SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 03-20-2005, 11:04 AM

Arrow STV: SageMC 16x9 11/26/2005 Sage 4.x Version 5_10

Hey all, made a few minor cosmetic changes to SageMC 1.0 so it better fits in a 16x9 setting. Also added one minor feature - Themes.

The images included were all done by the MediaPortal guys. Want to thank in particular Samsonite and Elow. If either of you guys don't want your work used for this purpose just let me know and I will yank it. I don't want to mess up anything you guys are tyring to do.

SageMC Documentation Project http://www.sage-community.org/index.cgi/wiki/SageMC169.

External Player samples (go in your SageMCE folder)External Media Players.

If we can get some other guys out there to create them, as you can see we can add new ones dynamically. Just need some people with good graphics skills. Seems like MediaPortal has tham all .

EDITS:
11/26/2005
SageMC_169_5_10 - Version 10 SageTV 4.x STV
SageMC169 Ver 5_10
Various bug fixes and enhancements.

My Videos now has a Play menu item when viewing by File System. It will queue up all videos from the current folder and all of its subfolders and auto play the queue.

My Music now remembers your last used view when returning to the menu.

Added back Simple Weather to main menu.

New recording type filter in Recordings menu. It only shows up if you are using Intelligent Recording.
Left is back behavior is now included. Use the below property to enable:
mlbdude/use_left_as_back=false

Added ability to limit external media player launching to specified extensions.
Change or add:
mlbdude/limit_external_to_extensions=*
to something like:
mlbdude/limit_external_to_extensions=.mpg,.mpeg

Updated the Sage weather menu as My Weather. Should be a good replacement for the old Simple Weather now.

Added a new property you can use to clasify what main category SageMC will use to view movies.
mlbdude/movie_category=Movie

New Main Menu style. To disable it use the Options command on the Main Menu. You can now switch between Sage and MCE style. Sage style is same as before. MCE style is similar to how MCE does it but without the animation. This menu style is great for users that have lots of main menu items.
Note: When you enable\disable menu items in the Options menu with the MCE style menu, make sure you use the Refresh option in the Options menu to refresh the Main Menu.
Also added a ability to remove the spacer from the new menu if you don't like it. Use the Options command on the main menu.

Added a new menu item - My Plugins. Enable with the Options menu. Developers can create self contained menu's and have them imported into hte SageMC STV. They can be registered with SageMC by adding property lines as below:
mlbdude/plugins/deria_weater_monitor/Author=Deria
mlbdude/plugins/deria_weater_monitor/Description=The Weather plugin is an enhanced weather module for SageTV
mlbdude/plugins/deria_weater_monitor/Menu=Weather Monitor Plugin - deria
mlbdude/plugins/deria_weater_monitor/Title=Weather Monitor
mlbdude/plugins/deria_system_monitor/Author=Deria
mlbdude/plugins/deria_system_monitor/Description=The System Monitor plugin is an extremely configurable disk utilization monitor
mlbdude/plugins/deria_system_monitor/Menu=System Monitor Plugin - deria
mlbdude/plugins/deria_system_monitor/Title=System Monitor

These samples are live but being worked on. If you want to try them out feel free to add these lines to your properties file while Sage is closed. Also make sure you download each of Deria's plugins and extract to your SageTV folder. Just do NOT import the STVI. Only the supporting files are needed. These will be included in the next full release.
Thanks to Deria for all the work done on these plugins!

Can now select and edit Aspect Ratios, Subtitles, and Audio Language from the DVD controls or if it is not a DVD from the Options menu.

Recreated most of the offline import functionality. Now takes you to a screen to allow you to select or deselect items for import to avoid duplicates. I also improved the detection routines so by default it will select only the ones SageMC thinks should be imported as offline (items that don't already exist in your video library).

For users having issues, enable the error display for DVD Profiler by setting the property:
mlbdude/enable_dvd_profiler_errors=true

This should make it easy to setup and troubleshoot now. Let me know if this helps any of the users having issues with this feature.

