SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 04-13-2005, 11:29 PM
Sage User

mouse support

Yes, I agree. Mouse support would be nice. I've gotten around this issue by using the free mouse-gesture program called stokeit. I still would like to see the ability to click on the time bar so that you could fast forward to a specific spot, but this program makes mousing great!
skyw33
Old 04-13-2005, 11:42 PM
Sage Fanatic

Hello Opus and Kayoti,

Thanks again for your help. I will give it another go as soon as I solve some new playback problems that have cropped up.

Jesse
Old 04-15-2005, 01:45 PM
Sage Icon

The one thing I miss in this STV that others have is a way to stop the current playing file. How do I do this? I don't see a close file anywhere.

thanks,
Old 04-15-2005, 02:09 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingHDTV
The one thing I miss in this STV that others have is a way to stop the current playing file. How do I do this? I don't see a close file anywhere.

thanks,
You use the stop button on the remote. This will bring up an options window on which the fine print reads Press stop again to return to the menu.
Old 04-15-2005, 02:22 PM
Sage Icon

I just bound stop on the remote to the sage stop command. That should work

I thought that I had already done this, but a quick check of my girder file showed I was wrong.
Old 04-16-2005, 09:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

Howdy all -

I'm new to this STV. Love it BTW. I was just wondering - is there a place that people are posting custom themes? I'd love to get my hands on that black and white one that someone posted here which spawned some discussion around a "Sky Captain" theme.

Thanks

-Justin
Old 04-16-2005, 10:12 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surtr
Howdy all -

I'm new to this STV. Love it BTW. I was just wondering - is there a place that people are posting custom themes? I'd love to get my hands on that black and white one that someone posted here which spawned some discussion around a "Sky Captain" theme.

Thanks

-Justin
Hehe...yeah. Those will be completed sometime soon. I just have so many other projects to do at the same time. I'm glad you are excited for them though - the motivation I need
Old 04-17-2005, 10:03 AM
Sage User

sort recordings by title bug?

I've sorted my recordings by title and if I have more than one show with the same title it says "More" next to it. If I click one of those shows with the mouse, it takes me to the list of all shows with that same title. However, if I use the select key on my remote, it appears to select twice so that it first goes to the list of shows and then very quickly selects the first show in the list and ends up in the show's detailed information screen. When I hit the back button on my remote, it goes back twice as well! Every time, without fail. I don't think it's my remote because this is the only screen this happens on. Anybody else able to reproduce?
skyw33
Old 04-17-2005, 12:02 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyw33
I've sorted my recordings by title and if I have more than one show with the same title it says "More" next to it. If I click one of those shows with the mouse, it takes me to the list of all shows with that same title. However, if I use the select key on my remote, it appears to select twice so that it first goes to the list of shows and then very quickly selects the first show in the list and ends up in the show's detailed information screen. When I hit the back button on my remote, it goes back twice as well! Every time, without fail. I don't think it's my remote because this is the only screen this happens on. Anybody else able to reproduce?
skyw33
What type of remote and receiver are you using?
Old 04-17-2005, 12:26 PM
Sage User

recordings sort by title

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayoti
What type of remote and receiver are you using?
I'm using USB-UIRT and an inexpensive Philips PMDVR8.
Old 04-17-2005, 12:27 PM
SageTVaholic

You don't have enter, left, and/or play mapped to the same key do you?
Old 04-17-2005, 12:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
RedCoat-

Have you tried this out yet... importing WRS into SageMC?

-Jason
Yes, just finished doing this. Got the RSS News Feeds, IMDB, and WRS working through a separate menu that can be accessed throught the main menu by clicking "My Menu".

Unfortunately, my only gripe is that the theme does not carry through to these imported screens. But other than that they work fine.

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix
Old 04-19-2005, 03:56 PM
Sage Expert

Hi!

Well, I've tested it enough now to feel there's a pretty major bug with this STV (SageMC169 version 4 as of the writing of this post). Actually, someone else mentioned something simlar in a previous post in this thread.

If random play is set for mp3 playback, at the end of the first mp3 being played, CPU usage vaults to 100% and stays there, and the next mp3 does not play. In fact, the problem persists until reverting back to a known good wiz.bin/properties files or a clean install. I have tested this with a setup that worked flawlessly for months, as well as a clean install of both Sage version 2.2.7 and 2.2.8, same results.

Unfortunately, this STV is my favourite, but this kills it for me.

Thanks,

KJ
Old 04-19-2005, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawn
Hi!

Well, I've tested it enough now to feel there's a pretty major bug with this STV (SageMC169 version 4 as of the writing of this post). Actually, someone else mentioned something simlar in a previous post in this thread.

If random play is set for mp3 playback, at the end of the first mp3 being played, CPU usage vaults to 100% and stays there, and the next mp3 does not play. In fact, the problem persists until reverting back to a known good wiz.bin/properties files or a clean install. I have tested this with a setup that worked flawlessly for months, as well as a clean install of both Sage version 2.2.7 and 2.2.8, same results.

Unfortunately, this STV is my favourite, but this kills it for me.

Thanks,

KJ
I can't reproduce this but will keep an eye out for it.
Old 04-19-2005, 10:09 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
I can't reproduce this but will keep an eye out for it.
Hmmmm...like I said, fresh install and the same thing. I've got about 2000 MP3's in a single directory, all access through a network share. I wonder if that matches your setup in any way whatsoever. MP3 playback is without trouble under the original v2.0 STV.
Old 04-20-2005, 04:00 PM

I do access my music from a network share, however, I do not have that many. One good test would be to see if you get different results using the "Play From Here" menu option. That one does not use a queue or playlist for playback.
Old 04-23-2005, 11:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

Can someone please explain how to unarchive a show. Can't seem to find away to do this.

Thanks..
Old 04-23-2005, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsabre
Can someone please explain how to unarchive a show. Can't seem to find away to do this.

Thanks..
You wish! SageTV does not support this.
Old 04-23-2005, 11:30 AM
Sage User

sage guide

Why does my guide screen show fewer lines (5) than the one posted by mlbdude (7)?
See attachments:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg my_guide.JPG (54.0 KB, 440 views)
File Type: jpg mlbdude_guide.JPG (86.8 KB, 435 views)

Last edited by skyw33; 04-23-2005 at 11:32 AM.
Old 04-23-2005, 11:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Unarchiving...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
You wish! SageTV does not support this.
but there is a workaroud: see my post on how to associate a file to an airing...
http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=10646

basically, if you rename the first part of the filename (the bit before the numeric suffix: "-123456789-0.mpg"), while the server/service is shut down, when Sage restarts, it will see a 'new' file and link it to the old airing using the numeric ID in the filename...

Lots of caveats -- check the above post for full details.