SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 08-30-2005, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willgill
That's what I thought, I can't. Maybe I didn't make it clear enough I need to get back with just a remote. What would be great is a "Back" or "Close" in the left click menu. It would be also nice to be able to click these items.

I use Girder and the StreamZap. My Streamzap remote is setup pretty well and with the original STV I can get around fairly well. With this wonderful STV, I can do "just about" everything I need. I love the looks. I'm just hoping for a couple of features.
If you are using a remote, find the Back or Exit button and bind it to the SageTV Back command. There is not enough space to put buttons for things like that in the STV .
Old 08-30-2005, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1abrams
Well I just started using this STV on my newly rebuilt Sage Box running the latest v3 Beta.

I grabed the STV latest build on the evening of 8/28/2005.

I read through the first 17 pages of this thread looking for info, so sorry if this has been answered already.

1. What are all the icons mean. I figured out a Yellow Circle means it is currently being recorded, Stacked Red Circles means it is a Favorite, I recognize the "Watched" Icon and the "don't like" icon. Are their others?
2. I do not see an easy way to identify a "Manual Recording" when viewing a list of recordings? Am I missing something?
3. In post http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...3&postcount=45
You mention that Shows in the Recorded Screen should be grouped by title regardless of the Sort Type. However I only see shows grouped by Title if I sort by Title. If I sort by Date shows do not get grouped.

4. On places where you show a description of a show (Guide, Recordings, etc), if the decription is long the text scrolls OFF screen. This is because I am running at 4:3 resolution, if I window SageTV in a 16:9 resolution it is not a problem. I suspect a decent fix would be if we could reduce the amount of the show decription is displayed (via option) for us poor soles stuck in 4:3. I know this STV is for 16:9, but other than that it works great for 4:3, would be nice to have
While the STV may work in 4:3 it is only supported for 16:9. Some suggestions though would be to decrease some of your font sizes to compensate.

Grouping of titles only works in By Title mode. It would not work out too well in By Date mode.

Sounds like you know what all the icons mean already. There are no others that I can think of.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:29 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
Probably not but you can filter the guide to only show first runs.
Understood. That is kind of important to me as well as the new comskip stuff that Malore included. The upgrade has made vast improvements over the old comskip. I sure do like the look of this though and the tiki sounds are a very nice touch. Thanks for the info.
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 08-30-2005, 09:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
While the STV may work in 4:3 it is only supported for 16:9. Some suggestions though would be to decrease some of your font sizes to compensate.

Grouping of titles only works in By Title mode. It would not work out too well in By Date mode.

Sounds like you know what all the icons mean already. There are no others that I can think of.
Well By Date could work, if you treat the date of the "grouped show" as the date of the latest show in the group.

I will try to play with my font sizes to fix the run off issue, is it that hard to add an option to set the "max characters" of a description? I assume in your code you have some variable that defines how many characters of the description to show, is studio that hard to add a optional config for that variable? AGAIN wish Studio was open to everyone.

My other question I had about how to easily Identify a Manual recording vs. an IR?
Old 08-30-2005, 09:44 AM

Recordings are just recordings in SageMC. If you look at its details though you will see if it has the Manual Record or Series marker. To see what IR's are coming up though view by Suggestions in the Schedule.

Studio is tedious enough for me that managing multiple view types would not be fun. And I just do this for fun .
Old 08-30-2005, 09:57 AM

If anyone is using the Video Groups, I updated the latest dev build with a version that has a built in group editor. Bug fixes are also included.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:58 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Recordings are just recordings in SageMC. If you look at its details though you will see if it has the Manual Record or Series marker. To see what IR's are coming up though view by Suggestions in the Schedule.

Studio is tedious enough for me that managing multiple view types would not be fun. And I just do this for fun .
Oh I know you do this just for fun, I am actually jealous that you get to though. I would just roll my own if I had access to Studio. That said I am not asking for a whole new view, just the ability to limit how many characters is shown before truncating the description. Maybe it is that Studio does not give you the grainualirty to control that without doing ALOT more work. I would not know, not having access to studio. Have I mentioned I would like access to studio
Old 08-30-2005, 04:57 PM
Sage Icon

Why not use your "Exit" button as a "back" button? What are you currently using that button for?

