SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 08-02-2005, 02:20 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbmdave
All my imported videos (I am not using meta data) are showing a run time of 0 minutes. I have tried deleting and re-importing using a different directory path and same results.

I'm getting this too.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmgranger
I'm getting this too.
I have also such strange behaviour: When I have made a recording of a show of 30 minutes and I add some extra recording time (say 5 minutes) than the recorded running time shows 30 minutes.
If I play the show the "time progress bar" also shows 30 minutes, while it plays 35 minutes! (After 30 minutes the time value stays on "30").

I must say I have not seen this problem with the latest Beta's, because I haven't installed those (yet!). I'm waiting until SageTV 3 get stable enough to install it, but I wanted to share my experience, since it looks a bit like the problems mentioned in the previous postings.
Old 08-02-2005, 04:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972
I have also such strange behaviour: When I have made a recording of a show of 30 minutes and I add some extra recording time (say 5 minutes) than the recorded running time shows 30 minutes.
If I play the show the "time progress bar" also shows 30 minutes, while it plays 35 minutes! (After 30 minutes the time value stays on "30").

I must say I have not seen this problem with the latest Beta's, because I haven't installed those (yet!). I'm waiting until SageTV 3 get stable enough to install it, but I wanted to share my experience, since it looks a bit like the problems mentioned in the previous postings.
It's always done that, I don't think it's a bug. It's showing the time the show was supposed to take up. For example, if you have a show that you pad to start 5 minutes early, playback will start at 0:00 (when the show was actually supposed to start) instead of 5 minutes before it begins. If you rewind past the 0:00 it will show -0:47 or however far you rewind.

I like the way it displays because I have some shows that sometimes start very late due to sporting events. So I have a 45 minute pad on the back end of them. While I'm watching the show (if it actually started on time) I have an accurate measure of how much time is left in the show. If it displayed the entire time it would show 1:45 minutes instead of the actual 1:00 for the play length.

Edit: Sorry I didn't see where you said beyond 0:30 it still shows as 0:30. I haven't noticed mine doing this, so there might be something going on there.

Last edited by blade; 08-02-2005 at 04:54 AM.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:46 AM
SageTVaholic

WRT the 0min import thing, that's from the Sage core. Probably a bug, I'd report that one, I know WMV files show up as 0 min for me.

WRT padding not showing up in runtime for recordings, that's normal, and expected. Sage shows the runtime for the airing not the recording (if that makes sense).
Old 08-03-2005, 02:52 AM
Sage Expert

There seems to be a slight bug when getting DVD info from the IMDB menu. When I have got the info I want and click 'Save', this takes me back to the select movie screen. It seems logical to me that once 'Save' is clicked, it should take you back to the movies main menu.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:00 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89
WRT the 0min import thing, that's from the Sage core. Probably a bug, I'd report that one, I know WMV files show up as 0 min for me.

WRT padding not showing up in runtime for recordings, that's normal, and expected. Sage shows the runtime for the airing not the recording (if that makes sense).
The 0 min import is a but in the STV, not in Sage Core. If you switch back to the default STV, it should show the correct times (at least it does for all my imports). This STV only shows 0 minutes on everything.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude

Added quick jump alphabet to My Music (just keep going right).
Added Artist\Album view to My Music.

WOOT!!! Just got back from my mini-honeymoon and find this!...and tons of other updates all 'round the board. Does the Artist/Album view mean we can select and artist--then see their albums too? Won't have time to install till later tonight. This would be fantastic and make this music player that much more useable (thanks for bringing the alphabet back too!).
JUC
Old 08-04-2005, 12:59 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
You can import meta information for My Video files with DVD Profiler if it is configured as per the prior release.

one more question. How does this differ from what v2 was doing with DVDprofiler? I basically have been getting the DVD information by using DVDprofiler and exporting the collection.xml generated. Then the metadata has been showing up when I import the videos into Sage (along with the cover art). The above quote makes it seem like this has changed. Has it?
Thanks
JUC
Old 08-04-2005, 02:04 PM
Sage User

dvdprofiler

Hi mlbdude,

Just installed the beta sagetv v3 just to try your new stv
Almost everything seems to be working great again and without any trouble so far.

Two questions though,

How does the movie xml info gets read ?
I had <moviename>.xml files for individual movies which worked fine in v2 (with sagemc v4).
When looking at a movie detail (showing the cover) there used to be the movie info, not any more. And when clicking on dvdprofiler I get a screen which says the collection.xml could not be found.

did you get a chance to put in the 'default' recording padding as to not use the nielm's padding (which doesn't work in combination with the padding settings in your stv).

Thanks, cheers
Sweep
Old 08-04-2005, 02:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Ah, some confusion over the new metadata support. I think I know what mlbdude did so here goes.