If you have posted any bugs, they may have been fixed in the latest dev build. Each day I do any changes I will update this file. Probably not any date info on it you will just have to download and check the file date/time.
Latest Dev Build

Here are some screen caps:
Main Menu Images:

TV Guide Images:

Program Info w/IMDB Integration:

TV Movies:

TV Recording Schedule:

TV Search:

My Music:
Album View

Album Details

Artist View

Album Artist View

Genre View

Music Queue

Music File View: (view music by file directory structure)

My Videos:
Category View - Using IMDB or DVDProfiler Meta-Data

Video Details View

Get Video Meta-Data (includes saving image thumdnail from IMDB)

Video Search

Video Groups - Create your own custom top-level groups to organize video by

Offline Videos - Add offline videos with DVDProfiler information

DVDProfiler Integration

On Screen Display:

DVD Controls

Themes:

Easy Launching of External Programs:

Updated Weather Menu:

Customizable Dynamic Menu:

Version 4.x History:

3/20/2005 4:09 PM EST
SageMC_169_2
New test build. Contains Commercial Detect from Malore. Maybe it works, don't have anything to test it with myself . Replace the SageMC_169_1 STV with this one.

3/20/2005 5:07 PM EST
SageMC_169_3
Files include: Update STV (overwrite exising), and external media players (.cmd files). Place the .cmd files in your "SageTV\STVs\OriginalV2\SageMCE" folder. Edit them with your players and command line parameters. Make sure you leave the %1 in there.

Added external media player functionality.

mlbdude/use_external_dvd_player=true
Use this property to tell SageTV to use your dvd_player.cmd file when playing back DVD's.
mlbdude/use_external_media_player=true
Use this property to tell SageTV to use your media_player.cmd file when playing back library non-DVD files.
mlbdude/use_external_media_player_tv_files=true
Use this property to tell SageTV to use your media_player.cmd file when playing back SageTV recordings.

3/25/2005 5:55 PM EST
SageMC_169_4
Cleaned up a few items with the now playing icon.
Fixed a couple of sorting issues in My TV.
Added a new main menu item - My Menu. This will bring up a version of the Neilm custom menu. Use it if you are brave enough .

Some Neilm menu documentation to be aware of:
http://www.sage-community.org/index....i/NielmStvMenu

7/29/2005
SageMC_169_5_b1 - BETA SageTV 3.x STV
SageMC169 Ver 5 Beta 1
A few bug fixes that have been hanging around.
Added in the 3.x detailed setup.
Added in the salsbst's Weather Report Suite with SageMC look and feel (Thanks! salsbst) - Enable it with the Options command on the Main Menu and configure as per the WRS instructions.
Added shutdown popup when selecting the close button on the Main Menu.
Trying out some UI animations. Only on Main Menu and TV menus. Disable with this property: mlbdude/enable_ui_animations=false
Added "All Unwatched" filter to Recorded TV.
Options menu in Recorded TV will now let you set a default filter.
Added some Sage 3.x style options to the Options menu in the Guide and My Videos.
Added Config Wizard from Sage3.x. Not sure if all it working in this yet.

7/29/2005
SageMC_169_5_b2 - BETA 2 SageTV 3.x STV
SageMC169 Ver 5 Beta 2
Fixed background in source setup.
Fixed Themes not available.
Added Neilm IMDB search to My Videos.
Added quick jump alphabet to My Music (just keep going right).
Added Artist\Album view to My Music.
Modified timing on animations on Main Menu.
Fixed bug with groups of Unwatched recordings.

7/30/2005
SageMC_169_5_b3 - BETA 3 SageTV 3.x STV
SageMC169 Ver 5 Beta 3
You can now save meta information for My Video files from IMDB.
You can import meta information for My Video files with DVD Profiler if it is configured as per the prior release. Thanks goes to Stanger89 for the java code and STV samples.
TV Subgroups now default to Episode Title.
Movies sorted by Title will have duplicates grouped.

8/7/2005
SageMC_169_5_b4 - BETA 4 SageTV 3.x STV
SageMC169 Ver 5 Beta 4
New Information menu for Recorded TV.
Improved meta-information options in My Videos - auto load, bulk load, etc.
New Category view for My Videos. Note you must have good imported meta-information for anything to show up here.
Added more info to the OSD during TV playback.
Changed mini-guide behavior to alwasy come up regardless if the show is live or not.

