SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 02-04-2005, 01:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

rig configuration

getting fairly excited about my pvr150 arriving... cant wait to try it out with sage.

have been reading the forums a lot lately, and I had some questions and observations

1) whats the best video card to use right now with sage? best i could find in the forums was an nvidia 6600... that card isn't really bleeding edge anymore though.

2) by what i've read, i'm not going to like my tv output quality, either when nevigating live tv, or during playback... this is due to me having an radeon 9600.
i plan to calibrate the tv with video essentials... how bad is it going to really be? I have only the expectation that it will look as good/bad as my expressvu does now.

3)i havent read much about using RAID hard drive setups, ata vs serial etc etc when it comes to sage... i did see some recommend 64kb clusters. is that still the case?

4)my tv is a sony 32" CRT type.
its a trinitron, but not a flat screen and not digital by any means. anythign i should be aware of as far as picutre quality goes with that unit?

5) i want to use the features of sage like transparent live tv guide etc etc... whats the best match for me with the pvr150? video card wise.
i have a p4 2.6 with 1gb ram.

6) i think i see the benefits of having a client machine... it can drive the gui but you can use your big PCs hard drives for storage... this way there is no need to worrk about dual heads outputs on video cards etc etc... trouble is, this "Client" machine is going to have to be a real beast to be able to do transparent menus etc etc... like we are talking a super powerful laptop or a custom built silverstone type rig