SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 07-30-2005, 07:25 PM
Sage Icon

Just use dirmon to kick off show analyser.
Old 07-30-2005, 09:36 PM
Sage Icon

Is anybody else having problems with this STV now with 3.0.5? It's completely unusable, UNLESS I switch to overlay mode, non-3d. If I install it, I can't use 3d/VMR9/FSE with ANY STV. Anybody have any ideas?
Old 07-30-2005, 09:55 PM
Sage Icon

works perfect here...
Old 07-30-2005, 11:28 PM
Sage Icon

Ends up it was the old quartz.dll from DX9b in place of the DX9c, switched it back, and FSE works fine, with the STV.

I was having all grades of problems before I switched it back. Video would work, audio wouldn't (with alternate STV's). Everything worked ok in the default STV though, which I found very odd.
Old 07-31-2005, 08:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
mlbdude.

Do you have plans to include an easy way to include ShowAnalyser in your future builds? I know it's kind of in beta right now, but I see this as being the replacement for comskip in the near future. I'm planning on using it, maybe once it gets out of beta...

No need to trouble Mlbdude with this request. Jere has a comskip proxy file that will allow you to use show analyzer with this STV (and any other for that matter).

Very easy to use just replace the comskip.exe with comskip proxy file (also called comskip.exe). Setup show analyzer correctly and you are good to go.

FYI: You will have to add a registry entry for it to work. See the Show Analyzer thread for details.

Hope that helps you out...
Old 07-31-2005, 11:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

Wish that it could show ratings,and that the fast forward/reverse module could work with it.
Old 07-31-2005, 01:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi,

Apologies if this has alrady been posted.

But I was using the IMDB update to add some data about some of my films, and noticed that the animations continue working in this view even with the properties file entry switched to false.

I also noticed that If I save the IMDB data, my film drops out of the structure I have set up.

E.G I have several drives, all with directories called

c:\Films\Films\'Movie Name'
c:\Kids\Kids\'Movie Name'

I normally point the media folders to the following:

C:\Films\
C:\Kids\

This gives me 2 folders in My Videos, Kids and Films

Whenever I add IMDB data I get extra folders representing the film I just added the IMDB data too.

e.g. My Videos = Kids, Films, Alien Vs Predator.

Is this a bug or am I a dufus ?

Cheers

Mark
Old 07-31-2005, 01:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkimar
I also noticed that If I save the IMDB data, my film drops out of the structure I have set up.
That's a side effect of importing data. I saw that too when I was working on the DB importing (man that sounds like I did something special, when I just implimented a call that was already there, oh well ).

Not really a bug per se, I think side-effect is the better definition. Basically when Sage imports a file it gets the import-dir relative path as the filename. So STVs then group based on that path. When you import it (or at least how I did) that path-in-the-name is removed and hence the sorting is gone.

Now it's not all gloom and doom, more of a somewhat painfull transition. If you've played with Malore's SageRecordings menues, you know you can do all kinds of sorting. By importing the data into the Sage DB, all that is possible for imported files as well. It will just be some time before that functionality makes it to the library.

I know my desire (and I think mlbdude's too) is something on the order of DVDLobbyPro or Kaleidescape for the video library.
Old 07-31-2005, 02:00 PM

Animation is a bug. I need to put the limitors on the last few screens I added.

The IMDB thing is kind of a side effect of what is going on. The Sage Video Library uses the Title property of the video file for grouping. So for an example the actuall title imported for a video file would be Films\Films\'Movie Name'. The IMDB part is overwriting that with Movie Name. I guess I will have to change it to just ignore the title and not import it. This forces us to have to title our own stuff but I guess that is not so bad.

When an update comes out I would recommend removing your video folders and rescanning. Then add them back in. All the meta data will be wiped out again but your folder structure will come back.
Old 07-31-2005, 02:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
I guess I will have to change it to just ignore the title and not import it. This forces us to have to title our own stuff but I guess that is not so bad.
I'm not sure I like that idea, mainly because, all that funcitonality should be possible by sorting/grouping off data in the DB. One possible compromise would be to give the user the choice of using path info or import info for grouping. You'll have a PM in a minute
Old 07-31-2005, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89
I'm not sure I like that idea, mainly because, all that funcitonality should be possible by sorting/grouping off data in the DB. One possible compromise would be to give the user the choice of using path info or import info for grouping. You'll have a PM in a minute
Perhaps, but I like how you can create nice folder structures with the paths. The only drawback is that the folder or file name needs to have the correct title. Once I work out all the differences between the IMDB and DVDProfiler information a more functional menu can be created but until then I think I will let Sage handle the title.
Old 07-31-2005, 02:11 PM
SageTVaholic

You've got a PM
Old 07-31-2005, 02:19 PM

Anyone else notice the animations slowing down when playing back a DVD and jumping around the menu's? For TV files it seems fine but DVD's drag it down on my system. Seems with the deinterlacing going on it should be the other way around.
Old 07-31-2005, 02:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Thumbs up

The animations look/work great. Keep up the awesome work man.
Old 07-31-2005, 03:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks Stanger and MLBdude,

I understand about the IMDB now.
I think Stabgers suggestion of the option would be the best way forward, but Im easy.

Cheers
Mark

Edit:

BTW Thanks for adding these animations, really appreciated. I was wondering if it would be possible to seperate out properties for the Icon animation on the main screen, and Text animation on the sub screens.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:52 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshapir
Hi mlbdude,
Thanks for updating your STV for v.3 of SageTV - I've been using you SageMC almost from day one it came out, and WAF is so high I don't want to change it.
If I may, I have a little request -
In the recordedTV screen, sorted by title, when I select a show I get a new screen with a list of all the chapters in that show, but instead of getting list of chapers' NAMES I get the same show's name repeatting all over the list.

Can this be fixed?

Thanks!
Oren.
Just noticed the fix in the last beta! GREAT!
And thanks again...
Oren.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:07 AM
Sage Expert

Superb - It's good to get this STV going again!

Animation:
Without sounding unappreciative (particularly as I have been calling for animation), the animations arn't quite up to the standard of the MCE2005 interface. In SageMC the animations are very static and 'robotic', whereas in MCE2005 they have a very 'fluid' and 'bouncy' feel.

Without knowing what studio is capable of, I don't know if this is the limit of animation possible in Sage. Are fade effects possible? can you 'ease' the animation (ie movement starts fast and ends slow)? I think these things would help the interface.

For me, SageMC is Sooooooooo much better than the original Sage UI even without animation. I am just wondering how far the UI can progress in terms of 'feel'
Old 08-01-2005, 10:13 AM
Sage Icon

Thank you guys for the input. I didn't realize the proxy thing was that easy of a thing to do...

If I do that (plus the regisitry update), then do I still need to use dirmon?
Old 08-01-2005, 10:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Thank you guys for the input. I didn't realize the proxy thing was that easy of a thing to do...

If I do that (plus the regisitry update), then do I still need to use dirmon?
No need for DirMon.

BTW, I have been using Comskip for sometime and it works about 90% of the time. I have been using Show Analyzer for a few days now and it works .
It still amazes me how well this works.

Jere deserves a medal for his work.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

Imported Videos all show 0 Length

All my imported videos (I am not using meta data) are showing a run time of 0 minutes. I have tried deleting and re-importing using a different directory path and same results.