SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-25-2005, 08:21 AM
Sage Icon

I'll help you on this one...

http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...&postcount=818
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 10-26-2005, 02:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to acrowe Send a message via MSN to acrowe Send a message via Yahoo to acrowe
<tongue in cheek>
So can we get the new weather module in this STV?
</tongue in cheek>

Old 10-26-2005, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrowe
<tongue in cheek>
</tongue in cheek>

Soon.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:52 PM
Sage Fanatic

And while you're at it, I also vote for and indication of HD format in the guide or show info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrowe
<tongue in cheek>
</tongue in cheek>

Old 10-26-2005, 08:10 PM
Sage Icon

I just installed the latest MageMC 16x9 version and have a couple of questions.

1. This STV creates xml files with my recordings. I typically use VideoReDo to cut out commercails and usually rename the file by taking off the numbers on the end (CSINY-DancingWiththeFishes-1308724-0.mpg becomes CSINY-DancingWiththeFishes.mpg), then I use AutoGK to shrink the file down.
Finally I put it in an imported folder.
How can I make use of the xml file to show the episode details in the imported folder?
2. I see Show Analyzer all over this thread.
Can I use VideoReDo to analyze the shows automatically? Or can I use Comskip's output with ReDo?
3. Is there a way to make the Left button work like it does on original STV or is there a reason it doesn't?

This STV does look very good!!!
Old 10-26-2005, 08:57 PM
Sage Icon

I can only offer some help with number 2.

I don't think I would rely on SA to automatically edit out the commercials when using VideoReDo. While I think SA works about 90% or so of the time, it does make mistakes, and then your archives would be ruined forever. It seems like it's only certain shows that trip up SA.

Welcome to using SageMC. I think you'll like it. It's even better with the themes...
Old 10-27-2005, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac
I just installed the latest MageMC 16x9 version and have a couple of questions.

1. This STV creates xml files with my recordings. I typically use VideoReDo to cut out commercails and usually rename the file by taking off the numbers on the end (CSINY-DancingWiththeFishes-1308724-0.mpg becomes CSINY-DancingWiththeFishes.mpg), then I use AutoGK to shrink the file down.
Finally I put it in an imported folder.
How can I make use of the xml file to show the episode details in the imported folder?
2. I see Show Analyzer all over this thread.
Can I use VideoReDo to analyze the shows automatically? Or can I use Comskip's output with ReDo?
3. Is there a way to make the Left button work like it does on original STV or is there a reason it doesn't?

This STV does look very good!!!
The XML output that was borrowed from my first STV and copied all over the place is not in this one yet. It may make it in but no timeframe.

There is only one consistant way to go back a menu in this STV, the Back button.
Old 10-29-2005, 10:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via MSN to steingra
SageMC 16x9 vs SageMC....does anyone know the main differences between these two STV's I am still reading about all the different stv's and have not been able to decide yet, on which one to try first.

Since I will also be installing SageTV client on a few test machines, I might try different stvs on the clients vs the main SageTV server. Or leave server on default stv, along with the web server and SageEncoder...and just try the client side stv changes...dont know yet. :O)

Heh, thats assuming I CAN change the stv on a the SageTV Client. I dont know for sure if that is allowed. Although I would have to believe it is OK to do that.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by steingra
SageMC 16x9 vs SageMC....does anyone know the main differences between these two STV's I am still reading about all the different stv's and have not been able to decide yet, on which one to try first.
Basically 16x9 picked up where SageMC left off.

Quote:
Heh, thats assuming I CAN change the stv on a the SageTV Client. I dont know for sure if that is allowed. Although I would have to believe it is OK to do that.
Works just like the server.
Old 10-30-2005, 10:39 AM

If anyone can help out, I have added a new menu option to the Main Menu. My Files. Right now it lets you browse and select your music library files via the file system. At some point it may include all file types.

What I am wondering is how well it performs with a large number of files. You can add files individually, by folder contents, or by folder contents and subfolders. The last option is what I am worried about. I have only a few hundred music files to test with.

Get the latest version:
http://download.sage.tv/~mlbdude/SageMC_169_Latest.zip

Enable My Files on the Main Menu via the Options menu.

