SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-23-2005, 10:40 PM
Sage User

Problem navigating lots of the same recorded program

I think Sage ought to fix the way SageTV works when navigating in recorded programs through multiple episodes of he same recorded program (perhaps only when there's more than enough to cause the need to scroll through to see all the episodes).

Nothing happens when I'm on an episode in the list and I hit the left arrow on the remote. (the little one that comes with the Haup250) Normally that takes me from the list of episodes of a show back to the list of shows.

I was frustrated by this for a long while before trying the reverse playback button. That does take you back to the list of shows, but its less convenient and not at all intuitive.

--Shayne
Old 01-23-2005, 10:52 PM
Administrator

What STV are you using? If it is the default STV, how are you viewing the list of recordings?

It sounds like you are using the property setting to enable an old form of mlbdude's 2-pane recording list: that view has known problems and was initially removed. It was added back via a property setting only after some of us asked for it, with the understanding that it really isn't a supported list viewing style. There are some custom STVs that have working 2-pane list views that you could use instead.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:45 AM
Sage User

I'm currently usinng the default (Original V2). Though I have previously used one of malore's STVs from later in 2004. Where I think I also noticed this problem. I don't recall ever using mlbdude's but I might have.

I get into the situation by having six or more episodes of a show and navigating there with the remote via selcting Sage TV Recordings down-arrowing to the Name of the Show then right arrowing to select from the List of Episodes that appears to the right of the list of shows.

If I hit the remote's left arrow before playing anything I can get back to the list of shows. But playing one of the episodes to the end or hitting stop part way through creates a situation where Sage returns me to either the list of episodes for that show. Alternatively it sometimes returns me to the main menu, only to be presented with the episodes of that show again when I select Sage TV recordings.

So what STVs can I use to get around this problem?

Last edited by weyker; 01-24-2005 at 11:47 AM. Reason: spelling fix
Old 01-24-2005, 12:10 PM
Administrator

What you are describing is almost definitely the _old_ mlbdude 2-pane style of recordings list - it was probably enabled in a custom STV & then remained that way in the properties file.

I don't know about other 2-pane lists, but malore's own 2-pane version works & is available in malore's STV, along with MalDude2 and most likely Cayars. See the customizations index post for links.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:12 AM
Sage User

Thanks for the help. But how/where do I edit the relevant file to get back to the way the default Originalv2 STV works in this situation?
Old 01-25-2005, 11:19 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by weyker
But how/where do I edit the relevant file to get back to the way the default Originalv2 STV works in this situation?
Do you mean in order to stop using the 2-pane list view? You can edit the properties file (while SageTV isn't running) and set use_mlbdude_sage_recordings=false. Is that what you meant? Or, is that property already false?

- Andy
Old 01-26-2005, 07:44 PM
Sage User

It was set to true. Setting it false got rid of two-pane viewing. Thanks.