SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-27-2005, 08:09 AM
Sage User

Customize Delete Order?

I don't think that this is possible yet, but I was wondering is there anywhere to specify a customized delete order? Meaning what gets deleted over what? I checked the FAQ and it says there that if STV is out of room, it'll make room by deleting a lower priority item in the order here from highest to lowest:

* Manual Recordings
* Favorites
* Intelligent Recordings
* Watched Shows
* Live TV
* Don't Like

Personally, I don't like that watched shows is on there (although I can certainly see why it would be). I'd like to be able to have my STV keep track of which shows are watched and which aren't but would like to keep entire seasons of my higher priority favorites on there.

There the "archive" function, but I don't really like having two seperate places where my media can be stored. Wouldn't care about this if I had one unified place to look for all shows.

I can just keep everything unwatched. I'll have to read descriptions of what shows instead of looking for unitalicised (sp?) text. More less accomplishes what I want.

Not sure what else to do. It would also be nice to be able to flag just one show in a series as not to be deleted. Again, I guess this is what the archive feature is for. Maybe I'll see if one of the customization folks can make a view that lets me search both archived and non-archived items under one place?

Any other ideas?
Old 01-27-2005, 08:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
...would like to keep entire seasons of my higher priority favorites on there.
Favourite properties: AutoDelete -> No.
Old 01-27-2005, 10:07 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
Favourite properties: AutoDelete -> No.
Yeah. I started doing that but ended up having nearly everything being marked as not to autodelete.

There are some things that I definitely don't want to autodelete which I've flagged. For the rest though, as much as I'd like to keep shows, I guess I'm ok with them being deleted. I'd like to do it from from oldest to newest though, regardless of their watched status.

Basically, I'd like to be able to mark stuff as watched for my browsing convenience, but not to have STV delete them before other lower priority stuff that I've recorded. Maybe I'm just weird like that.
Old 01-27-2005, 10:13 AM
Administrator

You can use the Record command on existing recordings to toggle the Manual Recording status for that show. Manual Recordings are not auto-deleted. Simply highlight the show & use the Record command.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:05 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
You can use the Record command on existing recordings to toggle the Manual Recording status for that show. Manual Recordings are not auto-deleted. Simply highlight the show & use the Record command.
I forgot about that. That's definitely good to keep in mind for the future. I'm guessing there is no way to do this with shows that have already been recorded, though?
Old 01-27-2005, 11:19 AM
SageTVaholic

yep -- CTRL-Y or the record key on the remote (toggles the red border)... There is no way of doing this via the mouse/UI (unless you scroll the program guide back to when it was aired!)
Old 01-27-2005, 11:29 AM
Administrator

... and I would suggest using the Record command for this purpose _after_ the favorite has been recorded. Letting it record as a favorite allows SageTV to schedule it for any of the show's airings and uses the fav's padding times. Overriding the fav as a Manual Recording before it gets recorded means you lose the schedule flexibility and it won't use the fav's other settings such as padding, recording rate, etc.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-27-2005, 01:08 PM
Sage User

Awesome. Thanks for the advice guys. I'll just flag anything that I *really* want to save like that. The watched vs. unwatched stuff I can live with if I can single out shows like this.

Thanks a bunch!
Old 01-27-2005, 02:38 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
yep -- CTRL-Y or the record key on the remote (toggles the red border)... There is no way of doing this via the mouse/UI (unless you scroll the program guide back to when it was aired!)
Depends on the STV you use.
Old 01-27-2005, 03:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drinyth
* Manual Recordings
* Favorites
* Intelligent Recordings
* Watched Shows
* Live TV
* Don't Like
I only have a problem with Intelligent Recordings being higher priority than Watched Shows. This is a problem if you have more than one TV watcher in the house and not everyone gets to see the recorded shows, especially if the person who watched it already didn't reset the "Watch" status. And Intelligent Recordings at times is not intelligent at all, it'll go on a crazy recording spree and record every damn show on the disney channel or lifetime network. So when it needs space, it'll delete the "Watched" shows since it has higher priority. So I would like a way to control the delete priority or detailed options to control what Intelligent Recordings does.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 01-27-2005, 03:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drinyth
There the "archive" function, but I don't really like having two seperate places where my media can be stored. Wouldn't care about this if I had one unified place to look for all shows.
You can actually set the "recorded shows" screen to show both normal and archived recordings. I also thought having seperate listings was a pain until I found this feature... now I have both on the same screen.

This is with Cayars STV 17... I'm not sure if it's also available in the stock STV or is a feature of Cayars.
Old 01-27-2005, 03:50 PM
Sage Icon

That and the unique sorting features are Cayars features.
Old 01-27-2005, 06:25 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin
You can actually set the "recorded shows" screen to show both normal and archived recordings. I also thought having seperate listings was a pain until I found this feature... now I have both on the same screen.

This is with Cayars STV 17... I'm not sure if it's also available in the stock STV or is a feature of Cayars.
Ok, I'm blind. Can you tell me where the recorded shows screen where you set this is? I've been searching for the last 10 minutes, but can't find it. The cold weather must be getting to me...

Does changing this wherever you change it make it happen globally? Or more importantly, does it change it for the "Malore Style Recordings"? That's really the one I use 99% of the time to browse stuff.

Thanks!
Old 01-27-2005, 08:23 PM
Sage Icon

In the TV Recording screen bring up the options menu and check out the "Archived Type" menu option.

My STV has many, many options scattered throughout it. Always be on the lookout for things if you haven't followed the thread.
Old 01-28-2005, 11:09 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayars
In the TV Recording screen bring up the options menu and check out the "Archived Type" menu option.

My STV has many, many options scattered throughout it. Always be on the lookout for things if you haven't followed the thread.
Thanks! Added it last night and it's working ok.

I normally use the Malore view, though? Any chance of hacking this and doing the same in this view? Not sure if that's even possible or not?
Old 01-28-2005, 11:29 AM
Sage Icon

I'm not sure how easy/hard this would be in the Malore modules. It took me a few days to work out all the issues for the TV Recording screen as it was.