Also, the first quick attempt to replace My Weather with the Sage menu is in there too.
Old 10-30-2005, 03:20 PM

10/30/2005
SageMC_169_5_8 - Version 8 SageTV 3.x STV
SageMC169 Ver 5 Version 8
Various improvements and bug fixes.
New My Music Files menu (enable with Options menu on Main Menu). This will let you play and browse your music collection via the file system.
Stage one of Sage weather integration. This now replaced My Weather.
IMDB Search is now integrated into My TV. Use the Options menu from the Program Info menu.
When saving IMDB information for a Video file, the thumbnail image from IMDB will be saved for you too. Thanks neilm on this one!
VERY IMPORTANT: Neilm has updated his IMDB code - it is now located inteh JARs folder. Make sure you delete the folder SageTV\SageTV\net\sf\sageplugins\sageimdb folder if it exists prior to installing this STV.
Old 10-30-2005, 04:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hey mlbdude, just some minor things.

During the weather setup, the screen doesn't refresh itself, so I get weird menus-ontop-of-menus effect.

Also, I've noticed SagMC doesn't recognize when removeable media (i.e. USB flash drives) are plugged in. The original STV has a popup that asks what you would like done with the plugged in drive. Is this by design?

thanks.
Old 10-30-2005, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashbacck
Hey mlbdude, just some minor things.

During the weather setup, the screen doesn't refresh itself, so I get weird menus-ontop-of-menus effect.

Also, I've noticed SagMC doesn't recognize when removeable media (i.e. USB flash drives) are plugged in. The original STV has a popup that asks what you would like done with the plugged in drive. Is this by design?

thanks.
The removable media functionality will have to be added to the STV. Any way to test that without a flash drive?
Old 10-30-2005, 04:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
The removable media functionality will have to be added to the STV. Any way to test that without a flash drive?
A USB key drive works too, but when I was testing it, I just used Tools -> Map Network Drive in Windows Explorer. SageTV will react to that new drive letter... but you'll have to keep creating & removing the mapped drive for continued testing.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-30-2005, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
A USB key drive works too, but when I was testing it, I just used Tools -> Map Network Drive in Windows Explorer. SageTV will react to that new drive letter... but you'll have to keep creating & removing the mapped drive for sontinued testing.

- Andy
Thanks, that is just what I needed!
Old 10-30-2005, 04:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
10/30/2005
SageMC_169_5_8 - Version 8 SageTV 3.x STV
SageMC169 Ver 5 Version 8
Various improvements and bug fixes.
New My Music Files menu (enable with Options menu on Main Menu). This will let you play and browse your music collection via the file system.
Stage one of Sage weather integration. This now replaced My Weather.
IMDB Search is now integrated into My TV. Use the Options menu from the Program Info menu.
When saving IMDB information for a Video file, the thumbnail image from IMDB will be saved for you too. Thanks neilm on this one!
VERY IMPORTANT: Neilm has updated his IMDB code - it is now located inteh JARs folder. Make sure you delete the folder SageTV\SageTV\net\sf\sageplugins\sageimdb folder if it exists prior to installing this STV.
Nice update. Some issues in Weather.

None of the weather icons show up.
Go to Weather configuration and config zip code. Funky stuff happens to the screens. Looks like maybe a background screen is missing. You can get thru it but funky none the less.
Long hesitation when first entering the module. Longer than your original module.

My Music folders works nice. I only have about 100 music albums ripped but no hesitation browsing the music and everything played or queued.

Nice job-little more work on Weather.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 10-30-2005, 04:50 PM

The hesitation when going into the menu seems normal for that module. I get it in the default STV as well. Maybe the weather icons come with the newer 3.x Sage installs?

The missing background in weather config is fixed, if you want you can just download the latest dev build. It also includes some rough stuff for the new drive notification.
Old 10-30-2005, 05:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
The hesitation when going into the menu seems normal for that module. I get it in the default STV as well. Maybe the weather icons come with the newer 3.x Sage installs?

The missing background in weather config is fixed, if you want you can just download the latest dev build. It also includes some rough stuff for the new drive notification.
I had to copy the WeatherIcons directory from SageTV3 to OriginalV2 for them to show up. This also reduced the hesitation time a bit. I'll grab your latest dev to start testing the drive notification.

Should I start installing your STV and the SageMCE folder in the SageTV3 directory or will that cause issues? As this moves to a Version 3 STV should it actually install there anyway? Just wondering.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.

Last edited by gplasky; 10-30-2005 at 05:04 PM.
Old 10-30-2005, 05:11 PM

I will probably update the next release to go to the new folder.
Old 10-30-2005, 06:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I will probably update the next release to go to the new folder.
Please keep us posted on the new folder (what will the new path be, if left up to SageTV 3?). My HTPC is getting some video card mods right now, so I can't poke around and see what the pervious poster was talking about...