SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 08-19-2005, 09:08 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972
(Again) amazing MLDude! Since I use the music player function more than the videofunctionality this is a nice improvement!. I only have one small question, which might have been asked or answered before: if I start "My Music", it always shows all my albums. Is it possible that it starts with the "Genres" folders?

Or better yet (for me)--list the artists?

BTW---great additions here---the music features in this .stv make it impossible for me to use anything else. Thanks
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 08-19-2005, 09:09 AM
Sage Icon

uhhh---where's the download link---first page has latest version from 8-14?
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 08-19-2005, 09:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

Question

Also a request (from my wife :-):

If she wants to record a show, which airs in let's say two days, she has to scroll through the EPG list to the right untill she finds the show. In some situations this has lead to skipping the show when seeking it, resulting in scrolling back, forward, etc.... untill she finally found it.

So I was wondering... ain't it possible to add something like a "week bar" above the EPG data, like

Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su

and when a day is sellected the EPG data of that day is showed?

(I really don't know how much effort this request costs, and since you have planned to go "customer" with SageMC in a short period of time.... please? )

Last edited by 1972; 08-19-2005 at 09:17 AM.
Old 08-19-2005, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
uhhh---where's the download link---first page has latest version from 8-14?
For the latest dev build use the last link before the images in the first post.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:10 AM
Sage Icon

Okay, so the spectrum analyzer on my VFD when using WinAmp is pretty cool, but now that the music interface in this STV looks so cool, I may give up using WinAmp...

Only problem, how can I get Sage to play my AAC music files. Plug-in of some sort? Don't really want to convert them all to MP3, but each and every day, it's starting to look like that.

I'd have to take a vacation to rerip all my files (don't want the loss in going from AAC to MP3...) I just don't see why Sage can't play AAC, when most other players out there can handle it.
Old 08-19-2005, 03:12 PM

8/19/2005
SageMC_169_5_b6 - BETA 6 SageTV 3.x STV
Check first post for download link. Latest Dev build will also work if you have the previous beta version installed.

Bug fixes and improvements to My Videos.
Searching in My Videos if using Category View.
My Music Options updates for custom view styles and easy way to view what you are currently playing.
Music preview window now takes you to the current playlist. Use Visualize from there to go to full screen.
Updates to My TV, check out a grouped show in Recordings.
Grouped movies now show the title and description.
Bug fixes for Other Programs.
Enhanced Mini-Guide to allow looking into the future.
Old 08-19-2005, 05:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Great work mlbdude!!
I really liked the enhanced mini-guide- "looking into the future!"

I have a question however:
I don't like using the OSD auto-hide and in order to make the OSD disappear in Live TV, I have to press the left mouse button because there is not such command to put in the remote. In the original stv, I used to press the o.k button on my hauppauge remote and the OSD dissappeared, but it's different in SageMC.

Any suggestions?
orky7
Old 08-19-2005, 06:06 PM
Sage User

This is a great STV and I was just wondering if you had any plans for including KJake CreateDVD in it?
Old 08-19-2005, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orky7
Great work mlbdude!!
I really liked the enhanced mini-guide- "looking into the future!"

I have a question however:
I don't like using the OSD auto-hide and in order to make the OSD disappear in Live TV, I have to press the left mouse button because there is not such command to put in the remote. In the original stv, I used to press the o.k button on my hauppauge remote and the OSD dissappeared, but it's different in SageMC.

Any suggestions?
orky7
You can use the Info command to open and close the OSD.
Old 08-21-2005, 01:42 AM
Sage Expert

Is there any chance that you could add the channel logo to the miniguide. I really think that it would add to the look of it.
Old 08-21-2005, 03:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
"Originally Posted by 1972
I can't wait until SageTV 3 get's official, so I can also try the new SageMC STV!
(sorry, but beta testing is just not my thing ;-)

But I am was wondering: does the new Sage STV contain a manual recording function?

