SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-10-2005, 10:14 AM
Sage Icon

I've been trying for the last few hours to get the comskip code right and am having problems. I'm pretty much giving up for now. Maybe nielm would consider putting the latest comskip code in here. Sorry guys.
Old 09-10-2005, 10:34 AM
Sage Icon

Nevermind. I figured it out. Here is the zip file:
http://www.dandyfine.com/SageMCUpdatedComskip.zip
Old 09-10-2005, 10:37 AM
Sage Icon

BTW please test my upload thoroughly before integrating it as the new SageMC. Like make sure everything else still works.
Old 09-10-2005, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweep
Hi mlbdude,
any luck with this one ? Just installed the b7, but no meta information showing for me ;-)

For it to work for me with a general collection.xml i've to either
- rename all my movies (not really nice, messing up other stuff like subtitles)
or
- end up with really strange titles in the My Videos section (as I would have to set the <title> part in collection.xml to the strange filenames my movie files are named.

Thanks.
I am probably not going to add back individual XML reading. For your situation I would suggest renaming them manually in SageMC and/or using IMDB.
Old 09-11-2005, 07:43 AM
Sage User

allright, tried the imdb lookup and it actually works pretty good (specially with the numeric text input)!
thanks.
Old 09-11-2005, 07:54 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89
The problem with that is there is no such tag in the DVD Profiler export, and I'm not really big on adding stuff to an externally defined format. If it were my format, there'd be no problem, but it's not.

Could you post the filename and associated film name from DVD Profiler of one of those that doesn't show up?
The filenames vary a lot usually something like fi 'Office.Space.xvid.ac3.DVDRip.disk1.avi'.

The (manual) imdb lookup actually is working fine. Instead of first looking up the movie myself and generating an xml and folder.jpg, I now do the lookup on-the-fly using the remote whenever I need the info.

Cheers
Old 09-11-2005, 09:17 AM

As far as I can tell, the new comskip stuff works. I watched a show that was recording while Show Analyzer was running, and it was reloading the .txt file as it went.
Old 09-11-2005, 12:45 PM
Sage Icon

Downloading now, thanks ToxMox...

Oh, I put the folder.jpg in the movie name folder, not the VIDEO_TS folder, and it seems to be working that way...
Old 09-11-2005, 07:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

The comskip support seems to work great, as does everything else. Thanks so much for adding that code, makes watching timeshifted TV commercial free.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:36 AM
Sage Icon

LOL, I was going to test it on the Discovery channel show, "The Flight That Fought Back," and guess what? It was commercial free to begin with!

I'll for sure find something on tonight to try it out.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:21 PM
Sage Fanatic

Is there a way to turn off the animated/sliding graphics on the latest version of this stv? They don't move so smoothly on my MVP's and they are a little distracting to me... thanks!
Old 09-14-2005, 03:37 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman
Is there a way to turn off the animated/sliding graphics on the latest version of this stv? They don't move so smoothly on my MVP's and they are a little distracting to me... thanks!
Actually, I've been meaning to ask about the sound effects. My wife is about to drive me crazy because of the "Back" sound. Also, when she falls asleep on the couch, any time I hit "Back" it wakes her up!

Is there a way to change the sounds, or eliminate them? I like the little clicking one, just not the "Back" sound.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:47 PM
Sage Fanatic

I agree.. those little touches make the geek in us all very giggly.. but they should be options, if possible, since we all have different levels of geek in us.. None of us want the Wife driving us crazy!!
Old 09-14-2005, 04:58 PM

There is a sounds folder under the SageMCE. Feel free to delete or replace them. Check the first post for details on how to disable animations. I think around SageMC_169_5_b1.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:37 PM
Sage Icon

Hmm...I could get creative with that...or does that bring out the geek side in me?
Old 09-14-2005, 10:30 PM
Sage Expert

options...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman
I agree.. those little touches make the geek in us all very giggly.. but they should be options, if possible, since we all have different levels of geek in us.. None of us want the Wife driving us crazy!!
1st run icons everywhere should be an 'option' also don't ya think? Then I could start using my favorite STV
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 09-15-2005, 10:32 AM
Sage Icon

Hmm...paused a show last night, for about 25 minutes, and came back to the show, and none of the commercials had been detected. I'm running the latest STV file (at least, the one that ToxMox uploaded), and the latest versions of DirMon and SA.

Any ideas? I think all my settings in DirMon and SA are correct. I'll have to check them later tonight.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:55 PM
Sage Icon

Does anyone have FF and REW working well with this STV? I have a Harmony 880, and I can't determine if it's the remote's problem, or if I need to change some settings to get this to work better.

Right now, I have FF and REW set to "smooth FF and REW", but if I hold down REW, I never get anywhere (backwards, that is). I have REPLAY and SKIP set to the longer "FF and REW" in Sage. This skips either 15 or 30 seconds at a time, but I don't remember which.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm using the smooth FF/RW just about every time I watch TV.

Try re-learning the IR in Sage. I found a couple of my buttons weren't working right anymore, and relearning the commands cleared it right up.
Old 09-17-2005, 12:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by src666
I'm using the smooth FF/RW just about every time I watch TV.

Try re-learning the IR in Sage. I found a couple of my buttons weren't working right anymore, and relearning the commands cleared it right up.
Thank you, I'll give that a try...