SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 08-16-2005, 12:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

I would have to say that this is the best STV out there. I love the look and the interface is truely impressive. There are only 2 compaints that I have at all with it (and considering I had many more with other STV's thats not bad).

1. The comskip code does not auto refresh the txt file. So if the file is still being processed you have to stop playing it and restart it to refresh the commercial detection. I know Laurenglenn's STV does this and so does the import for v3, but it isn't included in this STV.

2. When a show is over, the screen comes up to delete, restart, resume, or press stop again to return to the main menu. No matter how many times I press stop I don't get back to the main menu. I have to press stop, back, and then menu to get there. A little anoying, but it isn't the end of the world.

Is anyone else having a similar problem? Thanks again for a great STV and keep up the great work.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:18 AM
Sage Advanced User

I can't wait until SageTV 3 get's official, so I can also try the new SageMC STV!
(sorry, but beta testing is just not my thing ;-)

But I am was wondering: does the new Sage STV contain a manual recording function?

For example: I have for one channel no EPG data and I would like to set a start and stop time for that channel when I want to record something, is this yet possible? (I know the old 2.2.8 SageMC did not contain this kind of functionality...)
Old 08-17-2005, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972
I can't wait until SageTV 3 get's official, so I can also try the new SageMC STV!
(sorry, but beta testing is just not my thing ;-)

But I am was wondering: does the new Sage STV contain a manual recording function?

For example: I have for one channel no EPG data and I would like to set a start and stop time for that channel when I want to record something, is this yet possible? (I know the old 2.2.8 SageMC did not contain this kind of functionality...)
No it does not. I don't really want to include it but might make the existing Sage screen available for those that need it.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:46 AM
Sage Icon

hey all, I have been having problems recently with this STV on a client machine running latest betas. Basically, if i am in the guide and select a show-it brings up the detailed info screen. If i click on watch--nothing happens. I have to select record then watch to actually watch the show. Note that this does not happen if I am already watching livetv and scroll through the miniguide and select a show. Also, this is the first time i have used a client/server setup so i am not sure if this is normal but this does not happen with the originalV3.stv.

BTW--i am still struggling to get the offline DVD info to show up. I think it may have something to do with DVDprofiler. I had it setup (v. 2.3 on my now client box and just coppied over the images and data folders to my new server running profiler v2.4. They appear fine in DVDprofiler but maybe the collection.xml changed or something. I plan on starting from scratch and just try loading a few DVD's in DVDprofiler to see if that works. will post when i find out if this works.

Thanks
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 08-17-2005, 10:03 AM

Try the latest test STV linked in the first post to see if that resolves the Watch button not doing anything issue. I noticed this on a dev build and don't remember when it got fixed.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:25 AM
Sage Icon

will do, thanks
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Old 08-18-2005, 06:40 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
Try the latest test STV linked in the first post to see if that resolves the Watch button not doing anything issue. I noticed this on a dev build and don't remember when it got fixed.

Thanks, it works fine now.
JUC

Old 08-18-2005, 07:03 AM
Sage Icon

Is anyone using WRS with this STV?

I was trying to use it, and followed the instructions for setting it up on the WRS Sage page (installing the Java extensions, and the Sage additions, and putting an xml file in the sage directory). That got everything working, except that when I shut down Live TV (went to settings, and detailed setup, which stops playback), and try and go into "My Weather Suite," I get a message asking me what I want to do with Live TV, Resume, Delete, something else. No matter what I click, it takes me back to the main menu. If I select My Weather Suite again, same message, every time. It worked the first time, while I had LiveTV going at the same time, but then, even if I had it going, it was like I was stuck in this endless loop.

Any ideas where the problem my lie?
Old 08-18-2005, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko

I was trying to use it, and followed the instructions for setting it up on the WRS Sage page (installing the Java extensions, and the Sage additions, and putting an xml file in the sage directory). That got everything working, except that when I shut down Live TV (went to settings, and detailed setup, which stops playback), and try and go into "My Weather Suite," I get a message asking me what I want to do with Live TV, Resume, Delete, something else. No matter what I click, it takes me back to the main menu. If I select My Weather Suite again, same message, every time. It worked the first time, while I had LiveTV going at the same time, but then, even if I had it going, it was like I was stuck in this endless loop.

