SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-08-2005, 11:58 AM

This STV will not support any hidden visual elements so as to conform to a visual standard. The one that may be added is HD. I already added the filter to the guide but it would be nice to see what is HD easily.

I will probably updated the file filter to show STVI, but most import STV's are written for the standard STV and this STV is pretty much custom from the core on up.

I am waiting for the Sage core to support real smooth FF/REW before adding anything with that. I have hopes it is coming with 3.0 release but I do not know for sure.

geogecko, if you have not found out by now, the music section is all tag based. It is pretty full featured now so hope it will have all you need.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:02 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
geogecko, if you have not found out by now, the music section is all tag based. It is pretty full featured now so hope it will have all you need.
Yep, actually figured it out by reading about it in the SageTV manual. The interface is just a bit different.

I like it overall. I am wondering if it's possible to export a playlist in iTunes (as a TXT file or an XML file) and import that into Sage? I like the smart playlists, and while that won't come over to Sage, at least I can get my playlists, without having to build them...

I tried out the My Pictures for the first time as well. That's really nice. Although it seems like it is trying to remember where you left off if you stop the slide show, because it doesn't always start in the same place. I think I may need to see if I can just "restart" it.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:13 PM

Sage can now import certain playlists as of 3.x but not sure which formats. If Sage starts to support it I will expose it.

The Picture library is pretty bare right now. Pretty much stock Sage. It has been ignored but I will get to it at some point.
Old 10-09-2005, 03:21 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to Ceger
Quote:
This STV will not support any hidden visual elements so as to conform to a visual standard. The one that may be added is HD. I already added the filter to the guide but it would be nice to see what is HD easily.

I will probably updated the file filter to show STVI, but most import STV's are written for the standard STV and this STV is pretty much custom from the core on up.

I am waiting for the Sage core to support real smooth FF/REW before adding anything with that. I have hopes it is coming with 3.0 release but I do not know for sure.

Thanks for the feedback.

You are familiar with Win XP MCE, is comskip or SA support available for it, in otherwords autoskip?

Ceger
Old 10-09-2005, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceger
Thanks for the feedback.

You are familiar with Win XP MCE, is comskip or SA support available for it, in otherwords autoskip?

Ceger
There is one plugin for it that comes with DVRMSToolbox. Not as good was what Sage has though but probably does the job. SA has direct output for the XML files it needs.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:15 AM
Sage User

Video Playlists - Missing Info

Clicking on a title in a video playslist brings up the option to see: Detailed Info or Delete. If I select Detailed Info none is displayed - only a few characters.

Info works fine when in the Recorded TV list - just not in a Playlist.

Could this be something I can fix - or is it a bug that requires a coding change in the stv?

Thanks,
Les
Old 10-14-2005, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les
Clicking on a title in a video playslist brings up the option to see: Detailed Info or Delete. If I select Detailed Info none is displayed - only a few characters.

Info works fine when in the Recorded TV list - just not in a Playlist.

Could this be something I can fix - or is it a bug that requires a coding change in the stv?

Thanks,
Les
Is this in the 3.x release? It sounds like a familiar bug to me. Something in the 3.x core changed and I need to adapt the STV to it.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:30 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Is this in the 3.x release? It sounds like a familiar bug to me. Something in the 3.x core changed and I need to adapt the STV to it.

Yes, the latest V3.0.11. Thanks for taking a look.

Les
Old 10-15-2005, 04:11 AM
Sage Expert

Found a little bug.

The 'random' option behaves very oddly when playing a playlist, in that whilst it is in a random order, several songs may get repeated before the playlist finishes. Should there not be a way to ensure that each song is played only once during the playing of a playlist!?!

Random works fine when playing a 'queue'.

very odd!
Old 10-15-2005, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmgranger
Found a little bug.

The 'random' option behaves very oddly when playing a playlist, in that whilst it is in a random order, several songs may get repeated before the playlist finishes. Should there not be a way to ensure that each song is played only once during the playing of a playlist!?!

Random works fine when playing a 'queue'.

very odd!
That would be a core bug that I could not control. One odd thing though. The Queue is just a auto created playlist. I am surprised it acts differently.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:52 PM
Sage User

"add to queue" on individual songs ?

curious question for everyone ... is there a way (keystroke or other function) to add an individual song to the queue - much like a jukebox ?
Old 10-17-2005, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by humptybump
curious question for everyone ... is there a way (keystroke or other function) to add an individual song to the queue - much like a jukebox ?
Not at my PC, but if you either just select the song or hit Options - either one of those or both will bring up a menu. First item should be add to queue.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

Audio lost after after .ts or DVD

I'm running version 3.0.13 beta with SageMC 16x9 with output via SPDIF to a Sony 5.1 receiver. Once I play a .ts (recorded by Sage) or a DVD I lose sound on my .mpegs or .mp3s. I have to exit Sage and restart to get audio back again. I even lose the clicks that SageMC makes. This does not happen with the 3.0.13 STV, only SageMC. I have tried nVidia and Sonic decoders but no difference. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Greg
SageTV Client 6.44,Windows XP Pro, MSI K7T Pro, AMD Duron CPU 1 GHz, 512 Mb Ram, , Linksys WMP54GS, ATI 9600SE
Old 10-17-2005, 06:17 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Not at my PC, but if you either just select the song or hit Options - either one of those or both will bring up a menu. First item should be add to queue.
Not sure I am getting the correct menu ... when select the song, the menu I get as four choices; "View Album", "Play This Song", "Play from Here", and "Add to Playlist".

There is no option for "Add to Queue".
Old 10-17-2005, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Not sure I am getting the correct menu ... when select the song, the menu I get as four choices; "View Album", "Play This Song", "Play from Here", and "Add to Playlist".

There is no option for "Add to Queue".
Add To Queue is the third menu option. This is all only available in the 3.x release.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg addtoqueue.JPG (65.8 KB, 266 views)
Old 10-17-2005, 07:59 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Add To Queue is the third menu option. This is all only available in the 3.x release.
So, "Play from Here" should have been "Add to Queue" ?

I am using 3.0.13.49 RC2 (if that makes any difference).

I am using the "View by Song" and "Sort by Artist".
Old 10-18-2005, 05:43 AM

Quote:
So, "Play from Here" should have been "Add to Queue" ?

I am using 3.0.13.49 RC2 (if that makes any difference).

I am using the "View by Song" and "Sort by Artist".
I will double check those views tonight, but I think they all use the same options menu but can't remember for sure.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:59 AM
Sage Icon

'play from here' hasn't been working for me lately either...as I pointed out in a previous post last week sometime. It just plays the one song and stops there...
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 10-19-2005, 10:19 AM
Sage Icon

I have no clue if this is a bug with the STV, or with SageTV core, but thought I would post here first.

I frequently hit the "info" button while watching a recording, to check how much time is left in a show, etc. Very often, after doing this, the time bar gets stuck showing, and no matter how many times I hit "info," I can not make it go away. I have to hit "stop" and then select "resume" to get it to go away.

Has anyone else noticed this?
Old 10-19-2005, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
I have no clue if this is a bug with the STV, or with SageTV core, but thought I would post here first.

I frequently hit the "info" button while watching a recording, to check how much time is left in a show, etc. Very often, after doing this, the time bar gets stuck showing, and no matter how many times I hit "info," I can not make it go away. I have to hit "stop" and then select "resume" to get it to go away.

Has anyone else noticed this?
That is probably a SageMC bug. I made a few changes there.