SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 11-05-2005, 07:43 AM

Added a new feature I have been wanting for some time. Multiple DVD decoder setup. This lets me switch decoders for a DVD depending if I want to use ffdshow for film content and DXVA for video content. Only bad thing is you have to restart the DVD before it takes effect so just remember to do it early in the DVD

This is an advanced features so it is desabled by default. To enable it set:
mlbdude/use_multi_dvd_decoder=true

You will then find it on the Options menu in the full screen video menu. If I use this enough I will probably bind a custom command to it to make switching faster.

You can try out the latest dev build to see it in action.
Old 11-05-2005, 08:14 AM

OK, I updated it again. Figured out a way to have it seek back to current position on the DVD after changing the decoder. However, I think this will only work on ripped DVD's.
Old 11-05-2005, 09:37 AM
Sage Aficionado

Disable UI animations no longer working

MLBDude: it appears that the option to disable the UI Animations is no longer working.

I have checked and it appears that the settings keeps getting set back to true.

mlbdude/enable_ui_animations=false

This is happening on two different sage tv clients (The only ones I have disabled the ui on. Epia M1000s).
Old 11-05-2005, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbmdave
MLBDude: it appears that the option to disable the UI Animations is no longer working.

I have checked and it appears that the settings keeps getting set back to true.

mlbdude/enable_ui_animations=false

This is happening on two different sage tv clients (The only ones I have disabled the ui on. Epia M1000s).
I just tried and it worked fine. Make sure you have closed Sage and if you are using the Service that you have it stopped and are editing the correct properties file.
Old 11-05-2005, 09:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Problems with music library

Hi
I am having two problems with the music libary in SageMC 16x9 v8 (but the first also appeared in earlier versions).

1.The genre tag for WMA lossless is not being picked up. My files are correctly tagged in J Rivers Mediacentre and WMP10, however Sage MC finds only a small set of the files which it ascribes to the genre "other".

This is only WMA files. The genre tag works for MP3.

2. I can browse music by file and see the complete libary but when I click play the only files that are added to the playlist are those files that SageMC finds with the genre "other". Any other files don't seem to add to the playlist (which remains empty).

I should add that non of my WMA files actually have "other" as a genre.

The full library appears in Sage V4's default STV, though obviously as there is no genre filter I can't say whether its reading that tag correctly.

Cheers

Eric
Old 11-05-2005, 09:56 AM

The "Other" genre means the tag either is blank (Sage core would be doing that) or it has a custom Genre. The Genre list in SageMC is limited to the standard mp3 ones. Sage gives me a number (genre is not stored as a string) and I translate it to a string - this is why it is limted. If anyone can find a complete list of genre's with their number I will update it.

When browsing by folder SageMC will only place music files that are actually imported into your music library. So if you don't see them in the normal music library they won't play from the file system. If they are in the library there could be some kind of core bug going on.
Old 11-05-2005, 10:18 AM
Sage Advanced User

@mlbdude
Thanks, that makes sense. Most of my genres are non standard, I thought that they were just strings and didn't realise there was a list anywhere. I just tried Meerkells stv and it is also not reading the genres, presumably for the same reason.

I will try again with more standard genres.

Cheers and thanks for the hard work and the quick response.

Eric
Old 11-05-2005, 07:23 PM

Updated latest dev build again. Added in new DVD controls. When watching a DVD use the Up or Down arrow to bring this up. Nice easy controls specific to DVD. Smooth FF and REW and Chapter Next and Previous.

Old 11-05-2005, 07:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

Not sure how many ways it can be said without become a repetition.

Thanks.

Cheers

Mark
Old 11-05-2005, 09:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

Well grabbed the last build.. I get the dvd control pane, but no buttons except one semi transparent play button on the far right hand side on the pane. Are there some graphics that I over looked?

--Mike
Win7Pro, SageTV v6.6, SageMC, Intel E6850, 2048MB DDR2, , ATI4750, LG BR/HDVD/DVD-Rom,1xHDHR, 1xPVR-1600 (1x DirectTV , 1x Comcast Analog Cable, and 3x OTA Digital), USB-UIRT, and Harmony 300 Remote + 1 MVP Extender + 1 PC Client.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

Sorry if this was mentioned earlier but this thread has got really long!

I'm running SageClient V4 (upgraded directly from 2.2.8). I installed the latest version of this STV to the OriginalV2 directory and then selected it from the advanced options menu. The problem is that some menus (like just about all of the setup menus) show old menus overlaid upon each other. Can this be fixed by moving the STV and sub-menus to the new V3 STV folder and changing the path for the STV in the properties file?

Andy.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

More on Genre problems with WMA files

@mlbdude
I've been having a look at the My Music page in studio to try and work out what's happening.

As far as I can judge Sage is not returning any values for the GetAlbumGenre(...) method for WMA files.

I'm guessing that this is a problem with the SageTV core. My MP3 files are tagged with ID3v2 which allows genres to be a string. For these GetAlbumGenre(...) works and SageMC handles the strings fine.

I'll post in the SageTV software forum to see if this really is a bug in Sage.

BTW a couple of hours looking through Studio makes me double my thanks for SageMC. I've done a bit of VB programming, nothing on the scale of SageMC but enough to know how much work must have gone into it. Huge thanks.

