SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 08-13-2005, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashbacck
I just installed beta 3.0.7 and I think I found a bug specific to SageMC. When I select a show in the guide, then stop that show, if I go back to the channel in the guide and select it, the show title is "." And the only options are to Record Series and Other Showings.
What version of the STV are you using? Here are the steps I tried to reproduce it. Select a show from the Guide. Select Watch from the Program Information screen. Stop the show by pressing Stop twice. Go back into the Guide and select the same show from the Guide. In both the Program Information screen and full screen OSD I get a full title and description and I get all buttons in the Program Information screen.
Old 08-13-2005, 02:49 PM
Sage Icon

well, can someone else please try the offline DVD test .stv to see if the files are being imported? I would really like to get this sorted out. Everything is where it should be on my end I believe. I may try a clean install in a little...
thanks
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 08-13-2005, 02:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

Mlbdude -
This is with the v4 of your STV.

My TV > Guide > show > watch
stop > stop
My TV > Guide > same show > (at this point is where I thought the bug was, but I was getting full show descriptions...)
back > click on same show again - and now there's no show info
Old 08-13-2005, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Mlbdude -
This is with the v4 of your STV.

My TV > Guide > show > watch
stop > stop
My TV > Guide > same show > (at this point is where I thought the bug was, but I was getting full show descriptions...)
back > click on same show again - and now there's no show info
Anyone else able to reproduce this? I still cannot.
Old 08-13-2005, 03:13 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
As long as your collection.xml exists in that location and the offline DVD titles are NOT already imported then they should go. Anyone else not have success under those conditions?

one more thing--i HAVE already imported the DVD's into Sage in the past. But before trying to get this going I moved the import folder and rescanned the directories so they would not show up. Do you think this may have something to do with it not being imported now? Just pulling at strings here...
Thanks
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 08-13-2005, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
one more thing--i HAVE already imported the DVD's into Sage in the past. But before trying to get this going I moved the import folder and rescanned the directories so they would not show up. Do you think this may have something to do with it not being imported now? Just pulling at strings here...
Thanks
JUC
No, I tested that scenario and it still works for me.
Old 08-14-2005, 06:42 AM
Sage Advanced User

mlbdude,

Did the fix for the "Is it ok for Sage to change channel" dialog (not showing all the info) make it into one of the recent builds? I'm still getting the problem here, so it seems not, but perhaps it doesn't work in all cases.

Cheers,

- Neil.
Old 08-14-2005, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubster
mlbdude,

Did the fix for the "Is it ok for Sage to change channel" dialog (not showing all the info) make it into one of the recent builds? I'm still getting the problem here, so it seems not, but perhaps it doesn't work in all cases.

Cheers,

- Neil.
Fixed and included in the build I am uploading now.
Old 08-14-2005, 07:47 AM

SageMC169 Ver 5 Beta 5

8/14/2005
SageMC_169_5_b5 - BETA 5 SageTV 3.x STV
SageMC169 Ver 5 Beta 5
Added Add to Queue and View Current Playlist features to My Music. Lets you alwasy see the current queue/playlist and what song in it is playing.

Added back List View to Category View in My Videos.

Added Offline video capability. Check out this thread for details on how to set it up and what is required. I may include a setup wizard for this in the future if it is popular. Offline Videos Setup Instructions

Various bug fixes and enhancements.

This will probably be the last version with new features. Lets get the bugs out and make a 3.x release. Then we can work on whats next.
Old 08-14-2005, 12:52 PM
Sage User

I have only been able to populate the first two DVDs in my profiler XML - is there a specific version of profiler that this will work with because i know that each version exports the XML in a slightly different format. I am using Profiler version 2.4
Old 08-14-2005, 12:57 PM

I think this will only work with the version of XML used by 2.4. If you post your collection.xml I will give it a try,

Last edited by mlbdude; 08-14-2005 at 01:00 PM.
Old 08-14-2005, 01:48 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi Mlbdude,
My previous problem with the program information not showing when I click on the show in the guide, seems to have disappeared. However, during a show, if I bring up the right click menu, then select program information, I see the blank program information again. Although, selecting the show via the guide still shows the correct information.

Also, I can't seem to bring up the Display anymore (the thing that has channel #, show title, and the progress bar).
EDIT: ok, it seems if I press other buttons (pause or menu), then the Display button stops functioning for a few seconds.

Last edited by flashbacck; 08-14-2005 at 01:51 PM.
Old 08-14-2005, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Hi Mlbdude,
My previous problem with the program information not showing when I click on the show in the guide, seems to have disappeared. However, during a show, if I bring up the right click menu, then select program information, I see the blank program information again. Although, selecting the show via the guide still shows the correct information.

Also, I can't seem to bring up the Display anymore (the thing that has channel #, show title, and the progress bar).
EDIT: ok, it seems if I press other buttons (pause or menu), then the Display button stops functioning for a few seconds.
I think I have both of those items fixed in my current build. Been tracking bugs all day .
Old 08-14-2005, 04:45 PM

If you have posted any bugs, they may have been fixed in the latest dev build. Each day I do any changes I will update this file. Probably not any date info on it you will just have to download and check the file date/time.
Latest Dev Build

For anyone that does not want to wait to get their bugs fixed or to see what is being worked on.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:59 AM
Sage Expert

I'm pretty sure that I have not asked this before! If I have, sorry, I can't be bothered to search for it. I'm on a lazy one today

Is it possible for the IMDB search to save the picture for the dvd that I search for?

This would be sooOOoo cool in that it strips out another annoying process (going to Amazon.com, finding artwork, saving it as 'folder.jpg').
Old 08-15-2005, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmgranger
I'm pretty sure that I have not asked this before! If I have, sorry, I can't be bothered to search for it. I'm on a lazy one today

Is it possible for the IMDB search to save the picture for the dvd that I search for?

This would be sooOOoo cool in that it strips out another annoying process (going to Amazon.com, finding artwork, saving it as 'folder.jpg').
I have asked Neilm to update his library for me so I can do this. He is very busy though so we have to be patient. The DVDProfiler side will have this feature very soon (they already have it for Offline DVD's).
Old 08-15-2005, 06:18 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
The DVDProfiler side will have this feature very soon (they already have it for Offline DVD's).
So if I were to get dvd profiler going on my system, I could use that to grab the info from the web, then this info could be imported (with artwork) via an xml file into SageMC?

Thats pretty cool appart from the fact that I am relying on another app. I really want Sage to be as much 'all in one' as possible.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:39 AM

No matter what you are relying on some other source of data for this meta-data. DVDProfiler will be best for those that want to have total control of the data that SageMC imports since it lets you customize anything. I would suspect that the IMDB search is good for the general user though even though the data it gives may not be as accurate.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmgranger
So if I were to get dvd profiler going on my system, I could use that to grab the info from the web, then this info could be imported (with artwork) via an xml file into SageMC?

Thats pretty cool appart from the fact that I am relying on another app. I really want Sage to be as much 'all in one' as possible.
DVD Profiler uses it's own database (kind of like CDDB). It will get info and coverart from that, all you need to do is enter the UPC code (or search by title, or disk ID). If you've got a lot of DVDs, a CueCat barcode scanner is a great tool. Just swipe and and a couple enters and the DVDs are entered.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:48 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue9
How do you do that?
I'm assuming here. I'll have to read up on it...

http://www.sage-community.org/index....i/NielmStvMenu