SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 05-22-2005, 09:53 AM
SageTVaholic

It works fine with both the keyboard and a mouse.

The remote works flawlessly with every other menu except for those on the All Upcoming page. I've tried resetting the IR codes for the remote and it didn't help.

I went to the All Upcoming page using the keyboard. I then switched back to On Now using the remote and it seemed to only receive one command (like it's supposed to), I then tried to go back to All Upcoming using the remote and it wouldn't work. It acted as if it received the command twice. I tried this at least a half dozen times and each time I got the same results.

I'm using the MCE remote, if that helps any.
Old 05-22-2005, 11:44 AM
Sage User

Blade - you may want to try changing the RepeatDelay. Here is a section I grabbed from Opus' help files.

Quote:
2a. [Remote]

This section contains some global configuration settings:

RepeatDelay=N, where N = 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. Default: 3

RepeatDelay controls the number of IR polls between the same code before it
will auto repeat. Note that polls with no valid code also count down, which
is why remotes that do not alternate the toggle bit can enter repeat mode
even though the button is not being held down, if you press the buttons very
quickly.

The polling rate can be set in the Windows registry at:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Hauppauge\IR
DWORD:PollRate -- Controls the polling rate in Milliseconds; but it must
be at least 10ms and no more than 1000. The default is
85. You would not normally need to change this setting.
Play around with this - see if it helps any. Also, you may want to check out Opus's profile, as his signature contains links for remote help.

Hope this helps...
Old 05-22-2005, 01:18 PM
SageTVaholic

I adjusted the delay in the Sage properties file and it seems to be working now. I still find it odd that the problem only showed up on that one menu.

Thanks for the help.
Old 05-25-2005, 01:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

newbie issue -- left key on remote

Great STV. I just purchased Sage a few weeks ago and finally had time to load on to my server. This STV was my first choice and the wife/kids love it also.

Here's my problem that is probably painfully obvious to most out there:

I have my remote programed (through USB-UIRT and girder) to send a left command with my left keypad button. Works great backing up the tree of menus. However when I go through my guide and "right" click to later times... when I try and go back left (earlier) in time my menu changes back to the prior menu . Very frustrating. Wife isn't too torqued yet but if I don't figure it out very quick she might get that way.

Any help out there? Am I just using the wrong GML command?

Thanks!
Old 05-25-2005, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camTexas
Great STV. I just purchased Sage a few weeks ago and finally had time to load on to my server. This STV was my first choice and the wife/kids love it also.

Here's my problem that is probably painfully obvious to most out there:

I have my remote programed (through USB-UIRT and girder) to send a left command with my left keypad button. Works great backing up the tree of menus. However when I go through my guide and "right" click to later times... when I try and go back left (earlier) in time my menu changes back to the prior menu . Very frustrating. Wife isn't too torqued yet but if I don't figure it out very quick she might get that way.

Any help out there? Am I just using the wrong GML command?

Thanks!
Sounds like you have the Back commnad bound to your left keypad button.
Old 05-25-2005, 02:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'll check it out. I don't remember tying any of the commands to "Back" but I know I definately tied "Left" to the left key. It is probably something that simple. I'm new to girder and had some initial issues setting it up I may have missed it. I'll check it out when I get home tonight. If so it's definately a D'oh moment.

Thanks for the quick response. Again great work on the STV!
Old 05-27-2005, 03:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Search under the TV Guide?

OK, so I feel like a dolt. Earlier problem was I had linked both BACK and LEFT to the LEFT command. I thought it must be something pretty basic.

I've been stable now for several days. One thing I tried for the first time last night was performing a search under the TV menu. When I clicked search it took me to live TV. I went back to the Original2.stv and it worked OK. Is this an known issue or is there somewher in this STV I need to change a setting?

Thanks!
Old 05-29-2005, 08:18 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi! I have a couple of question about favorites. It seems since I switched to this STV, that the Keep At Most setting is not being followed. I have a show set to 5 and I currently have 10 recorded and another set to 3 that has 6 recorded.

Also, the setting for channel doesn't allow me to select any channel. I have The Office set up and I want to limit it to channel 6 (NBC) only so that it doesn't record the british version (Because I own the DVDs, not because I think the US one is funnier). The setting only allows me to choose 36 (CNBC) or Any.

Thanks! I'm really look forward to your update!
Old 05-29-2005, 10:20 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcato
Hi! I have a couple of question about favorites. It seems since I switched to this STV, that the Keep At Most setting is not being followed. I have a show set to 5 and I currently have 10 recorded and another set to 3 that has 6 recorded.

