SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-19-2005, 06:53 PM
Sage Icon

Does the normal Sage STV look fine?
Old 09-20-2005, 08:31 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
You can test my code by taking a show that you know has been scanned then turn off dirmon and SA etc. Then move the txt commercial file into another folder somewhere on your drive. Then in Sage start watching the recording. Then while the show is playing bring up Windows explorer doing the old Windows key +E then drag the txt file back into its folder and you should almost instantly notice the commercial breaks appear if you hit info in Sage.
Did this this morning before I left.

I recorded a show last night, and watched it, with the commercial detection. This morning, I closed SageTV out, opened DirMon, and selected "Stop Processing." Then, I reopened SageTV. I then cut and pasted the .txt file for that show, into the directory just below the place where Sage keeps recordings. I then started watching the show, obviously without commercial detection. After about 30 seconds, I cut and pasted the file back to the original location. After 3 minutes had gone by, I still did not have commercial detection (hitting the info button did not show any commercial breaks).

Now I have no idea what is going on...

As another test, I plan on doing the following:

Later in the week, I should be able to watch a recording in progress, and see if DirMon is having SA check the file for commercials. That probably will not be until late in the week, or the weekend though.

Last edited by geogecko; 09-20-2005 at 08:34 AM.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:35 AM
Sage Icon

So now a follow up on what you just tried. I'm curious. Did you immediately after this try stopping the recording and playing it again to see if the breaks showed up? If they didn't then you may have pasted it back to the wrong place or pasted an empty txt file or something.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:45 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox
So now a follow up on what you just tried. I'm curious. Did you immediately after this try stopping the recording and playing it again to see if the breaks showed up? If they didn't then you may have pasted it back to the wrong place or pasted an empty txt file or something.
Did not try playing the recording again after stopping it, but that is something to try.

Pretty sure I pasted it back correctly, I just cut from it's current location, up one directory, and pasted it, then the reverse for putting it back. I was very careful.

I'll give the other part a try, maybe tonight.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to acrowe Send a message via MSN to acrowe Send a message via Yahoo to acrowe
I set mine up last night with the toxmox code and it worked without a problem. I was able to see the commercial detects as they progressed. Took me a miniute to realise that they were black as opposed to the purple they are/were once they have been fully processed
Old 09-20-2005, 10:26 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrowe
I set mine up last night with the toxmox code and it worked without a problem. I was able to see the commercial detects as they progressed. Took me a miniute to realise that they were black as opposed to the purple they are/were once they have been fully processed
Can you please post your complete DirMon and SA settings, and also, what you were doing to get the commercial detection while live TV was playing (just pausing live TV, or did you start watching a show that was scheduled to record, before it ended). Screenshots of your DM and SA settings might be easier.

I'm just stumped why I'm the only one that isn't getting this working...
Old 09-20-2005, 10:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to acrowe Send a message via MSN to acrowe Send a message via Yahoo to acrowe
Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Can you please post your complete DirMon and SA settings, and also, what you were doing to get the commercial detection while live TV was playing (just pausing live TV, or did you start watching a show that was scheduled to record, before it ended). Screenshots of your DM and SA settings might be easier.

I'm just stumped why I'm the only one that isn't getting this working...
I was doing it on a previously recorded show (not live TV). When I get home tonight I'll take some screen caps and check the live TV thing.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:01 AM
Sage Icon

But previously recorded (meaning the recording is over) wouldn't be a proof of ToxMox's code, since the .txt file would already have existed when Sage loaded the video file.

Or am I misunderstanding here? Also, thanks for doing that for me. I can't seem to figure out what is causing the problem.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:20 AM
Sage Icon

He may have his dirmon/SA setup configured to only scan shows when they aren't being recorded. I personally only scan when nothing is being recorded or watched or written to the hard drives. Since I'm usually watching yesterday's shows today they usually have all been scanned by the time I watch them.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:23 AM
Sage Icon

Geogecko. For real testing you should try getting this to work first using the Original V3 STV with the comskip import plugin. Once you've ironed out why your shows aren't scanning on time and you know everything is working properly then you should try it with the SageMC stv that I posted. I tested multiple times when I first did it by dropping a txt file in the folder as I was watching and everytime it instantly showed up so I'm not sure what is going on with your setup.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
But previously recorded (meaning the recording is over) wouldn't be a proof of ToxMox's code, since the .txt file would already have existed when Sage loaded the video file.

