SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 08-09-2005, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
I have not tried in a bit, will check it out tonight.
Seems to work fine. Just make sure there are no spaces in path you have chosen.
Old 08-09-2005, 07:04 PM

Need some quick tests of Offline Video content. This will only work if you have\user a DVDProfile master collection XML file. After you get the test STV in place (just replace your existing SageMC_169.stv, close Sage do the below setup.

EDIT: Released as part of beta 5.

Instructions for setup:
1. Create a folder to hold the offline files. Ex. D:\Offline\Offline DVD's

2. Modify your Sage.Properties file (here they are with samples).
a. mlbdude/offline_path=D\:\\Offline\\Offline DVD's
b. Options: If you want it to auto copy the thumbnails from DVDProfiler.
mlbdude/DVDProfiler_Root=D\:\\Program Files\\InterVocative Software\\DVD Profiler

3. Start Sage and add in the new My Videos folder. Ex. D:\Offline

4. In the My Videos Options menu select "Import Offline DVDProfiler Vides".

5. In the My Videos Options menu select "Rescan Import Folders".

Let me know how it works.

Last edited by mlbdude; 08-14-2005 at 07:39 AM.
Old 08-09-2005, 07:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
one more question--does this STV kick off the commskip program or just read the .txt files? I need an STV that does the commercial processing on my server and since the v3 one doesn't have it and the v3 commskip import only reads it I was wondering if I can use this one.
Thanks (and sorry for all the questions lately)
JUC
Just use Dirmon & Show Analyzer. Then you don't need any comskip-enabled STV's to process them. It'll even get rid of the orphaned .txt files for you .
Old 08-09-2005, 09:28 PM

This is a great stv, but the one small thing I can't get to work is using the back arrow on the Hauppagge remote to go back in the SageTV menus. Is there anyway to get this to work on SageMC? This is the only reason I'm not switching from Cayars17, any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:34 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitic
This is a great stv, but the one small thing I can't get to work is using the back arrow on the Hauppagge remote to go back in the SageTV menus. Is there anyway to get this to work on SageMC? This is the only reason I'm not switching from Cayars17, any help would be appreciated.
Go into detailed setup and 'remap' your back arrow key to the exit command within Sage.

-Jason
Old 08-10-2005, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitic
Only the SageTV Back command is supported for moving back through the menu's. Make sure you have that command bound to something on your remote.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:42 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Need some quick tests of Offline Video content. This will only work if you have\user a DVDProfile master collection XML file. After you get the test STV in place (just replace your existing SageMC_169.stv, close Sage do the below setup.
oooh, should have checked this last night. Will test tonight and let you know how it goes.
Thanks
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 08-10-2005, 08:11 AM
Sage Icon

question: Can you use the 'MY Programs' option in your STB to launch a program on the client machine?
Basically, I would like to be able to use DVDdecrypter to rip DVD's from my client DVD drive and have them be ripped to my server? I can work out the batch files but am not sure if it is possible.
I have a bunch of shortcuts in my C:\temp drive that are not appearing in the client (but did when i had that acting as my server).

If not, no biggie--i can walk up the flight of stairs if neede
Thanks
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Old 08-10-2005, 08:17 AM

The Other Programs menu is all local file system based. So the client would either need a copy of those programs locally or the path for the other programs in your properties file would need to point to the server folder.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:23 AM
Sage Icon

hmm, basically I uninstalled my sagetv and reinstalled it on a new computer. The old computer that used to have sagetv (with the My Programs option working) now has the client on it. I didn't change anything with the C:\temp locations and all the original programs are in there and have not been alterred---but nothing is showing up in My programs anymore.
JUC

Old 08-10-2005, 11:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
question: Can you use the 'MY Programs' option in your STB to launch a program on the client machine?
Basically, I would like to be able to use DVDdecrypter to rip DVD's from my client DVD drive and have them be ripped to my server? I can work out the batch files but am not sure if it is possible.
I have a bunch of shortcuts in my C:\temp drive that are not appearing in the client (but did when i had that acting as my server).
I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but for my DVDs, i'm ripping the DVD's directly to the client and then I have a perl script that runs every night on the server that checks for new DVDs on the clients. If it finds anything new it will move it to the Server..

