SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-01-2005, 07:37 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Thank you very much. I assume that it matches channel_logo.jpg to the call letters, or station name in the guide, right?

Can't wait to give these a try.
At least for the locals you might have to do a lot of renaming, probably for some of the network stuff too since the logo you see listed might not match what your provider calls the station/network.

The good news is that once you do all that work you probably won't have to do it again except to add any new stations. My provider, Comcast, just did a MAJOR shuffling of channel #'s moving things all around. Since they are tied to the channel name and not it's position in the lineup, once the re-org filtered down to the EPG all the logos followed the channels to their new "home".
Old 10-01-2005, 08:15 AM
Sage Icon

basically for WABC the logo file is WABC.jpg
Old 10-01-2005, 08:50 AM
Sage Icon

Good point. I guess once I get all the station names correct on the pictures, I'll just re-zip them, and put them with my SageTV downloads. That way, if something ever gets messed up, and I need to reinstall them, I won't have to go through renaming them all again.

Thanks for the help guys.

I still have not found out why the new updated comskip STV file is not working. I redownloaded it again, and copied it over the existing file (SageMC_169.stv)...

Could it have gotten broken in 3.0.11 somehow?
Old 10-01-2005, 04:00 PM
Sage Icon

Channel logos are cool. I'm only missing a few, maybe 10.

Anyone running 3.0.11 with ToxMox's updated STV, and have live commercial detection? I see that the txt file is being created, so I'm pretty sure DirMon and SA are working correctly. I wonder what would have broke the reloading of the txt file going to the new version of SageTV?

I've compared the "Latest Dev Build" file to ToxMox's file, and they are not the same size, so I'm guessing that mlbdude has not made the updated file on the first post. (I am using the updated one, just for clarity, just wanted to point that out about the .stv file.)
Old 10-01-2005, 04:16 PM
Sage Icon

I'm not sure I follow. Are you using the file from my post or the latest dev build file from the first post in this thread?

You can tell just by looking at the file dates on both downloads that mine has a date of 9/10 where the dev build is dated 8/31.

Have you had the problem on more than just one recording?
Old 10-01-2005, 08:58 PM
Sage Icon

I'm using yours. I did compare them as you did, but I went by file size. They differ by a few bytes.

I've had the problem on at least 3-4 recordings that I've tried. I've tried both just pausing live TV, and then starting a recording before it was finished (on this one, I get the commercials up to the point that it has recorded up to, but then it never detects any more after that point).

All my settings seem to be the same, as far as SageTV and the STV go. I haven't changed anything in DirMon or SA since the problem started occuring (when I upgraded to 3.0.11).

There was one other guy that said he got your code working, when I was having problems (found out it was a setting in DirMon), I wonder if he has upgraded yet...
Old 10-02-2005, 05:54 AM
Sage Icon

Ok. I'd like you to make a copy of the originalv3 and do properties on it and uncheck the read only attribute then select the originalv3 copy in Sage and import Nielm's comskip import into it and see if the problem happens with it as well.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:30 AM
Sage Icon

You mean SageTV3.stv, right?

[EDIT]

Okay, I made a copy of the above file, called it My_SageTV3.stv, and removed the read-only protection.

I have extracted the import to the proper location.

When I get back this afternoon, I will switch to the My_SageTV3.stv, and then do an import. I think there are some settings I may need to check (the ones that are added because of the import, correct?), and then I should be good to go, right?

This is the first time I've done an import, if you couldn't tell.

Last edited by geogecko; 10-02-2005 at 06:40 AM.
Old 10-02-2005, 07:53 AM
Sage Icon

I don't think you'll need to configure anything other than making sure auto comskip is enabled when you bring up the options dialog while playing a recording.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:21 PM
Sage Icon

Interesting. The import method works. I started live TV and paused a show, and then monitored the activity in the video folder from another computer, until I saw the txt file appear. Then, I waited about another 10 minutes, and went back to check on the show. I hit info, and the commercial breaks showed up...

Any ideas as to why it's not working in SageMC?

