SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 08-31-2005, 04:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
That absolutely could be a problem. However, I think I can fixt it to get around that. I think Stanger has a SafeTitle call that will allow me to remove bad characters from filenames.
Yup, here's the regex: "[^a-zA-Z0-9$()#_'`~@{}%! &-]" For those of you less familiar with regular expressions than I, basically it will remove any character except:
  • Letters
  • Numbers
  • These special characters: $()#_'`~@{}%! &-

FWIW, my intention with the two functions (GetTitle and GetSafeTitle) was to use GetSafeTitle for matching to the file system file/directory name, and then use GetTitle to retain the fancy characters for display.
Old 08-31-2005, 05:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well I least I know I'm not going crazy. It sounds like the issue can be fixed, so I won't have to modify the names in my DB.

Thanks mlbdude and Stanger for your great work and quick responses.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcuoco
Well I least I know I'm not going crazy. It sounds like the issue can be fixed, so I won't have to modify the names in my DB.

Thanks mlbdude and Stanger for your great work and quick responses.
I updated the Dev build in the first post with some new code that will hopefully take care of this.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:56 AM
Sage Expert

Thanks for the channel logos mlb, really nice!

Have you changed the background buttons in my music? I'm pretty sure that they now look 'shiney'. Nice touch if you have. If not, I'm starting to lose it!
Old 09-01-2005, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmgranger
Thanks for the channel logos mlb, really nice!

Have you changed the background buttons in my music? I'm pretty sure that they now look 'shiney'. Nice touch if you have. If not, I'm starting to lose it!
They have changed. Also the Now Playing look for music has changed to in the Preview area.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:03 AM
Sage Expert

Minor issues...

Quote:
I updated the Dev build in the first post with some new code that will hopefully take care of this.
I am hoping that you can say the same with the following...

In My Movies, would it be possible to add the following...

1. As you have done with TV Recordings, add an 'All Unwatched' sort?
2. In the Movies section, when sorting by title, when specific titles are grouped, the 'Watched' icon does not show up until you drill down into the airings...
3. I realize that the WRS section was 'added', but has anyone else noticed that the autoscale function for text has not been included; text for buttones is not being scaled to fit the size allotted?

-Jason
Old 09-01-2005, 12:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Thanks! I'll give it a try and report back.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:01 PM
Sage Expert

just tried your stv again

I think I may have gotten this before too. I extracted the files directly into the sagetv folder. I'm sure I am missing something?
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 09-01-2005, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
I think I may have gotten this before too. I extracted the files directly into the sagetv folder. I'm sure I am missing something?
Looks like they were not extracted properly. Make sure all is where it is supposed to be.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

The latest Dev build fixed the import problem. Thanks!
Old 09-01-2005, 11:27 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Looks like they were not extracted properly. Make sure all is where it is supposed to be.
hmmm
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 09-02-2005, 08:02 PM
Sage Icon

mlbdude (or others).

Is there a setting somewhere that tells when the STV should go look for the .TXT file that contains the commercial data for a show? I'm trying to use SA, and everything works perfectly, for shows that have been recorded, and stored to the hard drive, however, I have DirMon installed, and processing commercials "live," so that when a TV show is paused for a while, the commercials are being detected "on the fly" so that when I resume, if there were any commercials, they are flagged in the .TXT file. Problem is, is that it seems that something is wrong, because no matter how long I pause a show, the commercials are not removed (flagged), and I don't know if the STV is reloading the .TXT file or not. Is there a time setting for this somewhere?
Old 09-03-2005, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
mlbdude (or others).

Is there a setting somewhere that tells when the STV should go look for the .TXT file that contains the commercial data for a show? I'm trying to use SA, and everything works perfectly, for shows that have been recorded, and stored to the hard drive, however, I have DirMon installed, and processing commercials "live," so that when a TV show is paused for a while, the commercials are being detected "on the fly" so that when I resume, if there were any commercials, they are flagged in the .TXT file. Problem is, is that it seems that something is wrong, because no matter how long I pause a show, the commercials are not removed (flagged), and I don't know if the STV is reloading the .TXT file or not. Is there a time setting for this somewhere?
I am not sure exactly how comskip works but I think the version in here only looks for it once.
Old 09-03-2005, 07:50 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I am not sure exactly how comskip works but I think the version in here only looks for it once.
Man, that stinks. Can we look at a version that has a setting for updating? Do you know who to contact about it?

It's a really nice feature, say for this example.

I get home at 6:00, and my wife and I typically watch a show that comes on at 7:00, but she doesn't get home until 7:30. I will probably have it set to record the show. When she gets home, we can start watching it, and if the comskip checked for updates every minute or so, we would have instant commercial skipping, even for a show that's still being recorded.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:27 AM

ToxMox added the code to this version. Maybe he will do it again? I don't plan on putting any work into it though.
Old 09-03-2005, 02:02 PM
SageTVaholic

geogecko

There is no setting for it. When you use an STV that rechecks the txt file it just rechecks it every few seconds. I absolutely love this STV, but no longer use it because it doesn't recheck the .txt file.

I'm stuck using the v3 original stv with the comskip import for now. I'm still hoping someone updates this STV's comskip support someday.

Last edited by blade; 09-03-2005 at 02:26 PM.
Old 09-03-2005, 09:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
That absolutely could be a problem. However, I think I can fixt it to get around that. I think Stanger has a SafeTitle call that will allow me to remove bad characters from filenames.

Any update on this? I am losing about 150 of my titles and they all have a : in the title.
Old 09-04-2005, 06:02 AM

Problem seems to have been fixed. Did you try the Dev build?
Old 09-05-2005, 05:21 PM
Sage User

Hi Guys

Just upgraded to V3 and immediately added this STV which I loved from V2.

Just one question though. I have almost 300 DVDs which I keep on external hard drives. I use DVD profiler and Sage shows them all in My Videos perfectly. However, it takes me forever to scroll from one end to the other as you can imagine. Any chance that we will be able to jump to a specific letter using the remote or buttons on the screen?? Would be great to be able to jump to M if I knew I wanted to watch the Matrix for example.

Thanks and great job!!!!
Old 09-05-2005, 06:48 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
ToxMox added the code to this version. Maybe he will do it again? I don't plan on putting any work into it though.
I contacted ToxMox via PM, and asked him/her some questions...I'll post back here (or possibly, (s)he will post in here), when I hear from him/her.