SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 07-04-2005, 07:15 PM

mlbdude gone to MCE

I just did a search for mlbdude on google, and found some postings from him at http://www.thegreenbutton.com/ recent 6/19, it seems he has gone over to redmond's team
Old 07-04-2005, 08:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Yes, he's mentioned in previous posts that he's using MCE now.
Old 07-04-2005, 08:53 PM
Administrator

Hmmmm... it looks like an imposter must have been using mlbdude's forum account today, July 2nd, June 30, 29, 27, and so on... (I think that linked post pretty much covers his already-stated stance on this STV.)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:16 AM
Sage Icon

I don't use this stv any longer, but when I did, I had to muck around with the weather images a bit. Basically you need to have the image match the weather discription that is listed in the weather text file... pretty straight forward. Just select the description and paste it as the name of the appropriate image, the slashes will make it into the name and that's ok. It's probably best to make copies of the images rather than renaming the originals.

Last edited by Wheemer; 07-05-2005 at 12:19 AM.
Old 07-05-2005, 05:18 AM
Sage Icon

Believe me, if I could use COMSKIP (specifically in skipping commercials on playback, not for archiving - which you CAN do) in MCE I would be gone too. I can live with only 2 tuner and no IR support.

The exteders are the super attractive item for me... I already have 2 XBOX, will buy at least 2 XBOX 360's...

Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprsidr
I just did a search for mlbdude on google, and found some postings from him at http://www.thegreenbutton.com/ recent 6/19, it seems he has gone over to redmond's team
Old 07-05-2005, 06:48 AM
Sage Icon

Here in Texas we have about 12 different descriptions for thunderstorms. I've had to make copies of the thunderstorm icon for each description. I don't know any other way to get this to work, but it's pretty simple to do.
Old 07-05-2005, 07:24 AM

I use both MCE and SageTV and enjoy both. As Opus4 indicated from that other posting I just don't have much more I want to do to the STV. When 3.0 comes out it may open up a few things that I have wanted to do though so development may continue.
Old 07-05-2005, 09:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
I use both MCE and SageTV and enjoy both. As Opus4 indicated from that other posting I just don't have much more I want to do to the STV. When 3.0 comes out it may open up a few things that I have wanted to do though so development may continue.
Are you planning to do a release of this STV before Sage v3 to tie up bug fixes? You said that the problem that I was having was fixed in your current build, and that you were tying bits up before you released it (Post #258)

Nick.
HW: Silverstone LC03 case, NFS7-V2 motherboard, Athlon XP2600+, 1GB RAM, 200GB HDD, WinTV PVR-350 (Encoding Only), XCard (Decoding) XFX GeForce FX5200, USB-UIRT, MS MCE Remote, RGB-Svid converter for input
SW: Sage 2.2, Girder, MBM, XML-RT, a bunch of custom scripts and programs.
Old 07-05-2005, 10:23 AM

That is in there. I will do a release in a day to a week . Not much has changed but a few bugs were squashed. If anyone has found more or would like to remind me of others now is the time to do it.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

Two items:
BUG: When you select a catagory in the search to schedule programs, it many times, just seams to ignore the catagory and show all.
Request: Item to just select and show Unwatched programs under recorded TV filter..
Old 07-05-2005, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbmdave
Two items:
BUG: When you select a catagory in the search to schedule programs, it many times, just seams to ignore the catagory and show all.
Request: Item to just select and show Unwatched programs under recorded TV filter..
I will look at that bug. That request is already in there.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:02 PM

edbmdave, Can you get me a step by step on how to reproduce that? Or at least a step by step that you remember causing it?
Old 07-05-2005, 03:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Will be a little later today, but yes I will.
Old 07-05-2005, 04:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

Path: My TV, Movies, Genres, (Pick a Genre, I can pick several Action seems to always do it.), Then try to click on the "On Now" to show "All Upcoming". My best guess is that if it is a genre with a lot of items, this occurrs, but if it only has a few it doesn't. Anyway what happens is after a few moments, a very very quick display of the "All Upcoming" will show and immediately go back to "On Now".

Regards
Dave.
Old 07-05-2005, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbmdave
Path: My TV, Movies, Genres, (Pick a Genre, I can pick several Action seems to always do it.), Then try to click on the "On Now" to show "All Upcoming". My best guess is that if it is a genre with a lot of items, this occurrs, but if it only has a few it doesn't. Anyway what happens is after a few moments, a very very quick display of the "All Upcoming" will show and immediately go back to "On Now".

Regards
Dave.
Hmmm. I can't duplicate this. For me when I switch to All Upcoming it stays that way. I will keep an eye out for it.
Old 07-05-2005, 05:37 PM
Sage User

Hi mlbdude

has anyone mentioned that the stop screen when you select restart it will only resume(for me anyway)
great stv BTW

Dave
Old 07-05-2005, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pftg4
Hi mlbdude

has anyone mentioned that the stop screen when you select restart it will only resume(for me anyway)
great stv BTW

Dave
No, but I just tried it with a TV file and it did restart. Any other variables in this mix to reproduce this?
Old 07-05-2005, 06:13 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
No, but I just tried it with a TV file and it did restart. Any other variables in this mix to reproduce this?

it is on the mvp if that makes a difference

Edit: itīs only for the mvp other sage is fine (for me any way sorry about that)

Last edited by pftg4; 07-05-2005 at 06:25 PM.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pftg4
it is on the mvp if that makes a difference
It probably does, but I cannot test that as I don't have one. Sorry. Probably something to do with the way the MVP software closes and opens files.
Old 07-05-2005, 07:09 PM
Sage User

ANy way to make that power button on the UI close sage all the way instead of sleeep?