SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 06-27-2006, 07:20 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jettman
I got the jpeg's to show up. I didn't use the xml file.
I didn't know that I had to use the SageClient.properties file since I was using the service. I just had to change the DVD Profiler path in the client properties file and now it works!
(Note to self: Ask about service mode first...)
Old 06-27-2006, 10:19 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
So, tonight I thought I'd take a look at themes other than blue2. When I choose the MCE theme, the word start, and the icons look squished. What's going on there?
Old 06-27-2006, 11:13 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker
So, tonight I thought I'd take a look at themes other than blue2. When I choose the MCE theme, the word start, and the icons look squished. What's going on there?
Strange. My guess, is that it's a left/right menu setting that isn't right, perhaps?

Oh, actually, did you close and restart Sage? You have to do that before it looks right...
Old 06-27-2006, 11:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Strange. My guess, is that it's a left/right menu setting that isn't right, perhaps?

Oh, actually, did you close and restart Sage? You have to do that before it looks right...
aahhhh the old close and restart process gotcha I'll give it a whirl later.

EDIT
that did it. Thanks for the reminder geogecko.

Last edited by kricker; 06-28-2006 at 04:19 PM.
Old 06-28-2006, 03:23 PM
Sage User

Is there anything special I have to do to get Placeshifter working with SageMC? Or will I have to revert back to SageTV to get Placeshifter working......
Old 06-28-2006, 08:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Generalg
Is there anything special I have to do to get Placeshifter working with SageMC? Or will I have to revert back to SageTV to get Placeshifter working......
I am using Placeshifter with SageMC without problems (the only issue is that you cant bring up the options menu in some places since it will quit the placeshifter application).

What kind of problems do you encounter ?

Dirk
Old 06-30-2006, 11:39 PM
Sage Icon

Playlists

Could a 'playlists' feature be added?

I would like to take many video clips and put them into a 'playlist'. The playlist could then be selected and videos would play randomly that were setup on the list.

I am using 'playlists' in MusicMatch and WinAmp for audio only. I would like be able to use 'playlists' in a similar way with video and audio using SageTV.

Dave
Old 07-01-2006, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davephan
Could a 'playlists' feature be added?

I would like to take many video clips and put them into a 'playlist'. The playlist could then be selected and videos would play randomly that were setup on the list.

I am using 'playlists' in MusicMatch and WinAmp for audio only. I would like be able to use 'playlists' in a similar way with video and audio using SageTV.

Dave
This is there automatically in SageMC. You can even mix and match video, TV, and music in one playlist.

Don't forget the check out the SageMC16x9 Wiki if you have any configuration or general usage questions. New content is being added all the time!
Old 07-01-2006, 10:22 AM
Sage Icon

I was watching a DVD last night and it hung SageTV. When I got it back up and running I now get a windows error message saying there is no DVD in the drive everytime I go to the home (start) page of SageMC. I have to click the windows error message box, then I get a similar one from SageTV saying there is no dvd in the drive. This happens everytime.

I changed back to the default STV and it does not happen, I change to SageMC and it does. How do I get SageMC to figure out that there is no DVD in the drive and quit asking about it?

thanks,
Old 07-01-2006, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingHDTV
I was watching a DVD last night and it hung SageTV. When I got it back up and running I now get a windows error message saying there is no DVD in the drive everytime I go to the home (start) page of SageMC. I have to click the windows error message box, then I get a similar one from SageTV saying there is no dvd in the drive. This happens everytime.

I changed back to the default STV and it does not happen, I change to SageMC and it does. How do I get SageMC to figure out that there is no DVD in the drive and quit asking about it?

thanks,
This has come up before, however, there is nothing in SageMC to cause this to happen by default. Did Sage by chance add your DVD drive to the list of imported video folders?

Don't forget the check out the SageMC16x9 Wiki if you have any configuration or general usage questions. New content is being added all the time!
Old 07-01-2006, 11:51 AM
Sage Icon

I just checked my video import directories and the DVD drive is not listed.

I thought it may be a SageMC thing because it only happens with SageMC. I've switched back to the default STV and it works fine.

thanks,

EDIT: After switching between the two STVs, stopping the client, something finally fixed it and I don't see this anymore.

Last edited by lovingHDTV; 07-01-2006 at 12:09 PM.
Old 07-02-2006, 01:20 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingHDTV
I just checked my video import directories and the DVD drive is not listed.

I thought it may be a SageMC thing because it only happens with SageMC. I've switched back to the default STV and it works fine.

thanks,

EDIT: After switching between the two STVs, stopping the client, something finally fixed it and I don't see this anymore.
I had a similar problem before, though it wasn't exactly the same. Every time I went to a screen where I had to browse to select a path in the settings, it would pop up those "there's no disc" messages, and it would take forever to wait on it so I could move on. At one point I thought it was related to using SageMC instead of the regular STV, then I discovered (at least on mine) that it didn't give me those popups if I wasn't using the service mode. Since I didn't really need to use service mode, I just switched it off. You could see if this makes a difference one way or the other for you.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:23 PM
Sage Icon

If that was the case, it's good to use a difference tool to check what the differences are between your two properties files. ExamDiff is a good, free tool to use to do that. (sage.properties and sageclient.properties)
Old 07-05-2006, 11:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

On the My TV page, the Recent Recordings list does not show episode names. Is there a way to change this list to show more information about the recorded shows?
Old 07-06-2006, 12:46 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseflesh
On the My TV page, the Recent Recordings list does not show episode names. Is there a way to change this list to show more information about the recorded shows?
EDIT
Removed due to wrong info.

Last edited by kricker; 07-07-2006 at 09:21 PM.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

Strange, I don't see any additional info at the bottom of the screen. I will have to check my overscan settings. Thanks.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:40 AM
Sage Expert

Does anyone else have a problem where the Preview window doesn't properly resize the video image sometimes and instead just shows the bottom corner of the video? Also, when this happens (quite frequently), trying to switch back to the video itself will often result in getting an entire black screen except for the video (now properly "resized") showing just in the area where the preview window was - like it's a PIP window with a black signal for the "main" source?

This seems to happen alot to me, but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere before.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:25 PM
Sage Icon

Having problems with My Menu.

I enabled the My Menu, went into it, right clicked to get the options, added an internal screen, hit save def, reload def. I then get an error that SageMenu cannot be found. I did find that Sage created a _tmp file that contains the xml code for the menu.

How do I get this to work? I expected the save/reload to work.

Other suggestions?

thanks,
Old 07-07-2006, 03:53 PM
Sage User

Gyro Media Center Remote - Can only go "Down" in the SageMC User Interface

I've had SageTV for quite some time, but haven't done much with it. I've spent most of my time working with Meedio. Now that Meedio is defunct, I'm casting a wider net and looking for alternatives.

I've done a total uninstall/reinstall (into a new directory). Base SageTV works fine.

I've loaded SageMC 16x9 and the SageMC.xml update.

When I switch over to the SageMC.xml file. I no longer seem to be able to go backwards in the UI when I'm using my remote. On the initial screen, the only active options are the Exit button in the upper-left-hand corner and "My TV". The mouse/selection will not move to the "other programs", "settings", "my Video", "My Music", nor "My Pictures".

If I go into "My TV", I can never seem to back out of any selection. I can only keep going down into the user interface.

I have a Gyro Media Center remote that works fine with the standard UI is loaded.

I do seem to be able to traverse backwards and forwards using my wireless keyboard.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Silverstone SST-LC03 - ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe - PVR-250 - Radeon 9600XT - Sage
Old 07-07-2006, 04:21 PM

Bind a remote button to the Back command.