SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 05-11-2005, 08:22 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldeffect
Ah, right. I'm talking about the show information then. I assume that flashbacck is also talking about the show information since he refers to Up/Down arrows causing it to appear, or do I just have a weird button mapping?
Do you have the old 34-button Hauppauge remote? If so, its up/down buttons double as channel up/down, & using those commands would bring up the OSD.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-11-2005, 05:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
Do you have the old 34-button Hauppauge remote? If so, its up/down buttons double as channel up/down, & using those commands would bring up the OSD.

- Andy
I'm using a Windows MCE remote (because it's my favourite from my very nerdy collection of remote controls) received by a USB UIRT (because I haven't found a driver for the MCE receiver that works with XP Professional) into Girder (because i'm a control freak) which controls Sage through Windows messages. I just like to be complicated really

I do have the channel up and channel down functions mapped (actually I think I map to dual function ChannelUp/PageUp and ChannelDown/Pagedown commands if I remember correctly, i'll check when I get to the machine.

I guess it's possible that i've just never bothered using those buttons during Live TV... in which case i'm in for a nice experience shortly when I see the SageMC miniguide for the first time

If the actual miniguide doesn't have the problems that the program information bar has then i'm a happy bunny.

Nick.
HW: Silverstone LC03 case, NFS7-V2 motherboard, Athlon XP2600+, 1GB RAM, 200GB HDD, WinTV PVR-350 (Encoding Only), XCard (Decoding) XFX GeForce FX5200, USB-UIRT, MS MCE Remote, RGB-Svid converter for input
SW: Sage 2.2, Girder, MBM, XML-RT, a bunch of custom scripts and programs.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:38 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldeffect
I'm using a Windows MCE remote (because it's my favourite from my very nerdy collection of remote controls) received by a USB UIRT (because I haven't found a driver for the MCE receiver that works with XP Professional) into Girder (because i'm a control freak) which controls Sage through Windows messages. I just like to be complicated really

Nick.
I have just set up a client machine using an MCE2005 remote and receiver (with girder).
I am using The MCE Remote Plugin which when installed allows the blaster to be seen by girder.

I am pretty new to Girder so I'm not sure if I am using it in the best/most efficient way possible. I just have it controling Sage client by mapping the MCE remote to the Sage key commands. Feel free to take a look at my girder (.GML) file!

The only problem I have so far (quite a big one actually) is that when I watch 'live TV' the remote almost stops functioning. You have to repeatedly press the button untill something starts happeneing. If I am watching a ripped in DVD, the remote functions perfectly.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagegirder.GML.txt (16.1 KB, 274 views)
Old 05-13-2005, 06:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Using only the mouse?

I just installed this .stv file, and it's very slick--easy to read and easy to use

Only one question--can you use ONLY the mouse to control it? I noticed that if I right clicked (while watching a show) and went to the program info (where the video is in the bottom left of the screen), the only way I could get back to the video full size is to start watching the video again.

ALso, if I was in a menu, maybe I'm just dense, but I don't see how I can go 'back' (again using only the mouse)

Maybe the answer is I should get a remote and join the 20th century?

rwc
Old 05-13-2005, 06:37 PM

The STV is designed to be used with a remote - or at least to have something bound to the BACK command. To get back to full screen TV in that situation, issue the BACK command or click on the border around the TV Preview window in the lower left corner (kind of hard to hit with the mouse).
Old 05-15-2005, 06:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

This was asked a few pages ago, but no-one responded. Is it possible to have a switch that filters out watched shows on the "recorded TV" screen. For me this would be more useful than the ability to show only movies?

Cheers
Eric
Old 05-16-2005, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by something fishy
This was asked a few pages ago, but no-one responded. Is it possible to have a switch that filters out watched shows on the "recorded TV" screen. For me this would be more useful than the ability to show only movies?