Oops, didn't realize there was another page of posts...sorry for restating the obvious...

Last edited by geogecko; 08-30-2005 at 04:59 PM.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

Not sure if I am missing something. But is the only indication in this STV that you have a recording confict is if you go and specifically check the conflicts filter. Is there no way to have an icon show up on other pages.

Also I went back to see if I could determine if a show was a manual recording or IR, but their is no indication. Am I missing something here too?
Old 08-30-2005, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1abrams
Not sure if I am missing something. But is the only indication in this STV that you have a recording confict is if you go and specifically check the conflicts filter. Is there no way to have an icon show up on other pages.

Also I went back to see if I could determine if a show was a manual recording or IR, but their is no indication. Am I missing something here too?
Manual Recording will have the red circle icon. IR will have nothing. Conflicts are handled very differently. Pretty much mimmicing what is done in MCE. You always can see what is and what is not going to record. No other warnings come up and it lets your priority setting for Series handle the rest.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

You know I have several shows that are set as manual recordings however no Red circle appears. I have even hit "record" on shows that are IR recordings to see if a red circle appears.

The only indication I can tell is the "Record Series" changes to "Record Settings".

P.S. I changed my default font size from 18 to 16 and that seems to prevent the text scrolling off screen in 4:3.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:46 PM

Do you ever see the icons? Get the latest Dev STV from the first post. I moved the icons around a bit to keep them from getting pushed off the screen in extreme cases. Since you are having sizing issues maybe every case is an extreme case for you .
Old 08-30-2005, 06:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Do you ever see the icons? Get the latest Dev STV from the first post. I moved the icons around a bit to keep them from getting pushed off the screen in extreme cases. Since you are having sizing issues maybe every case is an extreme case for you .
I see the stacked red circles, the single yellow circle, the "watched" icon, and the "don't like" icon
Old 08-30-2005, 07:02 PM

I think you found a bug. I will fix and update. Thanks!
Old 08-30-2005, 07:13 PM

OK, I updated the Dev build. It was mostly a bug. Basically if it was not a complete recording (like half a show for testing) it would not show the icon. Now it shows it if it is a piece or a whole.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
OK, I updated the Dev build. It was mostly a bug. Basically if it was not a complete recording (like half a show for testing) it would not show the icon. Now it shows it if it is a piece or a whole.
Cool I will grab the latest dev build tom. and test it. Thanks.

Going to bed now.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

Last night I attempted to get the off line videos working, and while it works great for the most part, for some reason not all of my off line videos show up. It's weird.

90% of my collection appeared fine. Trying to track it down I checked the Offline videos foler I created and SageMCE populated, and I found that all of the missing movies show up in the folder, but they are all 0 kb files, with no extension and the cover art was not copied to the folder.

These movies were never imported into my video library before. The only thing I can guess (which just came to me as I'm writing this ) is that some of the titles contained a ":" like X-Men 2: X-men United. Could this be the culprit?
Old 08-31-2005, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcuoco
Last night I attempted to get the off line videos working, and while it works great for the most part, for some reason not all of my off line videos show up. It's weird.

90% of my collection appeared fine. Trying to track it down I checked the Offline videos foler I created and SageMCE populated, and I found that all of the missing movies show up in the folder, but they are all 0 kb files, with no extension and the cover art was not copied to the folder.

These movies were never imported into my video library before. The only thing I can guess (which just came to me as I'm writing this ) is that some of the titles contained a ":" like X-Men 2: X-men United. Could this be the culprit?
That absolutely could be a problem. However, I think I can fixt it to get around that. I think Stanger has a SafeTitle call that will allow me to remove bad characters from filenames.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:08 PM
Sage Expert

fixes

Quote:
That absolutely could be a problem. However, I think I can fixt it to get around that. I think Stanger has a SafeTitle call that will allow me to remove bad characters from filenames.
changes... ew cool! Any chance of getting the first run icons added to the show lists.
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 08-31-2005, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
changes... ew cool! Any chance of getting the first run icons added to the show lists.
No I am pretty picky about keeping the UI neat and clean. But I might change my mind someday.

Last edited by mlbdude; 08-31-2005 at 01:51 PM.