite so that sagetv will record it if it has been watched but is not currently a recording?

I know how to remove the watched tag but that has become a pain. And I'd be happy with a simple way to remove the watched tag on the entire favorite and not just one show.

BTW, this would be useful for shows that my son watches. There are few of series that he likes and enjoys watching the same show again, but i don't have enough disk to hold all episodes.

thanks,
pez
Old 01-23-2005, 01:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Sage is designed never to re-record something you have watched, so the only alternative is to clear the watched flag

If you have installed my webserver plugin, you can clear the watched flag on all old airings of a show:
In the web interface: Find a show.
Search for additional airings
Change search options to set:
Find programs occuring = anytime
Watched = Watched
Then search again: This will show all watched shows, you can now 'select all' and 'clear watched'

You can do similar with the 'Viewing History' menus in Malore's or Cayar's STVs (but I don't have them installed at the moment -- I think it is done by right clicking on the show)
Old 01-23-2005, 09:48 PM
Administrator

The Viewing History that malore added is quite useful for things like that. There is also an option in MalDude2 (and thus probably Cayars; not sure about any others) to set or clear the Watched status for a fav on the Favorite Details screen.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-26-2005, 10:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks I'll try the web plugin it should help a lot.

I did noticed you can clear "watched" from favorites as they appear in the additional show menu, but I just don't want to have to do it so often.

I think I may just spring for a second disk and save all the shows he really likes.

-pez