Cheers

Eric
Old 11-06-2005, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0ng00se30
Well grabbed the last build.. I get the dvd control pane, but no buttons except one semi transparent play button on the far right hand side on the pane. Are there some graphics that I over looked?

--Mike
For the dev build this will only work on the newer themes. When I do a new release I will include the new images for the old one. If you want to try and update it now, you can start with a new them, then copy the images_mc contents into the images folder. Just don't change themes and it should be good for now.
Old 11-06-2005, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS
Sorry if this was mentioned earlier but this thread has got really long!

I'm running SageClient V4 (upgraded directly from 2.2.8). I installed the latest version of this STV to the OriginalV2 directory and then selected it from the advanced options menu. The problem is that some menus (like just about all of the setup menus) show old menus overlaid upon each other. Can this be fixed by moving the STV and sub-menus to the new V3 STV folder and changing the path for the STV in the properties file?

Andy.
Pretty much. The next full release will have an installed for V4, but you can copy the SageMC contents to the SageTV3 folder. Make sure to edit your properties file and change all references to OrigionalV2 also.
Old 11-06-2005, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by something fishy
@mlbdude
I've been having a look at the My Music page in studio to try and work out what's happening.

As far as I can judge Sage is not returning any values for the GetAlbumGenre(...) method for WMA files.

I'm guessing that this is a problem with the SageTV core. My MP3 files are tagged with ID3v2 which allows genres to be a string. For these GetAlbumGenre(...) works and SageMC handles the strings fine.

I'll post in the SageTV software forum to see if this really is a bug in Sage.

BTW a couple of hours looking through Studio makes me double my thanks for SageMC. I've done a bit of VB programming, nothing on the scale of SageMC but enough to know how much work must have gone into it. Huge thanks.

Cheers

Eric
Thanks for looking into that. If Sage is not returning a Genre with that call then it would probably mean Sage is not importing it. That is not cool. I guess since the default STV does not use the tag they let it slip.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:51 AM
Sage Icon

Hey MLB, I just installed SageMCE for version 4. I do think it's better then Default or Cayar's but I am still trying to convince my wife. The only issue she has is that we can't just hit left(Back) on the remote to go to the previous screen. Is there something that I could do to enable this to happen?
Old 11-06-2005, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_maniac
Hey MLB, I just installed SageMCE for version 4. I do think it's better then Default or Cayar's but I am still trying to convince my wife. The only issue she has is that we can't just hit left(Back) on the remote to go to the previous screen. Is there something that I could do to enable this to happen?
No, this STV has little in common with the default one. Like MCE it uses a dedicated Back command that works on every menu to move back a step.

If you guys have used the default STV for awhile it could take some getting used to. I know it did for me when the wife put MCE in the living room.

Of course, you could always edit the STV with Studio and put in the left is back command on the menu's that can support it (menus that don't use the left command as a left command).
Old 11-06-2005, 10:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
Pretty much. The next full release will have an installed for V4, but you can copy the SageMC contents to the SageTV3 folder. Make sure to edit your properties file and change all references to OrigionalV2 also.
I moved everything over to the SageTV3 folder and tweaked all the paths in the sageclient.properties file to point to the right place but no joy. This is really odd - I've done this install (on V2) a number of times without a hitch, but somehow installing this STV on V4 is causing me grief.

There's obviously something wrong at a general level - I added the WRS in via the dynamic menus and now when I start it I get the WRS screen overlaid on the dynamic menu selection screen. This feels just like the issues we had before you created MC screens for the advanced config.

If it makes a difference I have both a server install on this machine, and also a client install (this issue is for the client install).

Any ideas on what I should check next?

Thanks, Andy.
Old 11-06-2005, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS
I moved everything over to the SageTV3 folder and tweaked all the paths in the sageclient.properties file to point to the right place but no joy. This is really odd - I've done this install (on V2) a number of times without a hitch, but somehow installing this STV on V4 is causing me grief.

There's obviously something wrong at a general level - I added the WRS in via the dynamic menus and now when I start it I get the WRS screen overlaid on the dynamic menu selection screen. This feels just like the issues we had before you created MC screens for the advanced config.

If it makes a difference I have both a server install on this machine, and also a client install (this issue is for the client install).

Any ideas on what I should check next?

Thanks, Andy.
All I can suggest at this point is the new build.
Old 11-06-2005, 11:07 AM

SageMC_169_5_9 - Version 9 SageTV 4.x STV

11/06/2005
SageMC_169_5_9 - Version 9 SageTV 4.x STV
SageMC169 Ver 5 Version 9
Various bug fixes and enhancements.
Added DVD Dual Decoders. Allows you to have two sets of decoders setup for DVD playback. Good for users that want to use ffdshow for film DVD's and DXVA decoder for video DVD's.
Added DVD Controls popup. This gives quick visual access to DVD controls. Use Up or Down in OSD to bring it up.
Changed the way the FF/REW and FF2/REW2 commands work when a DVD is playing. FF/REW do smooth FF and REW and FF3/REW2 do chapter next and previous. Allows logical control of DVD content with the shared buttons.
Included several new themes - Big download now.
Updated STV and zip file for SageTV 4.x folder structures.