SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-17-2005, 12:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSGuy
As far as I can tell, the new comskip stuff works. I watched a show that was recording while Show Analyzer was running, and it was reloading the .txt file as it went.
Did this really work for you? I installed the new .STV file, by closing Sage, deleting the old SageMC16x9.STV (naming may not be correct), and then copying the new .STV file to the SageTV/SageTV directory, and renamed it to the default SageMC16x9.STV.

I've tried several things, pausing live TV, and starting to watch a recording in progress, but I don't ever get "live" commercial detection.

I have DirMon and SA set up correctly, but it still doesn't seem to be working...
Old 09-17-2005, 06:45 PM
Sage User

I like this stv but I don't have a 16x9 screen. The regular sage menus fit correctly but the stv screens are too wide. Is that just the way it is or is there a setting I can change?
Old 09-17-2005, 07:53 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
I've tried several things, pausing live TV, and starting to watch a recording in progress, but I don't ever get "live" commercial detection.
If you are using 0.5.9 you should upgrade to 0.5.10 to fix this.

Jere
Old 09-17-2005, 08:42 PM
Sage Icon

Jere, do you have ESP or something? Strange. I am getting ready to try it right now.

Thanks!
Old 09-18-2005, 06:16 AM
Sage Expert

It must be all of those ESPN channels
Old 09-18-2005, 07:03 PM
Sage Icon

First time I've seen dagar over here!

Well, um...darn it. I thought the new .10 version of SA would fix the problem of commercial detection of timeshifted TV, but it seems to not have.

I was trying it out last night, and let a show get about 6-10 minutes ahead (and even happened to pause it about a minute before a commercial), and still got no live detection.

Has anyone else verified that ToxMox's code is working on their system? Only one other person reported it to have worked.

Also, mlbdude, are you going to integrate his changes into your next STV release?

Thanks for the help...
Old 09-18-2005, 07:09 PM
Sage Icon

geogecko. It works fine for me too. Have you verified that SA is actually getting run by dirmon at these times and that a txt file exists by pulling up the Task Manager while watching a show. If it isn't running at all then it is a DirMon setting most likely or if you are using the webserver features of SA make sure you didn't set something in there to not scan during certain times.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:12 PM
Sage Icon

You can test my code by taking a show that you know has been scanned then turn off dirmon and SA etc. Then move the txt commercial file into another folder somewhere on your drive. Then in Sage start watching the recording. Then while the show is playing bring up Windows explorer doing the old Windows key +E then drag the txt file back into its folder and you should almost instantly notice the commercial breaks appear if you hit info in Sage.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
geogecko. It works fine for me too. Have you verified that SA is actually getting run by dirmon at these times and that a txt file exists by pulling up the Task Manager while watching a show. If it isn't running at all then it is a DirMon setting most likely or if you are using the webserver features of SA make sure you didn't set something in there to not scan during certain times.
Hmm...not seeing SA as a process while a show is running... I'm posting in Jere's thread about my settings, to see if I have one that is not correct or something.

Thanks for verifying that it works though. It's probably a DM setting, since I'm not seeing it running. From the log, it looks like it was only being run every 5 minutes, which is what I have the setting "check every ? minutes set for."
Old 09-18-2005, 08:00 PM
Sage User

How do you get color coded cells in the program guide? I see other stv's have colored cells. Is this something that we can change or is it hard coded into the stv?
Old 09-18-2005, 09:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
This is fixed in my current build. Just waiting to get some time to finish the part I am working on then will release it.
Hey mldude - I read this in post 258. Do you know which 'build' you are referring to here? Im on Sage 2.2.8 and SageMC 16x9 v.4 and still have this issue. Like fieldeffect has mentioned its not a huge problem, but definitely irritating. I dont mind switch to a newer stv but I thought I had the latest. Thanks!

Great work btw.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicky
How do you get color coded cells in the program guide? I see other stv's have colored cells. Is this something that we can change or is it hard coded into the stv?
Like most items in this STV it is handled by images not not primitive shapes. Best you do do would be to create a new theme image package.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by judoGTI
Hey mldude - I read this in post 258. Do you know which 'build' you are referring to here? Im on Sage 2.2.8 and SageMC 16x9 v.4 and still have this issue. Like fieldeffect has mentioned its not a huge problem, but definitely irritating. I dont mind switch to a newer stv but I thought I had the latest. Thanks!

