SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 06:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

That's cool, man. I'm happy if you check it out but find out there's a major reason why not. And if it's just a matter of a pain-in-the-neck procedure, then maybe someone will tackle it at some point and I can pay them for their work. In any case, thanks for taking a look again. Great to have you back!
Old 02-24-2005, 06:16 PM
Sage Icon

mbrown3: as a kind of work around for this why not find a way to bind your right mouse button with the Info command in Sage?
Old 02-25-2005, 06:52 PM
Sage Icon

Here is a feature request I'd find useful.
I sometimes want to play video files in the configured external video player but not always. How about adding another option to the Video Detail menu on the left to "Play in External Player" That way I don't have to constantly change the setting in External Setup.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
mbrown3: as a kind of work around for this why not find a way to bind your right mouse button with the Info command in Sage?
Sorry to display my vast ignorance here, but what is the info command? Is it something having to do with the remote? B/C I don't use the remote, or keycommands, I do everything by mouse. Since Sage is really my secondary PVR, I use it for "secondary" shows, and everything is done right at the PC...I wanted it as simple to use as possible for a high WAF. That's why right click would be great.
Old 03-14-2005, 05:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have a feature request: Favorite recording of re-runs by episode number/range.

I've found that I inevitably miss a handfull of episodes each season. Most of the time, there will be a rerun of that show sometime in the future. Great, just record re-runs, right? I do not want to record all reruns because some of these shows have been around since before the dawn of SageTV. For example, if I were to record "That 70's Show", "The Simpsons", or "King of the Hill" reruns, it will record dozens of episodes a week that I saw long before SageTV came along. However, if I stick to first-runs only, I will never see that one or two episodes that I missed last season.

So, referring to the Viewing History app, I know I've recorded "That 70's Show" since episode 137. It is currently up to episode 182, but I have missed about 5 episodes in-between. I would like to tell it record first-runs and re-runs greater than episode 137. That way, I back fill the last couple of seasons without wasting my time sorting thru dozens of ancient episodes that I have probably already seen 90% of.

It could be very fulfilling to finally see that one episode of "ER", "Third Watch", or "The West Wing" that ties together a story line from last season.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:47 PM
Sage User

request, calling of personal batch files, sending of parameters to batch files...

i've been in a batch file moood lately in dealing with my recordings and all.. and would really love to be able to setup schedules to execute batch files and a basic text schedule manager of the batch files would be awesome!!!

and the ability to send sagetv data as parameters to batch files would also rule... (ie send the file names of the shows recorded)..

but i LOVE your Cayars!

peace
seamonkey420
Old 03-15-2005, 07:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
Here is a feature request I'd find useful.
I sometimes want to play video files in the configured external video player but not always. How about adding another option to the Video Detail menu on the left to "Play in External Player" That way I don't have to constantly change the setting in External Setup.
Ditto!

PVR - SageTV V2.2 Maint Release 2 Tuners

Asus P4P800 Dlx, P4 3.0GHZ HT, !GB RAM, 160GB HD, GeForce 5600XT, Plextor PX-TV402U and Hauppage PVR-150, Streamzap Remote, Sony 34" HDTV.
Old 03-15-2005, 09:00 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgorrell
I have a feature request: Favorite recording of re-runs by episode number/range.

I've found that I inevitably miss a handfull of episodes each season. Most of the time, there will be a rerun of that show sometime in the future. Great, just record re-runs, right? I do not want to record all reruns because some of these shows have been around since before the dawn of SageTV. For example, if I were to record "That 70's Show", "The Simpsons", or "King of the Hill" reruns, it will record dozens of episodes a week that I saw long before SageTV came along. However, if I stick to first-runs only, I will never see that one or two episodes that I missed last season.

So, referring to the Viewing History app, I know I've recorded "That 70's Show" since episode 137. It is currently up to episode 182, but I have missed about 5 episodes in-between. I would like to tell it record first-runs and re-runs greater than episode 137. That way, I back fill the last couple of seasons without wasting my time sorting thru dozens of ancient episodes that I have probably already seen 90% of.

It could be very fulfilling to finally see that one episode of "ER", "Third Watch", or "The West Wing" that ties together a story line from last season.
Yeah, this would be great!
Old 03-15-2005, 11:29 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfessor101
Hello,
A feature that I would find useful is the ability to disable a favorite recording during the 'regular season' of television programing, and then enabling it during reruns to catch all the secondary shows I watch. Currently I'm doing this with 'Manual' Deletion and 'Keep at Most' : 1 and then during the summer season changing this to 3 to keep those shows to a resonable amount of HD space.

Thanks for your time,

Bobby
i have basically the same issue, but i "turn off" favorites when i am low on drive space and it's something like seinfeld that gets rerun 37 times a week. the way i do it is to simply choose a channel that the show never airs on. that way it will not be recorded until you reset the channel to "any" or the correct one. so anyway, a minor issue, but i support this request as well.
Old 03-26-2005, 09:52 PM
Administrator

Note: I've moved the discussion of setting shows to 'watched' to prevent them from recording again to a new thread:

Does the same episode get recorded repeatedly?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-08-2005, 03:33 AM
Sage User

DVD ISOs

Hi. First off, great programs. I'm test running Sage without a TV Tuner and I like what I see so far.

I'll get to the point.

Feature Request #1
Use DVD ISO files, similarly to My Movies for MCE. It uses Daemon tools to automatically load the ISO file and then it plays the movie. This isn't a big deal, but I for one like to keep my file system as clean as possible and not clutter it up with hundreds of VOB files.

Feature Request #2
Again, using My Movies as the example... My Movies has a utility for downloading the information from the web, along with downloading the DVD box cover. Then, all this information is visible in the My Movies screen in MCE.

There are many things I like with Sage and Cayars over MCE. I just wish there were some plugin similar to My Movies for Cayars. it would be really IMO.

Once my TV tuner arrives and my computer's setup, I'll be sending my donation your way. Keep up the good work!
-Wolf
Old 04-20-2005, 09:06 AM
Sage User

Still looking for a STV that allows parental passwords on either selected imports MPG files or an option similiar to My Videos that would be password protected in which the admin could add selected imported MPG files. Do you plan to add anything like this?
Closed Thread