SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 07-21-2006, 07:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
I think this is a good idea, but he already does have his own thread, the "Add on" thread.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17979

But, he probably needs to edit the title, and update the first post, because it still says it's an import, when it's really not anymore.
I was just about to post the same thing ...

I absolutely agree, and I will update the first post when I get a chance. Though I don't see any way for me to rename the thread, but I will ask Andy if it's possible and if he can help out with this ...

Dirk
Old 07-21-2006, 07:33 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Though I don't see any way for me to rename the thread, but I will ask Andy if it's possible and if he can help out with this ...
Yes, I can rename threads when the need arises.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-21-2006, 07:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I was just about to post the same thing ...

I absolutely agree, and I will update the first post when I get a chance. Though I don't see any way for me to rename the thread, but I will ask Andy if it's possible and if he can help out with this ...

Dirk
Great. I knew the add-on thread was there but again, confusing for a new user because of the title. Hopefully Andy can get the thread name changed. If not-a new one won't hurt.

Gerry

Edit: Too slow again.
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 07-21-2006, 07:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4

- Andy
Cool, can you change the 'SageMC Addon' thread to 'STV: SageMC 16x9 Version 6.x (latest dev build)' ? Thanks !

On a related note, I had an idea which I have seen on other forums: would there be interest to set up a separate "New Version" thread, intended only for posting new updates (so no user replies) ? This would allow folks which dont visit the forums and read the regular threads that often to simply subscribe to this thread, and still get notified whenever a new version is available ...

Now, on the downside, if every Addon/Customization would follow this scheme there would be twice the number of 'support' threads in the customization forum - not sure if this would be welcomed by everyone ...

So some feedback would be appreciated, from user as well as official side (Andy ) ...

Dirk
Old 07-21-2006, 08:25 AM
Sage Icon

I like the single thread idea. While you can see how long this SageMC thread has become, it's nice that everything is in one place. If you have multiple threads showing up, it gets a bit difficult, because you got people that won't get the newest version, or someone posts a reply to an old post, and it moves up in the forum, possibly ahead of the most recent update.

That is one reason I was annoyed with the SageTV beta updates. I'd go a couple days without going to the beta forums, and find out several days later, that a new beta had come out. There was a beta update thread, but it was locked, because Andy didn't want anyone posting in the thread (understandably), but on the same note, you CAN'T "subscribe" to a closed thread. So, he opened it, and just stated on the last post he made in there, not to post (yet he has still had people post, and of course, gotten deleted), but this was nice, because we were now informed when a new version came out.

I think what would be better, is for the mods to allow changing of the titles of threads. This would allow the person making the STV or Import, able to change the title to state the correct version and date, without having to start a new thread. Then, everyone subscribed, gets a notification, when you post an update...

Just my couple cents.

*** Edit: ***

Better yet, how about this?

If you rename the thread to NOT include the version or date in the title? Then, create a separate thread for updates. The first thread can be for support/requests, and the second thread only updated by you (deleting any replies), with new version information. Of course, you could reference the other threads in each of the threads, so that people wouldn't get confused, and would know where to go to subscribe to updates...

Last edited by geogecko; 07-21-2006 at 08:29 AM.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I
Better yet, how about this?

If you rename the thread to NOT include the version or date in the title? Then, create a separate thread for updates. The first thread can be for support/requests, and the second thread only updated by you (deleting any replies), with new version information. Of course, you could reference the other threads in each of the threads, so that people wouldn't get confused, and would know where to go to subscribe to updates...
Hi geogecko,

sorry if I wasn't clear enough on this, but what you described in your edit is exactly what I meant . One new thread for me to post new versions, and the existing support thread as usual ...

Dirk
Old 07-21-2006, 11:48 AM
Sage Icon

Oh. Oops. Well, yeah, I'm all over that. If that's the way the Sage guys do it, why shouldn't we?
Old 07-22-2006, 06:13 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
So some feedback would be appreciated, from user as well as official side (Andy ) ...