Great work btw.
It is probably fixed in the latest beta release. Once 3.x is stable enough for you would I recomend upgrading. Not only does the new STV have bug fixes but lots of new features.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:07 PM
Sage Expert

Arrow what directory?

I get squashy graphiics on this STV. I'm sure I don't have everything in the right places. Could someone post the complete package for this STV in one file and tell me what directory to extract it all too (overwritting what is there). This one doesn't appear to load correctly from within
"C:\Program Files\Frey Technologies\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3" or
"C:\Program Files\Frey Technologies\SageTV\STVs\OriginalV2"

I am not clear what to download where? If it were a single zip with instructions on where to put it I think I could figure out what I have done wrong. Thanks
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 09-19-2005, 04:12 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
I get squashy graphiics on this STV. I'm sure I don't have everything in the right places. Could someone post the complete package for this STV in one file and tell me what directory to extract it all too (overwritting what is there). This one doesn't appear to load correctly from within
"C:\Program Files\Frey Technologies\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3" or
"C:\Program Files\Frey Technologies\SageTV\STVs\OriginalV2"

I am not clear what to download where? If it were a single zip with instructions on where to put it I think I could figure out what I have done wrong. Thanks
You want to scroll down to the bottom of the first post, just before the pictures (screenshots).

Download the SageMC169 Ver 5 Beta 7 zip file first, and then the Latest Dev Build second.

You should be using SageTV 3.0 with this STV, so your installation directory should be:
C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\

Double click on the first zip file, click extract (I use WinZip, because I got tired of WinXP's built-in zipping utility), in the location to extract to, browse to the above directory, and make sure the preserve folder structure option is checked, then click extract (note the DOUBLE SageTV folder). When asked to overwrite, click yes.

The reason for the latest development build of the STV file only, is because he is (or was) changing the build on a fairly regular basis, so that provides a faster upgrade, until something else is needed to make changes.

Then, double click on the second file, and extract it to the same location as before. It will overwrite the existing file (the previous one you unzipped).

You should be good to go then.
Old 09-19-2005, 04:13 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicky
I like this stv but I don't have a 16x9 screen. The regular sage menus fit correctly but the stv screens are too wide. Is that just the way it is or is there a setting I can change?
Not sure what you are talking about here. I'm using this STV on a 4:3 screen (SDTV), and am not having issues.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:47 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
You want to scroll down to the bottom of the first post, just before the pictures (screenshots).

Download the SageMC169 Ver 5 Beta 7 zip file first, and then the Latest Dev Build second.

You should be using SageTV 3.0 with this STV, so your installation directory should be:
C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\

Double click on the first zip file, click extract (I use WinZip, because I got tired of WinXP's built-in zipping utility), in the location to extract to, browse to the above directory, and make sure the preserve folder structure option is checked, then click extract (note the DOUBLE SageTV folder). When asked to overwrite, click yes.

The reason for the latest development build of the STV file only, is because he is (or was) changing the build on a fairly regular basis, so that provides a faster upgrade, until something else is needed to make changes.

Then, double click on the second file, and extract it to the same location as before. It will overwrite the existing file (the previous one you unzipped).

You should be good to go then.
My directory is frey technologies (probably because that is what it found when installing 3.0). So I'm not sure what to do in that case. I think if you upgrade from 2.0 to 3.0.7 without doing a fresh install, then it just puts it where 2.0 was. I give.
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 09-19-2005, 06:42 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
My directory is frey technologies (probably because that is what it found when installing 3.0). So I'm not sure what to do in that case. I think if you upgrade from 2.0 to 3.0.7 without doing a fresh install, then it just puts it where 2.0 was. I give.
If that's the case, then the directory should be:

C:\Program Files\Frey Technologies\SageTV\

Tell WinZip to extract the files there, keeping directory structure, of course.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:44 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
If that's the case, then the directory should be:

C:\Program Files\Frey Technologies\SageTV\

Tell WinZip to extract the files there, keeping directory structure, of course.
yep, did that... still graphics are all squashed together
-- Snoopy
Old 09-19-2005, 06:46 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
yep, did that... still graphics are all squashed together
Can you do a screenshot, and post it here?