SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 11-06-2005, 08:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

Newbie here, so my apologies if this has been addressed before. I have been struggling trying to get used to how to navigate in SageMC. From a prior post, you mentioned

a) there is a dedicated back button for SageMC
b) otherwise, I need to add the comands myself with Studio

I am using the 45 button Hauppauge remote. Which button is the dedicated back button? There is one labeled as such ... right below the "left" button, however I can't seem to get it to work. Is there a special irremote.ini file for SageMC, or ?

Secondly, what remote do you use? (Can't beat them, join them theory).

And, I noticed the wheather did not show up when I did the install of the STV. From reading through here, I think there some edits I need to take care of in the sage.properties file to make it work. That your guess?

Thanks!!!
Old 11-06-2005, 09:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by malbec
I am using the 45 button Hauppauge remote. Which button is the dedicated back button? There is one labeled as such ... right below the "left" button, however I can't seem to get it to work.
As shown on p. 233 in the v4 manual, that is indeed the Back button. But, you have to have 1) installed support for that remote when you installed SageTV, and 2) used the default STV to configure it to use that remote in Detailed Setup -> Commands -> Remote Config. (Unless that config screen has been added to SageMC already.)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:56 AM

The config screens from oen of the RC's is in SageMC but it may not be the latest. I use the MCE remote myself. To configure the main menu items use the Options command on the main menu. Until there is a manual check out the screen caps in the first post for hints to what is possible.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:46 PM
Sage Icon

Wow, go away for the weekend, and look at all the changes. Cool.

Glad to see the new themes. I was thinking of doing the Metal one myself too, but looks like you got it. I noticed the only strange thing is that it doesn't seem that MP has a replacement image for the DVD image. It looks out of place on the BlackMyst Mod theme, with all the yellow/green icons...

Anyway, mlbdude, if you get a chance (and you may want to take this off-line through PM or something), but what are my options for moving things around, image wise? Is that a fixed thing that you want to leave alone in the STV, or can their be different image locations when selecting a different theme?

Secondly, what can be done with Studio? I know there has been a lot of complaining going around about why Sage wasn't offering it, but now I just would like to know what this means to some of the more advanced users?

Thirdly, what is usually required in order to make your own themes? Would you need some more advanced type of drawing software, over say, Photoshop Elements?

Old 11-07-2005, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Wow, go away for the weekend, and look at all the changes. Cool.

Glad to see the new themes. I was thinking of doing the Metal one myself too, but looks like you got it. I noticed the only strange thing is that it doesn't seem that MP has a replacement image for the DVD image. It looks out of place on the BlackMyst Mod theme, with all the yellow/green icons...

Anyway, mlbdude, if you get a chance (and you may want to take this off-line through PM or something), but what are my options for moving things around, image wise? Is that a fixed thing that you want to leave alone in the STV, or can their be different image locations when selecting a different theme?

Secondly, what can be done with Studio? I know there has been a lot of complaining going around about why Sage wasn't offering it, but now I just would like to know what this means to some of the more advanced users?

Thirdly, what is usually required in order to make your own themes? Would you need some more advanced type of drawing software, over say, Photoshop Elements?

Right now a "theme" just changed the look and color scheme of most things in the STV. They are not really "skin's" as they don't let you modify the layout of anything. I may add some options soon to customze the layout of the Main Menu but not sure when. Some of the themes have images that just don't look right or work. If anyone comes up with a mod to a theme that makes it better I will bundle it.

You can pretty much do anything with Studio. Move anything or change the color and formatting of anything. The downside will be that if I put out a new release you will have to redo all those changes in the new STV.

I am no graphics guy myself so I don't know what tools to sue for this. I just take the images and use them .
Old 11-07-2005, 01:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickw
I have two clients one displayed using the MVP and another on my laptop. On the MVP the weather icons do not display. The files exist in the SageTV3\WeatherIcons\Images folder. The weather data is updating and displayed correctly.

Any ideas?
I had to put the weather icons folder in the original v2 folder.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:32 PM
Sage Icon

Mlbdude, as a feature request, how about adding some more flexibility to the viewing of pictures?

Here are some ideas:

1) The ability to rotate pictures
2) The ability to do recursive slide shows (do a slide show in a directory that contains directories of pictures)
3) Adding a panning and Zoom option (what's popularly called the "Ken Burns effect")for picture display like XBMC and Mediaportal have
4) The ability to select a picture and queue it for printing

Sage is really lacking here compared with some other packages, but given how much father your STV goes towards being a full media center, it seems appropriate to extend here than asking Sage to do it in the base code.

Thanks,
Mike

PS You can look at the source code for Mediaportal since it's an open source effort, and the sources are available on Sourceforge. The files of interest are in mediaportal/WindowPlugins/GUIPictures...
Old 11-07-2005, 04:53 PM
Sage Icon

Some customizing options would be cool. I agree, it would be a lot of trouble to keep "folding in" mods made to the STV via studio. Unless I had some kind of diff tool, it would be pretty hard.