Have never come accross that. Post your exact steps to reproduce it and I will give it a try tonight.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:03 PM
Sage Icon

After reboot.
Watch TV.
Live TV.
[Watched TV for a while.]
Backed out to the main menu (have set to "always display preview", so TV is still playing).
My Weather Suite.
[Went through several menu items, everything seems okay, except video/audio is jacked up a bit.]
Backed out to the main menu.
Watch TV.
Live TV.
[Watched TV for a while.]
Backed out to main menu.
Setup.
Detailed Setup.
Backed out to main menu again (now preview shows stopped).
My Weather Suite.
Popup now asks what I want to do with Live TV, resume, delete, and one other option.
Tried all 3 options, and it would send me back to the main menu each time, and each time I went back to My Weather Suite, I would get this popup.

Now, it was getting late last night, so I didn't try a reboot, and test this again. I will have to try it again tonight, and see if I get the same results. For the xml file, I was using "motions" xml file from the WRS thread (a few posts up from the end).
Old 08-18-2005, 12:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

I have been using WRS for about a month (Since it was release in this STV) with this STV and have not seen any problems with it, or experienced what you decribed.

No idea where to point you. Have you tried to re-install the STV and WRS from scratch?
Old 08-18-2005, 07:53 PM
Sage Icon

Seems to work after the reboot, but, when Live TV has been stopped, if I go into the My Weather Suite, I still get a popup asking me what I want to do with the current LiveTV, delete, resume, or restart. Once I select one, it takes me to the main menu again, and if I click My Weather Suite again, everything is fine...
Old 08-18-2005, 08:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

this has likely been asked, but not able to find it. Is it possible to use the latest SageMC 3.x b5 with sage 2.2.8 client via MediaMVP client 1.3? Thanks

Last edited by sabre; 08-18-2005 at 08:47 PM.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:50 PM
Sage User

I just wanted to thank you for adding the option to exit sage at the close button...................

This theme is fantastic and all of your hard work is greatly appreciated.

John
Old 08-19-2005, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Seems to work after the reboot, but, when Live TV has been stopped, if I go into the My Weather Suite, I still get a popup asking me what I want to do with the current LiveTV, delete, resume, or restart. Once I select one, it takes me to the main menu again, and if I click My Weather Suite again, everything is fine...
Your system is acting like the TV Preview is being selected and the Select command being sent to it. I tried and can't reproduce it. Do you think your remote is sending duplicate commands somehow?
Old 08-19-2005, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabre
this has likely been asked, but not able to find it. Is it possible to use the latest SageMC 3.x b5 with sage 2.2.8 client via MediaMVP client 1.3? Thanks
The 3.x STV is for 3.x Sage only.
Old 08-19-2005, 07:14 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Your system is acting like the TV Preview is being selected and the Select command being sent to it. I tried and can't reproduce it. Do you think your remote is sending duplicate commands somehow?
Hmm...Could be. I modded some changes to the way the IR is sent out of the Harmony last night, and that was BEFORE I tested the WRS again.

However, I do still get the popup, no matter what I do. It doesn't really bother me that much, because having the video preview "stopped" is not a common situation (unless of course, going into setup to tweak something).

The problem doesn't exist when I first get into Sage (and therefore, have no preview going).

I'm finding out what it's like now, to have a HTPC that has "gone live," in that, the only time I can tweak stuff, is when my wife isn't home, or isn't watching TV. Any major changes, I need to do an image, or feel the wrath when the HTPC stops working!

Thanks for the help.
Old 08-19-2005, 07:44 AM

Latest update build has the new Video Search capability.

Old 08-19-2005, 08:30 AM

New My Music options:

Old 08-19-2005, 08:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
New My Music options:

(Again) amazing MLDude! Since I use the music player function more than the videofunctionality this is a nice improvement!.
I only have one small question, which might have been asked or answered before: if I start "My Music", it always shows all my albums. Is it possible that it starts with the "Genres" folders?