8/14/2005
SageMC_169_5_b5 - BETA 5 SageTV 3.x STV
SageMC169 Ver 5 Beta 5
Added Add to Queue and View Current Playlist features to My Music. Lets you alwasy see the current queue/playlist and what song in it is playing.

Added back List View to Category View in My Videos.

Added Offline video capability. Check out this thread for details on how to set it up and what is required. I may include a setup wizard for this in the future if it is popular. Offline Videos Setup Instructions

This will probably be the last version with new features. Lets get the bugs out and make a 3.x release. Then we can work on whats next.

8/19/2005
SageMC_169_5_b6 - BETA 6 SageTV 3.x STV
SageMC169 Ver 5 Beta 5
Bug fixes and improvements to My Videos.
Searching in My Videos if using Category View.
My Music Options updates for custom view styles and easy way to view what you are currently playing.
Music preview window now takes you to the current playlist. Use Visualize from there to go to full screen.
Updates to My TV, check out a grouped show in Recordings.
Grouped movies now show the title and description.
Bug fixes for Other Programs.
Enhanced Mini-Guide to allow looking into the future.

8/28/2005
SageMC_169_5_b7 - BETA 7 SageTV 3.x STV
SageMC169 Ver 5 Beta 7
If IR is enabled new "Suggestions" view in Schedule.
Various enhancements to My Music.
Custom "Groups" available in My Videos. Configure as in http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...&postcount=587.
ChannelLogos can be used in OSD, set mlbdude/show_channellogos_osd=true.
Various improvements and bug fixes.

10/30/2005
SageMC_169_5_8 - Version 8 SageTV 3.x STV
SageMC169 Ver 5 Version 8
Various improvements and bug fixes.
New My Music Files menu (enable with Options menu on Main Menu). This will let you play and browse your music collection via the file system.
Stage one of Sage weather integration. This now replaced My Weather.
IMDB Search is now integrated into My TV. Use the Options menu from the Program Info menu.
When saving IMDB information for a Video file, the thumbnail image from IMDB will be saved for you too. Thanks neilm on this one!
VERY IMPORTANT: Neilm has updated his IMDB code - it is now located inteh JARs folder. Make sure you delete the folder SageTV\SageTV\net\sf\sageplugins\sageimdb folder if it exists prior to installing this STV.

11/06/2005
SageMC_169_5_9 - Version 9 SageTV 4.x STV
SageMC169 Ver 5 Version 9
Added DVD Dual Decoders. Allows you to have two sets of decoders setup for DVD playback. Good for users that want to use ffdshow for film DVD's and DXVA decoder for video DVD's. http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...&postcount=901
Added DVD Controls popup. This gives quick visual access to DVD controls. Use Up or Down in OSD to bring it up.
Changed the way the FF/REW and FF2/REW2 commands work when a DVD is playing. FF/REW do smooth FF and REW and FF3/REW2 do chapter next and previous. Allows logical control of DVD content with the shared buttons.
Included several new themes - Big download now.
Updated STV and zip file for SageTV 4.x folder structures.

Old SageTV 2.x version:
You can download items here:SageMC169 Ver 4
Minor update to fix odd menu button in My Videos if you download Ver 4 before this link was posted.
SageMC169 Ver 4 Update

Last edited by mlbdude; 12-03-2005 at 08:05 AM.
Old 03-20-2005, 08:10 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to wbarber69 Send a message via AIM to wbarber69 Send a message via MSN to wbarber69 Send a message via Yahoo to wbarber69
I setup comskip in this new stv but as it seems to be compiling data nothing shows up when playing the file, everything plays no commercial advance

Last edited by wbarber69; 03-21-2005 at 10:30 PM.
Old 03-20-2005, 09:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Commercial skip sections are showing up across the whole bottom area and not just on the time bar.

