SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 03-03-2005, 11:13 AM
Sage User

Internet Music via STV?

Anyone know of any customizations or plug-ins for STV that will you to listen to on-line subscribed or non subscribed music services such as XM-Radio, Rhapsody, Napster, Live 365 or even internet radio stations. Hope I'm not looking in the wrong place.
Old 03-03-2005, 02:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to Ryokurin Send a message via AIM to Ryokurin Send a message via Yahoo to Ryokurin
Rhaposdy and Napster would likely be a problem because of the DRM. (the highest levels of it require that MS has a look at the code and you pay a fee for the right) As for a shoutcast stream thats probably plausable as long as you use a codec http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...ease_id=176837 it would probably be more of an issue if the mp3 player can support such a stream. I for one dont have a way to check that.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:13 AM
Sage User

Any XM subscribers will automatically be getting XM Online for free after April 2nd. I'd be cool to have a seperate menu that links in your favorite channels and launchs IE to play them.
Old 03-07-2005, 02:15 PM
Sage User

I have the code ready to go to add XM (via an XMPCR and would look similar to this) ready to go to add to Sage, but alas, no Studio. It may be possible to add XM Online the same way that it's added into MCE, but I don't know much about that.

Either way, from reading about Watter's experience with Studio it'd likely take me a couple months to integrate the java code into Sage.
Old 03-07-2005, 02:58 PM
Sage User

That looks REALLY good! That's what I was looking for anyway. Let me know what happens and if you need anyone to help test.

Thanks
Old 03-07-2005, 04:56 PM
Sage User

Thanks. Easy to draw in Photoshop, I imagine much more difficult to actually implement! Like I said, it's dependent on Studio at this point so it'll probably be a while.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

bump
Old 09-01-2005, 12:46 AM
Sage Icon

Where is that Nielm guy anyway???

Hint ...
Old 09-01-2005, 01:30 AM
SageTVaholic

I don't listen to online radio...

The simplest way would be a custom menu item that launches a radio player (Real / Winamp / Etc) with the URL/shortcut of the station you want to listen to ... This is possible with my dynamic menu plugin

You would also need to program your remote to be able to control the radio player...
Old 09-01-2005, 06:24 PM
Sage User

What about a plug in for Sirius Sat. Radio?

Gary
Old 09-01-2005, 06:35 PM
Sage User

I'd love to see a Yahoo Music Engine plugin. And in fact they do have an API:
http://plugins.yme.music.yahoo.com/

Whether or not the plugin development is suitable for a Sage environment, I don't know.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:03 PM
Sage User

From what I can tell of the Yahoo Music Engine, it looks like the API just allows you to change what appears in the right frame of their software, rather than allowing you to interface with the software from within an external program like SageTV. Too bad, it looks like Yahoo has a nice service.

As for a plugin for Sirius or XM, the problem is the same. Those who have the hardware aren't the same as those who have Studio! I'm trying to wrap my head around the best way to get around this. XM Online isn't easy/possible as the URLs are dynamic. So, the PCR or XM Direct is the way to go. Now, what to do is the big question!

Maybe with should include a link to an external program that looks like Sage, runs the PCR, and call it close enough!