SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-27-2005, 01:04 PM

Those look good. Go look in your SageMCE folder and see if those folders exist.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:10 PM
Sage Expert

I've checked that but it still doesn't work for me. With other STV packages I have been able to simply extract the zip file into the stv folder, choose the stv from the setup, and everything works. That has not yet been the case for me with this one.
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 09-27-2005, 01:24 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
Those look good. Go look in your SageMCE folder and see if those folders exist.
I don't have a folder called MCE, BlueTwo, or BlueTwo Blue Steel

Folders I have inside of SageMCE are Images, Images_bt, Images_bt_m, Images_MC, Sounds, and weather.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:25 PM

This STV stands on its own and does not require what the others do. With a fresh install of v3 I can't get it to not work.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbywowdude
I don't have a folder called MCE, BlueTwo, or BlueTwo Blue Steel

Folders I have inside of SageMCE are Images, Images_bt, Images_bt_m, Images_MC, Sounds, and weather.
Those are correct. So you can load the STV and it works with the default theme but when you choose another it stops working?
Old 09-27-2005, 01:32 PM
Sage User

Correct, when I start sage with the SageMCE STV it works fine with the defalt theme but when I go to change the theme it goes to a black screen and locks up there but I am able to hit the windows key and exit out of sage and start it back up.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:41 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Correct, when I start sage with the SageMCE STV it works fine with the defalt theme but when I go to change the theme it goes to a black screen and locks up there but I am able to hit the windows key and exit out of sage and start it back up.
I think I remember trying to change themes too after one correct install and it has been black like your since. Maybe that's what set it off. Not sure.
The newest v7 release of SageTV, now a free upgrade for existing owners of SageTV, is a dream come true for any TV enthusiast. Combine it with Play-On for Netflix and Hulu (among others) and no stone has been left unturned. SageTV is TV done right!
-- Snoopy
Old 09-27-2005, 02:02 PM

Quote:
To test, when Sage is closed try deleting the contents of the images folder then copy in the contents of the images_bt folder. When changing themes that is all that happens and you may notice a .cmd file there that handles this for you.
Old 09-27-2005, 06:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
ui/themes/0/image_root=Images_MC
ui/themes/0/title=MCE
ui/themes/1/image_root=Images_bt
ui/themes/1/title=BlueTwo
ui/themes/2/image_root=Images_bt_m
ui/themes/2/title=BlueTwo Blue Steel

That is what I see in my sage properties about themes. Should it say anthing else?
That is correct. That's all you need for now. If you extract the zip somewhere you should see a SageMC_169_5_b7 folder with 5 folders and a .dtd file in it. Folders are com, net, STVs, DVDPro2Sage, and JARs. The file is SageMenu.DTD

Now grab all of 5 of these folders and the 1 file and copy them to your C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV. (DO NOT copy the SageMC_169_5_b7 folder anywhere. It's the folders and files inside you need. When you look in this directory you should already have these folders except for the DVDPro2Sage.

When it asks you do you want to overwrite answer yes to all. Now start up Sage and go to Detailed Setup-Advanced-SageTV Application Package. Browse and go up a directory into the OriginalV2 directory and choose SageMC_169.stv. If you've copied everything in the right directory you should also see the OriginalV2.stv in there too.

That should be all you need to do to get the theme working. After that you should be able to go in and pick a theme you want. Hope this helps.

If you're unzipping the file into Sage I think you need to unzip to the SageTV directory and tell it to use the directories. Don't unzip into the STV directory.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.

Last edited by gplasky; 09-27-2005 at 06:27 PM.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:58 PM
Sage User

Quote:
To test, when Sage is closed try deleting the contents of the images folder then copy in the contents of the images_bt folder. When changing themes that is all that happens and you may notice a .cmd file there that handles this for you.
hehe worked...

Thanks alot and I respect what you do for the sage community alot!

one more thing the theme that you took screen shots of on the first post. What is the folder that is in so I can put those files in the Images folder. Right now it is light blue and I would like it to be the dark blue.

Last edited by shibbywowdude; 09-27-2005 at 11:40 PM.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:51 AM

Quote:
hehe worked...

