SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-23-2005, 08:43 AM
Sage Fanatic

that would be awesome! if alphanumeric search can be switched so that numbers come first and then associated letters and charachters that would be great.

ps. i think the biggest problem with v3 stv alphanumeric was that it selected the number/letter by hovering. if it selected by hitting "ok" or "select" then it's an extra button push but virtually no chance of entering an incorrect number/letter sequence.

alternatively sage needs to provide a bigger delay time before the hover auto selects.
Old 10-23-2005, 11:45 AM
Administrator

If you don't like the way NTE works in the default v3 STV, then change it to match your preferences. That's why I put in the NTE options dialog in Detailed Setup -> Customize. You can change the auto-accept time, the input keys, and the hint text that goes along with each key.

Plus, while using any menu/dialog that has NTE input capability, simply press Pause to toggle NTE on/off.

This is the reason NTE has numbers last: it assumes you want to enter letters when NTE is on. If you want to enter numbers, toggle NTE off.

This is all covered in in the manual -- chapter 5's Detailed Setup -> Customize section.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-23-2005, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
If you don't like the way NTE works in the default v3 STV, then change it to match your preferences. That's why I put in the NTE options dialog in Detailed Setup -> Customize. You can change the auto-accept time, the input keys, and the hint text that goes along with each key.

Plus, while using any menu/dialog that has NTE input capability, simply press Pause to toggle NTE on/off.

This is the reason NTE has numbers last: it assumes you want to enter letters when NTE is on. If you want to enter numbers, toggle NTE off.

This is all covered in in the manual -- chapter 5's Detailed Setup -> Customize section.

- Andy
Nice Opus! This feature is much better in Sage than MCE. In MCE you cannot use the arrow keys to navigate at all and MUST use the number keypad - no choise. Somehow it is supposed to be better, but since it forces me to have to turn on a light to see my number pad I think it sucks .
Old 10-23-2005, 12:11 PM
Administrator

The biggest NTE user issue is that I couldn't figure out where to put an on-screen "pause toggles NTE on/off" notice, so you have to read the documentation to know that. (Edit: or happen to see it in the Detailed Setup -> Customize dialog where it asks whether to enable NTE or not.)

And, as for using the EPG zip code for the initial weather setup... well, that one never occurred to me & no one mentioned it before, since the weather portion is a very recently completed addition. Besides, I searched by city instead of zip code for some strange reason. Besides #2: for a fresh install, weather config comes before tuner config, so there wouldn't be a zip code available.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-23-2005, 12:13 PM

I wonder how "zip" would work anyway for weather when you take in international weather users. Maybe not even something the official STV would want to get into.
Old 10-23-2005, 12:16 PM
Administrator

It might still work anyway, because you can skip it if there isn't one, or if it is "00000". But, in the grand scheme of STV changes to be made, I think this one might not be high on the list.

- Andy
Old 10-23-2005, 12:59 PM
Sage Fanatic

most of europe still use post codes.
Old 10-23-2005, 05:21 PM
Sage Expert

drive space bar.... Missing it... can you get it in SageMC?
Old 10-23-2005, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanati
drive space bar.... Missing it... can you get it in SageMC?
Probably not. Would mess with the UI. You can get space usage in the Settings menu. Also, in the Recorded TV menu you can use the Information screen to show you what will be deleted next and in what order.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

I just upgraded to V3 and the latest SageMC. Nice stuff, but when I go back to a menu the video stops playing in the background. The feature still works in the original V3 UI. I didn't do a clean install, so this may be the issue, but before I went to the trouble I was wondering if it has been disabled in SageMC, or there is an option to get it working again.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:30 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Probably not. Would mess with the UI. You can get space usage in the Settings menu. Also, in the Recorded TV menu you can use the Information screen to show you what will be deleted next and in what order.
Was afraid of that... I just miss my drive bar at the top of the screen. Ah well.

As for what's deleted next... I get a bit antsy if I get below 100 gig free (call me anal but I do)... Same with those little file bits that hang around. I go clean up my recordings directory manually every few days. Just can't stand to have things hanging about that aren't supposed to be there.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooferlad
I just upgraded to V3 and the latest SageMC. Nice stuff, but when I go back to a menu the video stops playing in the background. The feature still works in the original V3 UI. I didn't do a clean install, so this may be the issue, but before I went to the trouble I was wondering if it has been disabled in SageMC, or there is an option to get it working again.
You can have it alwasy playing in the preview window but you need to set that in the Video Menu Options in Detailed Setup. Actual full screen background video is disabled in SageMC.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

"full screen background video is disabled in SageMC"

Is it possible to have it as an option in a future version?
Old 10-24-2005, 12:13 PM
Sage Icon

any plans of incorporateing v3's new weather?
thanks
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 10-24-2005, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooferlad
"full screen background video is disabled in SageMC"

Is it possible to have it as an option in a future version?
Probably not. It would not work well with the MCE theme.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
any plans of incorporateing v3's new weather?
thanks
JUC
http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...&postcount=818
Old 10-24-2005, 01:24 PM
Sage Icon

whoops...thanks
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 10-24-2005, 08:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via MSN to steingra
Hello

Is there a manual/pdf/documentation that someone has written on how to install/setup/configure the SageMC 16x9 .stv? If its out here, I cant find it.

I found this thread http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...=SageMC+16%3A9 and its 43 pages long. On the first page of the thread I saw a link to download a zip file. I downloaded it, but didnt see a manual (in the zip file) to explain how to install it. It looks like this .stv is very nice!

PS
Just want to be sure, Is the zip file http://download.sage.tv/~mlbdude/SageMC_169_4.zip for Version 2.2 of SageTV.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:58 AM

You can try some of the docs from SageMC 1.0. It really installs like any of the other STV's.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7946

The version you selected is the last one for 2.2.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

How about a refreshed SageMC 16x9 that uses the new v3 Weather?

Now that a weather model is provided by sage, how about incoporating it into the STV?