[EDIT]

Just scheduled a recording for a TV movie. After about 30 minutes has gone by, I started watching it. It already had 2 commercial breaks detected. After another 15 minutes or so, a 3rd one was detected and marked... (This is with the import, still.)

Last edited by geogecko; 10-02-2005 at 02:41 PM.
Old 10-02-2005, 04:52 PM
Sage Icon

Try re-downloading my file again. Other than that I have no idea since the comskip code is identical.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:52 PM
Sage Icon

* Open mouth *
* Insert foot *

I was so used to "Extracting" everything in the \Program Files\SageTV\SageTV directory, that that is where I was extracting the STV file to as well. Only problem was, I had originally been putting the STV file in the \SageTV\STVs\OriginalV2 directory...so, when I had SageMC_169.stv selected, I was selecting the original one that came with the whole STV package.

Anyway, sorry for causing so much trouble. Next time, I will assume operator error at least twice before suspecting that something got broken.

Thanks again...
Old 10-05-2005, 01:27 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
You can use it with a keyboard/mouse. You just need to lookup the SageTV keyboard commands. Most important, Stop, Home, Back, and video playback commands.
I'm finally finishing my HTPC and just added the USB-UIRT. Now I am trying to map buttons on my remote to the necessary commands for the SageMC STV.

When I look at the total list of Sage Commands, some are similar. For example msg#11 and msg#53 both refer to "channel/page up" behavior.

Is there a way to know which commands this STV uses ?

If there is a subset of the total command set I need to map, that would be very helpful information !
Old 10-05-2005, 02:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by humptybump
Is there a way to know which commands this STV uses ?
I've used a few STV's and foudn they all support all the commands I've got mapped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humptybump
If there is a subset of the total command set I need to map, that would be very helpful information !
Erm! Well I started with Up, down, left, right, enter, back, stop, play, pause, skip forward, skip back. You might want to add volume up, volume down of course, but those few let me do virtually everything.
I then added lost of others as I found I needed them, e.g. menu, info, options, time scroll, page left, page right, watched, dislike, etc. I think I've just about got all of the codes available on some button.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:09 PM
Sage Icon

BTW, what is time scroll used for, this is the only one I have not added, that you have...
Old 10-05-2005, 05:20 PM
Sage Icon

New questions...

How do I setup the music section of this STV?

Currently, all my music resides in one music folder. All the songs are named by artist, album, song, track, etc, but also have correct ID3 (I think that's right) tags.

If I select "sort by albums," does the STV use ID3 information to determine which album has which songs?

What is needed to get album art displayed?

What happened to the PDF for how to set things up in this STV? I thought it used to be in the download, but I just searched through it, and couldn't find it... That might be a nice thing to make a separate download on the first page.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
what is time scroll used for, this is the only one I have not added, that you have...
It is yet another way to do FF/REW - the SageTV PDF manual has a whole page devoted to Time Scroll, near the beginning of chapter 4. (I realize this is an entirely different STV, but unless mlbdude changed that feature, it would work similarly.)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:24 PM
Sage Icon

Interesting. I may have to check that out. Currently, my FF/REW buttons are useless. Especially REW. I hit it, and if hit it again, by the time it rewinds again, it's back where it was before. I think it may be a USB-UIRT problem, but not sure. I haven't gotten to the point where it's that important. I just use PREV/SKIP instead...
Old 10-06-2005, 06:57 AM
Sage Icon

I too have been having a problem lately with my FF/RR. But only when skipping commercial breaks that have been detected. I usually have to press the button multiple times for it to take. It shows taht it rewinds to the previous skip the first push, but then it returns to the place I was originally at. This has only been with the lastest build. I am using a remote wonder so it may not be the UIRT.
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 10-08-2005, 10:54 AM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to Ceger
Mlbdude,

Any updates coming that might support Nielm-like multi-speed FF/RW features? Also, some support for the hidden features would be nice in the guide such as dots that signal HDTV, First Runs, etc.

Also, I'd like to see the STV simply updated to look for import STVs that have the extension .stvi

I have to say that this STV is excellent, the interface is very nice. Sage would be wise to work with a layout similar to yours and MCE.

Ceger