The only catch is I have to have two folders in Sage for my DVD's. One for DVDs ripped that day, "fresh DVDs", and one for the rest of the DVD's,"DVDs".
Old 08-10-2005, 12:13 PM
Sage Icon

evilpenguin--that is a good option. I think I am going to try to see if I can configure a command script that rips the DVD directly to the server from the client. Something like this maybe:

"C:\Program Files\DVD Decrypter\DVDdecrypter.exe" /MODE FILE /SRC D: /DEST X:\Movies\DVDs\[DISC_LABEL]\VIDEO_TS /FILES ALL /Start /Close

-where X would be a mapped drive to my server. I'm not sure if this will work though. I first need to get the My Programs option to work on my client...
JUC

Old 08-10-2005, 08:48 PM

Check out the first post. Added some images of SageMC with the Project X theme from MediaPortal installed.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:45 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Check out the first post. Added some images of SageMC with the Project X theme from MediaPortal installed.
liking the look of that. How would I get it onto my STV?
Old 08-11-2005, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmgranger
liking the look of that. How would I get it onto my STV?
Download that theme (I got it with my MediaPortal installation). Find its images folder (I think it is Media) and copy it to the SageMCE folder and give it a unique name (I named it images_px). Go into your properties file and create a new theme entry for the images. Copy the subfolders from your images folder to this new folder. You can use either of the images I upladed as the preview.jpg to stick in that folder though it is not necessary.

If I can get permission from the author I will include it in the next beta release this weekend.

Last edited by mlbdude; 08-11-2005 at 05:41 AM.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:25 AM
Sage Icon

Okay, i tried to use the offline DVD stv and am having some troubles. I installed the .stv, created the folders, added the lines to the properties files, added the folder to imports, and rescanned. The problem is is that i see no option for 'import offline dvdprofiler videos'. What i do see is that in the options menu, below the 'import dvdprofiler database (or something like that--added in your previous .stv) there is now a blank box that I can scroll to. If I select it--it brings up a blank metadata page with no information. That's it. Also, you mention i need a collection.xml file--where does that need to go---that may be my problem but it is weird that i am not seeing the option for import offline dvdprofiler database. Also, should my D:\offline\offline dvd's folder have anything in it?
Thanks
JUC

Old 08-11-2005, 10:30 AM

I will post a screencap of my options menu when I get home. If you can do the same. You need a master collection.xml for this to work. Once you run that option from the menu the offline folder will be filled with stub files and images that exist in your xml but not in SageTV. Once you rescan the files will be added and ther meta-data will be imported from the mast collection.xml.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:43 AM
Sage Icon

okay. Do i need to export this master collection.xml file or is it just incorporated into DVDprofiler? and just for my info: how do I post a screencap? And one more for you---the new .stv needs to go in the OriginalV2 folder? It wasn't nested so it only extracted it into my Sagetv folder so i moved it to replace the previous release.
JUC

oh, I think I just figured out part of my problem (but not with the options menu). I already created dummy files for my offline DVD's and they are already imported into My videos--would this stop the Offline DVD's folder from being populated because Sage thinks they are already there? Most likely. I will move the dummy ones when I get home but I still think I am having a problem with the options menu not showing the "import offline..."

Last edited by JUC; 08-11-2005 at 10:46 AM.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
okay. Do i need to export this master collection.xml file or is it just incorporated into DVDprofiler? and just for my info: how do I post a screencap? And one more for you---the new .stv needs to go in the OriginalV2 folder? It wasn't nested so it only extracted it into my Sagetv folder so i moved it to replace the previous release.
JUC

oh, I think I just figured out part of my problem (but not with the options menu). I already created dummy files for my offline DVD's and they are already imported into My videos--would this stop the Offline DVD's folder from being populated because Sage thinks they are already there? Most likely. I will move the dummy ones when I get home but I still think I am having a problem with the options menu not showing the "import offline..."
The new STV goes in teh OrigionalV2 folder (or wherever it is already). If the DVD is already imported it will not be recognized as an Offline DVD. The collection file can be exported from DVDProfiler. By default SageMC looks for it in the SageMCE folder I think under OrigionalV2. However, this is customizable in your properties file.

To post a screencap just use the Attachments option at the bottom of the Reply to Thread page.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:11 AM
Sage Icon

got it, will do tonight.
JUC