For example: I have for one channel no EPG data and I would like to set a start and stop time for that channel when I want to record something, is this yet possible? (I know the old 2.2.8 SageMC did not contain this kind of functionality...)

No it does not. I don't really want to include it but might make the existing Sage screen available for those that need it."

Yes, please do; that would be a very attractive solution for this "problem".
Old 08-21-2005, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan smit
Quote:
"Originally Posted by 1972
I can't wait until SageTV 3 get's official, so I can also try the new SageMC STV!
(sorry, but beta testing is just not my thing ;-)

But I am was wondering: does the new Sage STV contain a manual recording function?

For example: I have for one channel no EPG data and I would like to set a start and stop time for that channel when I want to record something, is this yet possible? (I know the old 2.2.8 SageMC did not contain this kind of functionality...)

No it does not. I don't really want to include it but might make the existing Sage screen available for those that need it."

Yes, please do; that would be a very attractive solution for this "problem".
Technically this is available to you know. Using Neilms custom menu you can create a menu item to the Sage menu. This can be done in either the beta or last 2.x release version.
Old 08-21-2005, 08:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'll try that.

Thanks,

jan
Old 08-21-2005, 12:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan smit
I'll try that.

Thanks,

jan
If you get it to work please let us know
Old 08-21-2005, 12:44 PM

I tried and it worked fine. You need to use the Home command to get back into SageMC though.

Look for the internal menu called "Manual Recordings".
Old 08-21-2005, 01:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

Here's one, it's not really an issue, just an idiocyncracy of Sage using this STV and my sound system.

I'm connected to my receiver via optical spdif only (using the optional spdif module), from my p4s800's onboard Soundmax. After using SageTV (even if I just move around the menu's), and then sleep Sage in the tray, sound is no longer available via Spdif for another app like MyHD130. I can get sound through the spdif in MyHD if I change the soundcard audio setting in MyHD to "stereo" or "Dolby surround" but no digital spdif.

It seems when Sage uses the sound in this STV it locks the Spdif from passing digital sound to another app, even if it's sleeping in the tray.

The solution for me was to remove all the sound wav files in the SageMCE- Sounds folder.

Like I said, it's just an idiocyncracy... posted in case it might help someone else running similar hardware and seeing this issue.
Old 08-21-2005, 02:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
I tried and it worked fine. You need to use the Home command to get back into SageMC though.

Look for the internal menu called "Manual Recordings".
Uhhh, sorry I'm not so quick and smart...
Could someone please explain me how to do this exactly? (I have never worked with the Nielm's menu)

Thanks!
Old 08-21-2005, 03:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

It will really be great if the mini-guide will have the channel logos and that if you press the record button while choosing a future show on the mini-guide it will record it. and if that's not too much, a little status bar that shows the show's progress will be great!

Thanks for all your work,
orky7
Old 08-22-2005, 05:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Technically this is available to you know. Using Neilms custom menu you can create a menu item to the Sage menu. This can be done in either the beta or last 2.x release version.

I have tried to install Nielm’s DynamicMenu using following procedure:
1. downloaded dynamic_menu_import.zip, dynamic_menu_icons.zip and Dynamic_menu_default_config.zip.
2. unzipped all three to Frey Technologies\SageTV directory.
When I start Sage and try to import via Settings, Detailed Setup, Advanced, ImportSageTV ApplicationPackage, it does not find the DynamicMenu stv file, because there is no such file. There exists a .stvi file in the \STVs\SageTV3 directory, but no .stv file for the dynamic menu.
I’m using SageTV v3.05.23 with MC169.
What am I doing wrong?

P.S. The procedure says that I should delete 2 directories if I have an old version of the java classes. How do I know whether they are old?
I do have a sageutils directory, but not a sagemenureader directory; I do have a file called SageMenuReader.class (within a sagemenu directory). Should I delete any of these?

Please help,

jan

Last edited by jan smit; 08-22-2005 at 06:01 AM.
Old 08-22-2005, 07:04 AM

The menu is already included as part of SageMC. Just enable the My Menu item on the Main Menu via the Options menu.