Thanks alot and I respect what you do for the sage community alot!

one more thing the theme that you took screen shots of on the first post. What is the folder that is in so I can put those files in the Images folder. Right now it is light blue and I would like it to be the dark blue.
That should be the Images_bt_m theme. I wonder if it is not a permissions issue with Sage launching the cmd file in your environment to copy the images. Are you using Sage as a service? If so what account is the service running under?
Old 09-28-2005, 01:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to acrowe Send a message via MSN to acrowe Send a message via Yahoo to acrowe
I found an interesting "bug" last night. I'm not sure if this happens in the original, but I figured I'd bring it up to people before I investigate more.

When I sort by title and have more than 1 episode of a show it groups them fine. When I go into the group and delete one of the shows it doesn't actually delete the listing. I have to back out and then it refreshes and doesn't show the group anymore. It does the same thing when I delete more than 1 of the episodes too (ie if there are 2 episodes it doesn't delete the listing for either, but if I go back to the recordings menu they are gone).

Anyone else seeing this behavior?
Old 09-28-2005, 02:00 PM
Sage User

Quote:
That should be the Images_bt_m theme. I wonder if it is not a permissions issue with Sage launching the cmd file in your environment to copy the images. Are you using Sage as a service? If so what account is the service running under?
Well sage is running under my user called "sagetv" as an application and my user "sagetv" that it is running under has full permissions to all my folders.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrowe
I found an interesting "bug" last night. I'm not sure if this happens in the original, but I figured I'd bring it up to people before I investigate more.

When I sort by title and have more than 1 episode of a show it groups them fine. When I go into the group and delete one of the shows it doesn't actually delete the listing. I have to back out and then it refreshes and doesn't show the group anymore. It does the same thing when I delete more than 1 of the episodes too (ie if there are 2 episodes it doesn't delete the listing for either, but if I go back to the recordings menu they are gone).

Anyone else seeing this behavior?
I have seen this also, but wasn't sure if it's a SageMC bug or a 3.0.x bug.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:10 PM
Sage Icon

Anyone getting a blurring effect after a commercial skip? I was running FSE, and had this happen tonight, then turned FSE off, restarted Sage, and everything was back to normal, until the first commercial skip.

It's kind of hard to describe, almost like having a very bad LCD monitor, if the camera moves too fast, or a person or object moves too fast, you get ghosting.

I'm not sure if this is a problem with Sage, STV, SA or what. Any suggestions? I'm using 3.0.7 if that matters.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Anyone getting a blurring effect after a commercial skip? I was running FSE, and had this happen tonight, then turned FSE off, restarted Sage, and everything was back to normal, until the first commercial skip.

It's kind of hard to describe, almost like having a very bad LCD monitor, if the camera moves too fast, or a person or object moves too fast, you get ghosting.

I'm not sure if this is a problem with Sage, STV, SA or what. Any suggestions? I'm using 3.0.7 if that matters.
It sounds like the ff/rw deinterlacing bug. It's been around for a long time. You can find more information about it here:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8831

v3.0.11 doesn't suffer from the problem so I'd suggest upgrading to the latest beta, unless there is a good reason for you to continue using the old one. If you continue using the old beta you'll have to either live with the bug or use the 9.0b quartz.dll that is discussed in the link above. If you go that route you'll have to disable FSE because it doesn't work with the 9.0b dll.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:38 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks for the link, and the information. I'll have to post-pone the upgrade to the weekend, so I can do a drive image before doing so. Can't risk losing PVR features doing an upgrade, otherwise WAF goes way down...
Old 09-30-2005, 10:46 PM
Sage Icon

I still have yet to get the channel logo's to work, not a big deal, but just wanted to see if anyone saw anything obvious.

epg/logo_dir=C\:\\Program Files\\SageTV\\SageTV\\ChannelLogos

Does that look right? My installation folder is actually different cases, \sagetv\SageTV..., if that matters.

I then have this set in the properties file:
mlbdude/show_channellogos_osd=true

But noticed there were some other set like this:
mlbdude/mm_sleep_enabled=true

I don't need the mm_ in front of the other one?

Oh, there aren't any channel logos in the folder? Do I need to put those in there, or where can I get them?

Oops, that would probably help...
Old 09-30-2005, 10:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
channel logos ... where can I get them?
Check out some links near the end of the List of available customizations.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-01-2005, 01:33 AM
Sage Icon

Thank you very much. I assume that it matches channel_logo.jpg to the call letters, or station name in the guide, right?

Can't wait to give these a try.