Cheers
Eric
That is also in the latest build I am working on. I will release it as some point.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:41 AM
Sage User

Any chance on an enhanced parantal code function in the new release to allow for locking specific folders in the imported videos?
Old 05-16-2005, 11:55 AM
Sage Icon

Since we are talking new builds, any thoughts on implementing something with DVDprofiler to allow us to view offline DVD's? I think you mentioned it a while back as being possible?
Thanks
JUC
Old 05-16-2005, 01:57 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
Since we are talking new builds, any thoughts on implementing something with DVDprofiler to allow us to view offline DVD's? I think you mentioned it a while back as being possible?
Thanks
JUC
For those of you into experimenting, (and no, I don't mean experimenting like you did with your roommate in college...) XLobbyMC handles this well. It scans your specified movie folders and your exported DVDProfiler XML file. Then it marries up the two and creates one combined database. If it's in Profiler and on your HD then it's online with photo/data showing. If it's just in profiler then it's offline with a dialog that pops up asking you to insert disc if you try to play it. If it's on the HD and not in Profiler it gets added without a photo/data but you can add that stuff yourself manually or using a built in spider for information/pics.

Sorry for butting in mlbdude. I can keep quiet if you want me to.
Old 05-16-2005, 02:32 PM
Sage Icon

Naylia, this is exactly what i am looking for and I have checked out XLobbyMC but....is it absolutely necessary to run girder with it? I have successfully stayed away from girder and would hate to have to throw it in the mix now.
Thanks
Juc
Old 05-16-2005, 07:48 PM
Sage Fanatic

I actually released an updated version that oblivated the need for girder use.

If you need a hand with detailed setup feel free to drop me a pm. Steven has updated the downloads page with the latest versions and everything else you need should be in the download for the skin. I still have to do a writeup so since that's lacking just get in touch if you need some help.
Old 05-16-2005, 09:16 PM
Sage Fanatic

Hello again,

This is embarrassing, but I will ask anyway. How do I initiate comskip? I assumed (yes, I know what happens when you assume...) that I could simply set "Background Commercial Processing" to enabled and off it would go. No go, nothing is happening. Do I need to actually download the comskip module and import it in detailed setup/advanced? Any help is humbly accepted.

Thanks,

Jesse
Old 05-17-2005, 06:49 PM
Sage Fanatic

Bump.

Anyone willing to help a guy out??

Thanks again,

Jesse
Old 05-17-2005, 07:14 PM
Sage Icon

I don't use this STV myself, but there might be additional settings you need to check. Some other STVs have options to only run comskip when the Sage is asleep, and not recording anything, and there are options to do the opposite. Sift around in the detailed setup and look for anything like that.

Additionally, there are a couple of other options for triggering comskip. Check post #13 in this thread for the additional threads:

https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=13
Old 05-17-2005, 07:31 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse
Hello again,

This is embarrassing, but I will ask anyway. How do I initiate comskip? I assumed (yes, I know what happens when you assume...) that I could simply set "Background Commercial Processing" to enabled and off it would go. No go, nothing is happening. Do I need to actually download the comskip module and import it in detailed setup/advanced? Any help is humbly accepted.

Thanks,

Jesse
Do you have a copy of comskip in the SageTV directory? (i.e. a file named comskip.exe)

Jere
Old 05-18-2005, 05:54 PM
Sage Fanatic

Hello Jere,

Quote:
Do you have a copy of comskip in the SageTV directory? (i.e. a file named comskip.exe)
No. I assumed that it was packaged with the STV. I guess I need to download and install comskip seperately?

Thanks,
Jesse
Old 05-18-2005, 06:02 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse
I guess I need to download and install comskip seperately?
It would help.

Look at post #830 of this thread. The latest version is attached there. If you have any questions, there is a wealth of infomation in that thread about setting it up and configuring it. If not covered there, feel free to ask.

Jere
Old 05-20-2005, 11:58 AM
Sage User

Hi Guys

I'm using this STV and everything works great. However, I don't get the TV picture coming up in a little box on the lower left of the screen when I'm in a menu as in the screen shots at the start of this post. How do I get that to work?? Would be nice to continue to watch TV when I am browsing the TV guide etc.

Thanks!
Old 05-20-2005, 12:12 PM
Sage Expert

You have to be actively watching something at the time that you navigate to the main and/or guide screen. Other than that, I can't think of a reason it would not be working for you...