Dirk
Dirk-

I like the single thread approach, but with a simple twist... In your personal taglines, put a url to the most recent version in the download section...

-Jason
Old 07-22-2006, 08:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
Dirk-

I like the single thread approach, but with a simple twist... In your personal taglines, put a url to the most recent version in the download section...

-Jason
Done.

Dirk
Old 07-22-2006, 09:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Thanks Andy !

Dirk
Old 07-24-2006, 04:01 AM
Sage Aficionado

In these 106 pages, doesn anyone mention experiencing weird CPU usage on certain menus? On the main menu it's as expected, given it's doing nothing - <10% (no video playing on the menus). Go into "My TV" or "My Videos" and it shoots up to 50% - and stays there for as long as you are in the menu! What's that about? Process Explorer makes it clear it's definitely SageTVClient that's using up all that CPU time.

Haven't had time to test it in the standard STV yet. Might try going to the new version of SageMC, too, and see if that clears it up.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:05 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
-Mahoney
This does not happen on my HTPC. The CPU will spike to about 25 when switching to a new menu but then drop right back down to 0. This is with no video playing.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'm the kiss of death for computers, I really am. What can go wrong invariably does go wrong.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:23 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoney
I'm the kiss of death for computers, I really am. What can go wrong invariably does go wrong.
me too.....every now and then though...I get it worked out
Old 08-13-2006, 08:21 PM
Sage User

i am using sagemc 16x9 on sage version 2.28, im wondering is there any way to get my epg guide to look like this
http://download.sage.tv/~mlbdude/Sag...9/tv_guide.JPG in terms of 2 things, one the black font, and 2 the channel logos
thanks
Old 08-13-2006, 08:50 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTyme
i am using sagemc 16x9 on sage version 2.28, im wondering is there any way to get my epg guide to look like this
http://download.sage.tv/~mlbdude/Sag...9/tv_guide.JPG in terms of 2 things, one the black font, and 2 the channel logos
thanks
Which version of SageMC are you using? 5_10 only? Or do you have the "Latest Dev Version?"

Also, if you haven't found out about flachbar's addition to SageMC, you might take a look here:

He has a menu setup, inside of "Detailed Setup/Advanced" that allows you to change the options there, instead of in the properties file. One of the sub catagories in there is "Colors" which allows you to change the guide text color.

I think channel logos is also a setting, but I can't remember.

Oh, I think you have to download the channel logos, probably do a search online for your area. They are stored in sagetv/sagetv/ChannelLogos
Old 08-13-2006, 09:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTyme
http://download.sage.tv/~mlbdude/SageMC_169/tv_guide.JPG in terms of 2 things, one the black font, and 2 the channel logos
thanks
Quote:
Which version of SageMC are you using? 5_10 only? Or do you have the "Latest Dev Version?"

Also, if you haven't found out about flachbar's addition to SageMC, you might take a look here:

He has a menu setup, inside of "Detailed Setup/Advanced" that allows you to change the options there, instead of in the properties file. One of the sub catagories in there is "Colors" which allows you to change the guide text color.

I think channel logos is also a setting, but I can't remember.

Oh, I think you have to download the channel logos, probably do a search online for your area. They are stored in sagetv/sagetv/ChannelLogos
SageTV 2.2.8 will not be able to use flachbar's version or any XML version for that matter. Only if he updates to 4.1.3 or beyond (see Red that I changed in his post above yours that I pasted in).

BobP.
Old 08-14-2006, 06:29 AM
Sage Icon

Good point. It's time to upgrade (it's free, by the way).
Old 08-14-2006, 09:44 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Good point. It's time to upgrade (it's free, by the way).
if of the if it aint broke...school; however i suppose i could create an image before i do anything as a safety net

thanks
Old 08-14-2006, 09:49 AM
Sage Icon

I would highly recommend it. That is normally what I do, before upgrading anything significant.