I'll have to check into this Studio thing, right now, I have not even a single clue as to how to use it. Any tutorials or places I should start looking?

Also, wondered if anyone else noticed this...

When looking at "My Music," if you happen to have a couple CD's (mp3's, of course), that have the same title of song, I've noticed that when you open one of the album's for viewing, you see the songs from both CD's, even though you only clicked on a particular album. It also messes up the cover art.

Such as, if I go under a particular artist, and view the albums for that artist, I end up seeing the wrong cover art for the album that should be for that artist. I wonder if this makes since? I checked all my cover art, and it's correct.

Maybe you all need some pictures? Let me know, and I might be able to get some screen caps. (Didn't know if that would be a sage core problem, or the STV problem...)
Old 11-07-2005, 04:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
I'll have to check into this Studio thing, right now, I have not even a single clue as to how to use it. Any tutorials or places I should start looking?
Yeah -- the stickies in the new SageTV Studio forum.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:28 PM
Sage Icon

Sweet. Thanks for pointing that out, Opus!

[Edit]Lots of reading to do...=( [/Edit]

Last edited by geogecko; 11-07-2005 at 06:32 PM.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
All seems good with the sounds. Check your properties file and make sure all references to "OrigionalV2" are changed to "SageTV3".
My bad. Sounds ARE working. Nice job.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:32 PM
Sage Icon

I just cut over to SageMC, and for some reason, video playback from ripped DVD's isn't working. It does work fine in the default Sage STV. I just get a black screen. I can exit ok, but no video plays.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 11-08-2005, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesm
I just cut over to SageMC, and for some reason, video playback from ripped DVD's isn't working. It does work fine in the default Sage STV. I just get a black screen. I can exit ok, but no video plays.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike
Not too many clues. I test with ripped DVD's all the time. What renderer are you using? I always use VMR9 3D acceleration enabled. If it does not work with those setting then I am not sure. If it does, maybe I did something to mess with the other renderers.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

I love the intefrace and the design... great.
Small question : In EPG how do you select the arrow back from the navigation?
One more thing: how can the left arrow act as back?
Great job!!!

Thanks

Ferdinand
Old 11-08-2005, 08:00 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInSpace
I love the intefrace and the design... great.
Small question : In EPG how do you select the arrow back from the navigation?
One more thing: how can the left arrow act as back?
Great job!!!

Thanks

Ferdinand
I don't think you want the left arrow acting as back. If so, then every time you were in a text input, or navigating something else, every time you hit left, you would go "back" instead of "left."

I binded (bound) the back command to a button on my remote labeled "Prev" which happens to be an easy to access button.

I bound my menu button to the menu command, so I can always return to the main menu in Sage with one button press.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:14 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Not too many clues. I test with ripped DVD's all the time. What renderer are you using? I always use VMR9 3D acceleration enabled. If it does not work with those setting then I am not sure. If it does, maybe I did something to mess with the other renderers.
I have a 6600GT, so I use VMR9 with FSE and 3D acceleration on. I have the Nvidia codec. All this was true for the default STV. Weird behavior.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 11-09-2005, 07:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have been a big fan of this stv for a while. Thanks for spending all the time to make it so smooth. Unforunately I have a few issues that I was hoping to get sorted out...

1- In My Music- I like the "view by artist" look the best, but no matter what I do it always defaults back to view by album each time I go to my music. Is there a whay to make it default to view by artist or to have it save that preference (like it does in my videos) so that I only need to change it when I start SageTV?

2- In My Videos- Is there a way to make it so that all I see is the movie cover, even if the movie is actually made up of multi-part files? Would make for a cleaner (read easy for the babysitters) interface.

Thanks for the help, Mike
Old 11-10-2005, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muchacho
I have been a big fan of this stv for a while. Thanks for spending all the time to make it so smooth. Unforunately I have a few issues that I was hoping to get sorted out...

1- In My Music- I like the "view by artist" look the best, but no matter what I do it always defaults back to view by album each time I go to my music. Is there a whay to make it default to view by artist or to have it save that preference (like it does in my videos) so that I only need to change it when I start SageTV?

2- In My Videos- Is there a way to make it so that all I see is the movie cover, even if the movie is actually made up of multi-part files? Would make for a cleaner (read easy for the babysitters) interface.

Thanks for the help, Mike
#1 probably.

#2 I preferr it to show the actual files. What I am thinking of adding though is a Play button at that level that will play them both. Just make sure files are named/numbered ok.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
#1 probably.

#2 I preferr it to show the actual files. What I am thinking of adding though is a Play button at that level that will play them both. Just make sure files are named/numbered ok.

Thanks- that would work great.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

Weather

I just upgraded from 2.27 to 4.9 at theat time I also upgraded Sage MC 16x9 Ver9. And I LVOE IT.

But..

The WAF is gone with the new weather suite! SHe want to go back to 2.x Ver 4. Is ther a way to get the simple weather back into Ver 4.x Ver 9? The new one does not look clean and way to much info for my wife..

Thanks

Technazz