SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-05-2005, 06:57 PM
Sage Icon

I'm a him BTW. I don't usually follow this thread since I don't use this STV. If I do put the updated code in I'd need to make sure I'm editing the very most recent version of the STV so mlbdude doesn't get screwed up by me updating comskip code in an older STV than one he may have in production.
Old 09-05-2005, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
I'm a him BTW. I don't usually follow this thread since I don't use this STV. If I do put the updated code in I'd need to make sure I'm editing the very most recent version of the STV so mlbdude doesn't get screwed up by me updating comskip code in an older STV than one he may have in production.
The current Dev build fro mthe first post is the latest version. I am sure you will make a few people happy by doing that.
Old 09-05-2005, 07:22 PM
Sage Icon

OK cool. I'm not sure when I'll get around to it. If you happen to decide to start making changes would you mind just shooting me a PM if you happen to think of it. I'd appreciate it.
Old 09-06-2005, 12:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

I know LaurenGlenn wrote code to do the refresh of the commercial detection txt file. I heard it works great and would love to see it put into this STV, it would make it complete in my eyes.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:49 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
Need some quick tests of Offline Video content. This will only work if you have\user a DVDProfile master collection XML file. After you get the test STV in place (just replace your existing SageMC_169.stv, close Sage do the below setup.
Where do I get a copy of this program. I searched google and a million programs with very similar names come up.
Thanks

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix
Old 09-08-2005, 07:58 AM
Sage Icon

Right here: http://www.intervocative.com/Downloads.aspx
Old 09-08-2005, 08:07 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheemer
Thanks. I took a look at the website. Couldn't find any information about the differences between the free and pay version. Anyone know what the differences are?

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix
Old 09-08-2005, 08:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Pay version gets you no adds, better coverart basically.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:21 AM

episode number

Is there in way to display the episode number with this STV? When I have a bunch of recordings of shows, I like to watch them sequentially, but I can't find how to see this. I tried searching, but to no avail.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:46 PM
Sage Icon

Using DVDProfiler to provide meta data on my ripped DVD's, using the collection.xml file.

I'm getting all the meta data, except the pictures.

I do most of my ripping (CD's and DVD's) on another computer which has DVDProfiler on it, not the HTPC. So, I'm exporting my xml file to the HTPC, but the images are on the local computer.

What's the best way to go about getting the images to show up? I am trying to share the DVDProfiler program director on the local PC, and will see if the HTPC can then pull the images, but I'm not sure this will work...
Old 09-09-2005, 06:13 PM
SageTVaholic

I don't think mlb has put anything in to import/copy the pictures yet.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:41 PM
Sage Icon

Oh, but wasn't this working with the old SageMC? It's this way with V3 now?

That's fine if it is, I just didn't know it wasn't integrated into V3 yet.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:44 PM

Only offline DVD's get the images from DVD Profiler now. I am waiting on some IMDB stuff for images and will do the DVD Profiler mods for images imported DVD's. Until then, just drop the folder.jpg to the right folder and it will show up in SageMC.
Old 09-10-2005, 07:57 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Only offline DVD's get the images from DVD Profiler now. I am waiting on some IMDB stuff for images and will do the DVD Profiler mods for images imported DVD's. Until then, just drop the folder.jpg to the right folder and it will show up in SageMC.
Would that be the D://DVD/Movie Name/VIDEO_TS folder, or the D://DVD/Movie Name folder? Thanks.
Old 09-10-2005, 08:22 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Hey all, been gone for a week. Some updates...

... The ability to look in the local folder is also going to come back at some point for those that manually created them....
Hi mlbdude,
any luck with this one ? Just installed the b7, but no meta information showing for me ;-)

For it to work for me with a general collection.xml i've to either
- rename all my movies (not really nice, messing up other stuff like subtitles)
or
- end up with really strange titles in the My Videos section (as I would have to set the <title> part in collection.xml to the strange filenames my movie files are named.

Thanks.
Old 09-10-2005, 08:24 AM
Sage User

What does actually happen with the imported movie info, as i understand it now gets actually read into sage db ?
Is there a way to clean this db or does it pile up with everything you ever imported ?

cheers
Sweep
Old 09-10-2005, 08:46 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweep
Hi mlbdude,
any luck with this one ? Just installed the b7, but no meta information showing for me ;-)

For it to work for me with a general collection.xml i've to either
- rename all my movies (not really nice, messing up other stuff like subtitles)
or
- end up with really strange titles in the My Videos section (as I would have to set the <title> part in collection.xml to the strange filenames my movie files are named.

Thanks.
Couldn't you just put the movie file in a folder, and name the folder the name that is in DVDPro? You'll have to do one or the other, to allow it to know which movie goes with what meta data, there's no way around it.

I've found that DVDPro really likes to put as much in the title as possible. I don't like that. I just remove the extension it places on the title, and usually have to rename the title in DVDPro, to get a short name, that just contains the title...
Old 09-10-2005, 09:03 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Couldn't you just put the movie file in a folder, and name the folder the name that is in DVDPro?
Unfortunately this doesnt work either. Just placed a movie file in the folder named 'test', set the <title> part for a movie in collection.xml to 'test', but when clicking import from DVDProfiler I get 'No Entries in External DB matching <moviefilename>'.
Only when setting the <title> part to the actual movie filename it shows up.

It used to work with individual xml files placed just besides the actual moviefile (same name) as with the picture (folder.jpg) files.

Perhaps a tag <fileName> in the collection.xml per movie which the profiler import module can understand would work as well (stanger?) ?

cheers
Old 09-10-2005, 09:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Would that be the D://DVD/Movie Name/VIDEO_TS folder, or the D://DVD/Movie Name folder? Thanks.
For DVDs, the folder.jpg needs to be in the VIDEO_TS folder.

Quote:
What does actually happen with the imported movie info, as i understand it now gets actually read into sage db ?
When Sage finds a video, it creates a db entry for it, what I assume mlb is doing (since this is what I did in my test STV) is to simply replace the Sage generated data with the DVD Profiler data. Nothing new is created, what's there is just modified.

When you run the import you'll see on that page, the left side is what's in the Sage db the right side is what's in DVD Profiler.
Old 09-10-2005, 10:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Andy, if you're watching, perhaps this would be best in the DVD Profiler thread?

I honestly haven't been paying close attention

Quote:
Unfortunately this doesnt work either. Just placed a movie file in the folder named 'test', set the <title> part for a movie in collection.xml to 'test', but when clicking import from DVDProfiler I get 'No Entries in External DB matching <moviefilename>'.
Only when setting the <title> part to the actual movie filename it shows up.
I think the issue is that DVDs, and non-DVDs work a little differently in Sage. Sage imports DVDs based on folder name (since the filenames are always the same, VIDEO_TS.IFO etc). non-DVDs are imported by filename, since they have unique filenames. That would be why you can't put non-DVDs in a folder.

Quote:
It used to work with individual xml files placed just besides the actual moviefile (same name) as with the picture (folder.jpg) files.
It looks like when mlb reworked the DVD Profiler stuff, it no longer looks for local XMLs.

Quote:
Perhaps a tag <fileName> in the collection.xml per movie which the profiler import module can understand would work as well (stanger?) ?

cheers
The problem with that is there is no such tag in the DVD Profiler export, and I'm not really big on adding stuff to an externally defined format. If it were my format, there'd be no problem, but it's not.

Could you post the filename and associated film name from DVD Profiler of one of those that doesn't show up?