SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 08-08-2005, 11:52 AM

There are now two views available. File System and Category. Category is driven off of meta data for grouping, File System works just like it used to.
Old 08-08-2005, 12:13 PM
Sage Icon

that clears it up. Thanks
JUC
Old 08-08-2005, 10:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

I think I found a little BUG in the new My Videos-Category view (which is BTW GREAT!!!):
When "View by Folder" is working, I can see the categories and when pressing on a category, I get the movies just fine.
But, when in "View by List" mode, I can see the categories OK but I can NOT enter a category...pressing on a category does nothing...

any ideas???
Thanks,
Oren.
Old 08-09-2005, 05:37 AM
Sage Fanatic

i'm having slow down problems after loading the most recent update. it will work fine for some time and then all of a sudden the animations will get slow which will be followed by the video getting very jittery.

restarting sage sometimes helps, restarting the htpc always fixes it.

i'm not sure that it's a problem with this stv though and may be more a problem with my setup.

the other errors i get is that sage will rarely sleep to the desktop screen (usually sleeps with the sageMC home window still on the screen) and themes wont stick any more.
Old 08-09-2005, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshapir
I think I found a little BUG in the new My Videos-Category view (which is BTW GREAT!!!):
When "View by Folder" is working, I can see the categories and when pressing on a category, I get the movies just fine.
But, when in "View by List" mode, I can see the categories OK but I can NOT enter a category...pressing on a category does nothing...

any ideas???
Thanks,
Oren.
View By List should be disable for Category view for now. Did not finish that up yet.
Old 08-09-2005, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrNole
i'm having slow down problems after loading the most recent update. it will work fine for some time and then all of a sudden the animations will get slow which will be followed by the video getting very jittery.

restarting sage sometimes helps, restarting the htpc always fixes it.

i'm not sure that it's a problem with this stv though and may be more a problem with my setup.

the other errors i get is that sage will rarely sleep to the desktop screen (usually sleeps with the sageMC home window still on the screen) and themes wont stick any more.
Try and see if you have the slowdown with Overlay. I see slowdown with VMR9 when video library files are playing but TV files are fine. Overlay works all the time.

Those other errors are not something I have seen, but will keep an eye out for.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:57 AM
Sage Icon

The category view is great! I was able to import my DVD profiler database fine and all is good here. One comment/request though: Since I imported the DVD profiler database, all the movies now show up in the My Video's section and not in the folder structure (they do show up fine in the folder view however). This is fine, but since I have other folders in there for Music Vids etc, --it seems they get orderred by alphabet. So if I want to go into Music Vids I have to scroll past all my DVD's until I get to the M's---where I then see the Music Vids folder. Any way you can have them categorized by Folder first, then alphabet for the rest of the files? kind of confusing--not sure if you will understand this though. Thanks
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 08-09-2005, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
The category view is great! I was able to import my DVD profiler database fine and all is good here. One comment/request though: Since I imported the DVD profiler database, all the movies now show up in the My Video's section and not in the folder structure (they do show up fine in the folder view however). This is fine, but since I have other folders in there for Music Vids etc, --it seems they get orderred by alphabet. So if I want to go into Music Vids I have to scroll past all my DVD's until I get to the M's---where I then see the Music Vids folder. Any way you can have them categorized by Folder first, then alphabet for the rest of the files? kind of confusing--not sure if you will understand this though. Thanks
JUC
I know what you are talking about. Not sure how hard that would be in Sage. I will look at it.
Old 08-09-2005, 07:04 AM
Sage Icon

One more request, and I think you have mentioned this in the past: Any way of having sage recognize offline DVD's using the DVD profiler database? As it is now, I had to create dummy avi's for all my offline DVD's proper file structure (Name of DVD/ Video_TS/Name of DVD.avi).
Thanks
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Old 08-09-2005, 07:05 AM
Sage Icon

Wow, quick--thanks.

Old 08-09-2005, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
One more request, and I think you have mentioned this in the past: Any way of having sage recognize offline DVD's using the DVD profiler database? As it is now, I had to create dummy avi's for all my offline DVD's proper file structure (Name of DVD/ Video_TS/Name of DVD.avi).
Thanks
JUC
Possibly. This is harder that I thought it would be though and may not be possible. Maybe we can get Stanger89 to do some legwork on this to see if it is even possible .
Old 08-09-2005, 07:58 AM
Sage Fanatic

Launching Other Programs

gplasky said:

Quote:
In the sage properties file there is a line by default installation of SageMC: mlbdude/other_programs=D\:\\temp You need to change this to whatever directory you want to use. (I use C:\temp) and drop your shortcuts to the program and any .jpg named exactly as the shortcut so it uses that as an icon. SO you could use a shortcut to a batch file no problem
I got the other programs to show in the "Other Programs" menu just fine. Should the program launch when I select it in sage? Right now it is not, it is just opening the folder in D: showing the shortcut. Is the .jpg required to get this to work?

Thanks in advance.

Jesse
Old 08-09-2005, 08:00 AM
SageTVaholic

Short answer, the easiest way, I think, would be to just read the XML directly and display it directly. Though I'm not sure how you'd want to limit that to just offline ones. It's possible (AFAIK) to add them to the Sage DB, but I don't know what Sage would do if there were no associated media file, ie I'm not sure how long it would keep them or if it would clean them out right a way (or after time).
Old 08-09-2005, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse
gplasky said:

I got the other programs to show in the "Other Programs" menu just fine. Should the program launch when I select it in sage? Right now it is not, it is just opening the folder in D: showing the shortcut. Is the .jpg required to get this to work?

Thanks in advance.

Jesse
I have not tried in a bit, will check it out tonight.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89
Short answer, the easiest way, I think, would be to just read the XML directly and display it directly. Though I'm not sure how you'd want to limit that to just offline ones. It's possible (AFAIK) to add them to the Sage DB, but I don't know what Sage would do if there were no associated media file, ie I'm not sure how long it would keep them or if it would clean them out right a way (or after time).
What about reading the DVDProfiler collection, determining which ones do not exist in Sage, then creating dummy .avi files automatically in a specified "Offline" directory. This directory could be added as an import folder that Sage would import from. Then the process would be just like normal and the DVD Profiler information would be stored with the imported file.

I could possibly change the STV to detect that it is a "bad" avi when you launch it and ask the user to insert the DVD.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:39 AM
Sage Icon

This would be wonderful! Hope it can be worked out.
JUC

Old 08-09-2005, 08:50 AM
SageTVaholic

I personally think dummy AVI files are not the way to go. It might be worth investigating just how long (or if) an airing with no Media File stays. Maybe if you set it as watched it will stay?
Old 08-09-2005, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89
I personally think dummy AVI files are not the way to go. It might be worth investigating just how long (or if) an airing with no Media File stays. Maybe if you set it as watched it will stay?
How would a user remove the file from My Videos if there is no file for it? I think that will open up a big can of worms .
Old 08-09-2005, 09:39 AM
SageTVaholic

You've got a PM.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:45 AM
Sage Icon

one more question--does this STV kick off the commskip program or just read the .txt files? I need an STV that does the commercial processing on my server and since the v3 one doesn't have it and the v3 commskip import only reads it I was wondering if I can use this one.
Thanks (and sorry for all the questions lately)
JUC