External XMLs are still supported and still loaded just like they always were. Well I should rephrase that, they are still located the same way.

Quote:
How does this differ from what v2 was doing with DVDprofiler?
What's different, is you can now import the metadata directly into the Sage DB, before it was read and displayed directly from the XML file.

Quote:
When looking at a movie detail (showing the cover) there used to be the movie info, not any more.
The reason for this is tied to the above, this STV no longer reads the info directly from the XML for display, it looks for it in the internal DB. So if you have not imported the data, you won't see it.

Quote:
And when clicking on dvdprofiler I get a screen which says the collection.xml could not be found.
You're just cursed aren't you Do you have the stuff still set up from the older version. If you do, it should be found. Actaully I think it's looking for a monolithic XML only, not the individual ones.

FWIW, for importing the data, if you've got more than a few, you should look at Crashless' Meekell STV. It's got a nice menu that will list all your imported files, and will let you import all at once (I'd read through the instruction on that menu first though )
Old 08-04-2005, 03:06 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89
You're just cursed aren't you Do you have the stuff still set up from the older version. If you do, it should be found. Actaully I think it's looking for a monolithic XML only, not the individual ones.
hehe, it's in the details

I actually just installed everything over the v2 setup and did not change a bit other than that.
Placing a collection.xml in the right place does indeed prevent the 'collection.xml not found' from happening. But then there is the problem of finding the correct video in this xml.
As my movie filenames are rather abscure i was very happy with the seperate .xml files which could have the same obscure name. Now I have to place this obscure name in the title of the film

mlbdude, it would be really nice if you could have the stv also look for the <moviename>.xml again.

cheers

btw i double checked with the consolewindow, there are no java errors
btw2 i'll also have a look on this new importing feature

Last edited by Sweep; 08-04-2005 at 03:15 PM.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:46 PM
Sage Icon

Yeah, what is all this "importing" talk about? Someone care to sum it all up in a few choice words?
Old 08-04-2005, 08:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Hate to quote myself:
Quote:
What's different, is you can now import the metadata directly into the Sage DB, before it was read and displayed directly from the XML file.
Basically it means imported (Library) files, can be sorted, grouped, filtered, searched, just like Sage recordings or anything in the EPG.
Old 08-05-2005, 07:19 AM
Sage Icon

okay, well I have only 1 collection.xml file and prior to the new sagemc v3 I was able to see the meta data correctly. Apparently it was being read directly from that file rather than from the sage database. After I installed the new sagemc, i too am getting the collection.xml can not be found'. Where exactly does that file need to be? I haven't touched anything. And will I have to now go through and 'save/import' all the metadata in sage somehow or will it do it for me? 150 DVDs will take forever.

oh, and the artist/album view is just great--don't know why the original v3 stv doesn't have that.
JUC
Old 08-05-2005, 07:28 AM

Hey all, been gone for a week. Some updates...

The ability to import all/refresh your collection at once from DVDProfiler is coming soon. The ability to look in the local folder is also going to come back at some point for those that manually created them. A lot of work is going into the video library/Program Information menu so bear with it as it grows. The STV looks for the collection with this property:

mlbdude/meta_data_collection.xml=D\:\\Program Files\\SageTV\\SageTV\\STVs\\OriginalV2\\SageMCE\\collection.xml

Animations are mainly math the way I am doing it now. I can do just about anything including fades and stuff but it gets more CPU intensive and takes more of my time. Since I have all but the main menu ones turned off I don't think I want to put too much more time into them.

Default recording padding is not in there yet. It is on the list just not right at the top .
Old 08-05-2005, 07:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Animations are mainly math the way I am doing it now. I can do just about anything including fades and stuff but it gets more CPU intensive and takes more of my time. Since I have all but the main menu ones turned off I don't think I want to put too much more time into them.
I like math, if you want me to take a look, let me know
Old 08-05-2005, 08:01 AM
Sage Icon

thanks, i think i will wait for the ability to 'import/refresh all' and not worry about it now---little time to watch DVDs in the summer anyway. Thanks for a great update!
Oh, one quick question--you mentioned you brought back the alphabet in my music. Any way to add that if you are viewing by Artist?
Thanks
JUC
Old 08-06-2005, 12:09 AM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to LegolasX21E Send a message via Yahoo to LegolasX21E
Is the Ver 5 Beta Just for SageTV3 or will it work on 2.2.8? Just don't want to endanger my presious SageTV install.
Old 08-06-2005, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegolasX21E
Is the Ver 5 Beta Just for SageTV3 or will it work on 2.2.8? Just don't want to endanger my presious SageTV install.
Pretty sure it will only work on 3.x.
Old 08-06-2005, 03:44 PM
Sage Icon

Question

Wondering why this thread isn't reflectred here in the 3.0 section ....

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...ead.php?t=7953