Also, the setting for channel doesn't allow me to select any channel. I have The Office set up and I want to limit it to channel 6 (NBC) only so that it doesn't record the british version (Because I own the DVDs, not because I think the US one is funnier). The setting only allows me to choose 36 (CNBC) or Any.

Thanks! I'm really look forward to your update!
I noticed this same issue today when I was trying to revise my ER favorite. It would only allow me to select TNT or all. I deleted the favorite. When I tried New favorite by title, it only gave me the TNT option. So I searched the guide for the one on NBC and set it to record the series and then I could select only NBC. I thought I tried this with the other favorite still scheduled and did not have the option for NBC only.

Another small thing I;ve noticed is that when the end of file popup comes up, the background seems to be 4x3 as there are pillar bars.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:24 AM
Sage Icon

Request: It would be great to view offline movies through DVDprofiler. We can already see the ones we have on the HD but a catalog option prompting you to 'insert DVD # X' would be awesome. Did I mention this would be awesome! I know it was in the works a while ago.
Thanks
JUC
Old 06-06-2005, 11:39 AM
Sage Icon

bump
Old 06-07-2005, 06:16 PM
Sage User

Hey kayoti, how is that theme coming along? The black one looks super sweet.
Old 06-08-2005, 04:50 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by iain
Hey kayoti, how is that theme coming along? The black one looks super sweet.
To be honest, I haven't worked on it since I first posted the images. I just finished school on Friday, but I start classes again on Monday . Hopefully I'll have time to squeeze in time to work on it
Old 06-08-2005, 08:33 PM
Sage Icon

I am using this STV with files commercial skip files generated by Show Analyzer. The commercials are marked very well, but on some files the playback does not skip. Other files seem to work OK. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Old 06-14-2005, 01:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Newby question for you guys

I have just purchased a Hauppauge MPV for using with sagetv. I am planning to use it for my 16:9 tv in the living room. I have read from numerous posts that i should run a client that is used by the MVP.
Now i read about this 16:9 STV which looks awesome by the way....great stuff!!!
I would like to try this, because of the 16:9 tv, but is this going to work? With the client i mean. It may be a stupid question, but do i need to install this stv on sagetv, or on the client.....or both

Any help appreciated.

Lol...i am embarking on great changes......MVP....STV....aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrgh. I just discovered the 'available customization page". The work you guys put in is awesome. But it also is a bit intimidating to start with when you're new to sagetv. But is IS great stuff guys....awesome!!

Henk99
XP Pro SP2, SageTV v5.02.90, Athlon XP 3000+ (FSB 333 MHz), 2GB DDR RAM PC3200, 36 GB Western Digital Raptor, 200 GB Western Digital harddrive, Asus Radeon 9600 XTR, Plextor PX-708 8x DVD-/+RW, Pioneer 120S 48x CD-RW, PVR 150 MCE (2). Hauppauge MVP.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:59 AM
Sage User

Suspend Problem with STV

Ok, Had sage for 2 months now, very stable powers up for recording the goes in s3 suspend. Decided to use this STV.

Now the problem.

After using this STV the PC no longer powers down into suspend mode. Windows "service" process keeps the cpu% spiking above 10% every few seconds. This is enough to stop the PC for going into suspend mode.

If I go back to the original STV everything works again.

Anyone no if there is anything in the STV that could be causing this?

Thanks

JamJam

Last edited by jamjam; 06-16-2005 at 02:18 AM.
Old 06-16-2005, 02:15 AM
Sage User

Any way to change the power button on the main menu to close sage completely instead of just put it to sleep.
I use the service anyways and have some focus issues when sage is sleeping which disappear when I just close it down completely.

Thanks,

John
Old 06-16-2005, 01:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
That is also in the latest build I am working on. I will release it as some point.

Any updates on the release? (v5?) Or are you waiting on Sage V3 to roll out?

Just curious...

Regards
edbmdave
Old 07-04-2005, 04:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

My Weather No Images

Anybody having issues with the My Weather images appearing.

One or two images (for the most part just the Sunny image) appear but everything else doesn't show up.

BTW, I have already checked to see if all of the images are in the correct directory (...\STVs\OriginalV2\SageMCE\weather).

Could it be that the image names have changed on the web and therefore can't find the corresponding image name. This is just a guess as I don't know how the SageMC Module determines which images should be displayed.

Any help would be appreciated...Thanks in advance
Old 07-04-2005, 06:25 PM
Sage User

I'm thinking mlbdude must have left the Sage scene.

No updates and no replies for awhile now.

Oh well....maybe when studio comes out we can fix these things ourselves.

John