Didn't get a chance to see if it worked. Just noticed how it looks.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:03 PM
Sage Icon

I hope mlbdude doesn't mind but I took it upon myself to fix the comskip problems with Version 3 from above. The timebar was messed up as was pointed out and Com Auto Skip wasn't working either. I have fixed these and the file can be downloaded from:
-REMOVED-
Just extract the stv to your STVs/OriginalV2 folder and don't forget to switch the STV to SageMC_169fix.stv

Last edited by ToxMox; 03-26-2005 at 11:36 AM.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:19 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to LegolasX21E Send a message via Yahoo to LegolasX21E
Im having trouble getting the Blue two Steel theme to work. when I select it it says I have to restart the SageTV UI. I restart sage and there is no change. Are there extra files I need to download? I just extracted the stv to the stv directory. Any image file swapping? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:22 PM
Sage Icon

Legolas, did you follow this section of the first post?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
NOTE: You must add some lines to your Sage.Properties file while Sage is closed.

ui/themes/0/image_root=Images_MC
ui/themes/0/title=MCE
ui/themes/1/image_root=Images_bt
ui/themes/1/title=BlueTwo
ui/themes/2/image_root=Images_bt_m
ui/themes/2/title=BlueTwo Blue Steel
Old 03-21-2005, 01:16 AM
Sage User

I added them to the bottom, did I do that right? I just copied and pasted them in there.
Old 03-21-2005, 04:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Wow, 16x9 and comskip,Thank you thank you, Thank You. Have been waiting for comskip forever now I can finally use sage mce. Thanks dude.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:12 AM
Sage Advanced User

OK started useing it and I have one more request is there anyway to get two pane recordings. got really used to using that. and the wife really likes it. But I love everything else about this stv it finally looks up to date or maybe even futuristic I love it. Just that small request.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

legolas did you install the first 16x9 stv first then add the 3rd version I had the same thing happen then went back and intalled the first and now it works still had to restart ui but it took before i didn't get preview either now i do.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:32 AM

Make sure you install the first SageMC169 zip. It is big and contains all the image files needed. Use ToxMox's STV as the real Ver. 3 for now. Thanks for that. I have no real way to test that . Will use that as the base from now.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:27 AM
Sage User

THANKS! works great now.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

Is there anyway to get the osd to be transparent without using vmr9? I am using overlay due to tearing in vmr. Also is the osd time bar able to have the graphics updated like the other files.Can I open a file and change it in photoshop or something?
Old 03-21-2005, 02:45 PM
Sage Icon

I see you've added external media player functionality. How would i go about setting this up for just an external Music player? It would then launch the other app when I click My Music.
thanks
JUC
Old 03-21-2005, 04:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

mlbdude, Does this STV only work well in a 16x9 environment? I don't have a non 16x9 televison to test it on.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:19 PM
SageTVaholic

JUC
I believe these are the new commands that go into your .properties file.

mlbdude/use_external_dvd_player=true
Use this property to tell SageTV to use your dvd_player.cmd file when playing back DVD's.

mlbdude/use_external_media_player=true
Use this property to tell SageTV to use your media_player.cmd file when playing back library non-DVD files.

mlbdude/use_external_media_player_tv_files=true
Use this property to tell SageTV to use your media_player.cmd file when playing back SageTV recordings.

I would think the second one would be what you want to use. You'll also need to edit your media_player.cmd file in the SageMC directory with the player you want to use. I'm just not clear when he says "tell SageTV to use your media_player.cmd file when playing back library non-DVD files" if this can mean music files or if it is just video files like .divx, .avi, etc.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Watter
I have this running on 4:3 TV set and PC CRTs as well as my 16:9 HDTV. It works fine on all.

Gerry
Old 03-21-2005, 06:34 PM

Updated version 3 zip file with the changes to ComSkip done by ToxMox (Thanks!).

Custom media players are only for video. Not sure how you would use them for music files other than playing a single file to a media player.

Should work in 4:3 but it might be tight in a few places. Heck, you may like the better use of space.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:46 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks, I was hoping to launch another app for music only.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:59 PM
Sage User

Any way to change the main menu around in the properties file?
I only use Sage for TV...........so I don't want the other junk there ( I use Meedio for that )

Thanks,

John