Or am I misunderstanding here? Also, thanks for doing that for me. I can't seem to figure out what is causing the problem.
I don't scan while recording right now (need more RAM first-its almost on order), what I did was delete the .txt file that SA had created after it scanned (it was on SG-1 from this past week so it was a 2 hour show). When I opened up the show in Sage it didn't have anything in the timeline. Then as I watched dirmon ran kicked off SA and I saw the black bar start to show up. THen it switched to green when it hit the show itself, then back to black as it detected commercials.

So yes the live detection works because sage is now reading the .txt live as opposed to the once every once and awhile it would do before.

At least that is my understanding.

So I tested it by:
1. Deleting the .txt SA file
2. Starting to watch the show in sage
3. Pause it
4. wait a few minutes to make sure Dirmon kicks off SA
5. Watch for the timeline to start having commercials detected

Some settings you might want to double check (these might have been mentioned before, I don't remember):
SA
In the Sage web intergration make sure that it is set to allow scanning when playing/recording

Dirmon
Make sure its allowed to scan while the drive is active (and if you want while the file is being written to
Old 09-20-2005, 11:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

Doh toxmox beat me to it

I'll still do screenshots if you want...
Old 09-20-2005, 02:30 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
In the Sage web intergration make sure that it is set to allow scanning when playing/recording
You know, Jere asked me about this too. I don't have that option activated (not currently using the web interface yet), so I don't have a setting. I think, what I might try doing, is checking that option, and make sure the options are set correctly.

The thing that bugs me, is why the STV isn't picking up a .txt file, as it's inserted after the show has been started. It sounds like something in my STV setup is not correct, or my installation is corrupt.

I think you have a point, about trying it with the import, ToxMox. I am not familiar with imports yet, so that will be something new.

Maybe I need to try reinstalling the Sage beta, and then reinstalling SageMC.

I think my first test, will be checking to see that DirMon is kicking off SA when it's supposed to. I will pause a show tonight, and go take a look at what DM is doing It is, however, my belief that I have two problems here, one, no live detection via DM and SA, and two, not getting a refresh of the .txt file.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

you know... another option you should check is that SA is outputting commercials as it finds them. Maybe that got unchecked somehow and it is just queueing the commercials and then when its done it dumps them all at once?
Old 09-20-2005, 07:09 PM
Sage Icon

Well, I at least know that DM or SA is not detecting commercials live now. A whole show recorded, and it wasn't until the end, that the .txt file appeared.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

yea sorry about that I wasn't able to do the caps last night.

It sounds like either the DirMon settings or the SA settings are set so it will only detect on a file that isn't being recorded to. It should be pretty easy to figure out the setting (there are like 2 or so in each program).

I will try my best tonight to take those caps...

Another "issue" I have is that after I installed the toxmox code my commercial segments are a blacklike color in the timeline as opposed to the purple they used to be. Any reason why this would have happened? (This is a WAF thing)
Old 09-21-2005, 12:18 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrowe
Another "issue" I have is that after I installed the toxmox code my commercial segments are a blacklike color in the timeline as opposed to the purple they used to be. Any reason why this would have happened? (This is a WAF thing)
You guys asked for the latest comskip code and thats what I gave you all. Somewhere along the line I forget who (lauren, nielm, or someone) changed the color from purple to the black color. I'm sure your wife will grow to accept this change If not I don't know what to tell ya.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:01 PM
Sage Icon

@ToxMox. LOL.

@acrowe.

I think it's a one step at a time thing. First, I would like to figure out why DM and SA are not working as they should. (Will be posting over on those threads, although I know Jere can get a little annoyed if I make the wrong decision on where to post...)

I will probably have to do some screen caps too, because I've tried telling Jere which settings I have, and he still has no suggestions, so I must be leaving something out...although a new digital camera will be at the house tonight...so I'm not sure how far I'll get. =)
Old 09-22-2005, 11:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

Yea no biggy the wife will figure it out

Tox looks like you got Dirmon problem figured out then?

Are you still having problems with the commercial detect?
Old 09-22-2005, 12:31 PM
Sage Icon

I found I missed one setting in DirMon. It causes it to never even run...

I forgot to put "txt" in the trigger location...

Then it's on to see if I can get Tox's code to work with me...