SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 11-10-2005, 07:30 AM
Sage Advanced User

Display Issues

I am having display issues with what I thought was a plugin (Nielm RSS plugin). After a little investigation it turns out that this is happening as well in the conflict resolution screen (and possibly in other areas I have not found). From what I can tell it appears that the screen is not refreshing itself.

The first conflict resolution picture shows what I see once I go from the Dynamic Menu (another great Nielm plugin built into SageMC16x9) into the conflict resolution screen and start to scroll up and down.

The second conflict resolution picture shows what I see once I make a selection within the conflict resolution screen.

Everything was working fine till I upgraded from the Sage v3 beta to Sage v4 and updated to new SageMC 16x9 version. (Previous version beta 7)

Thinking that it was a plugin issue I posted on the RSS plugin thread. Nielm suggestion:

"this looks like a background image problem -- check your properties file and see if the file referred to by: ui/background_image is in the STVs/SageMC directory (copy it from the STVs/SageTV3 directory if not)"

Tried that and it didn't work...(names are the same in both locations)

Additionally, I have included another picture showing what it looks like in the RSS Feeds Screen.

As always any help is greatly appreciated....thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Show Conflict Screen 1.JPG (61.4 KB, 404 views)
File Type: jpg Show Conflict Screen 2.JPG (86.5 KB, 382 views)
File Type: jpg RSS Plugin - Display Error.JPG (56.8 KB, 406 views)
Old 11-10-2005, 07:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Did you get rid of the previous version? The latest version of SageMCE is designed to go into the STV\SageTV3 folder. And you may need to change some paths in your .properties file. Check the first post or this thread.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky
Did you get rid of the previous version? The latest version of SageMCE is designed to go into the STV\SageTV3 folder. And you may need to change some paths in your .properties file. Check the first post or this thread.

Gerry
From what I can see only the weather properties need to be changed. But I believe that my current SageMCE is located in the STV\SageTV3 folder as you descript. That is where I believe I imported it from.

FYI: Everything else work perfectly. No issues with anything else what so ever.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsabre
From what I can see only the weather properties need to be changed. But I believe that my current SageMCE is located in the STV\SageTV3 folder as you descript. That is where I believe I imported it from.

FYI: Everything else work perfectly. No issues with anything else what so ever.
I actually have not seen the conflict screen since moving the folder structure. I will verify it is working. However, initial gut reaction is that the STV is in the wrong place.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz
I just upgraded from 2.27 to 4.9 at theat time I also upgraded Sage MC 16x9 Ver9. And I LVOE IT.

But..

The WAF is gone with the new weather suite! SHe want to go back to 2.x Ver 4. Is ther a way to get the simple weather back into Ver 4.x Ver 9? The new one does not look clean and way to much info for my wife..

Thanks

Technazz
Probably, does not hurt to keep it in there as an options.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:21 PM
Sage User

X10

Any chance of integrating some X10 capability? The Meedio Housebot solution looks good, but expensive. It would be cool just to have some basic lighting control and maybe thermostat through the Sage interface.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
I actually have not seen the conflict screen since moving the folder structure. I will verify it is working. However, initial gut reaction is that the STV is in the wrong place.
I went ahead and rechecked that the SageMC folder was placed in the correct spot. Here is the location .../STV/SageTV3/. I believe that this is the location were it is to be placed. (I even replace the SageMC folder again in the same location just in case I had goofed up before).

Still having the same issue.

I can tell you what I did when I first installed this updated STV. I extracted all of the contents into C:\Program Files\Frey Technology\SageTV folder. This from what I can tell places the SageMC folder into the …STV/SageTV3 folder.

Please correct me if I am wrong. I am not perfect by any stretch of the imagination.

One thing that I can understand is that everything else work perfectly. New weather suite, IMDB TV Search, My Music File, etc. No issues displays perfectly.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsabre
I went ahead and rechecked that the SageMC folder was placed in the correct spot. Here is the location .../STV/SageTV3/. I believe that this is the location were it is to be placed. (I even replace the SageMC folder again in the same location just in case I had goofed up before).

Still having the same issue.

I can tell you what I did when I first installed this updated STV. I extracted all of the contents into C:\Program Files\Frey Technology\SageTV folder. This from what I can tell places the SageMC folder into the …STV/SageTV3 folder.

Please correct me if I am wrong. I am not perfect by any stretch of the imagination.

One thing that I can understand is that everything else work perfectly. New weather suite, IMDB TV Search, My Music File, etc. No issues displays perfectly.
I just checked and they work fine. In fact, looking at your screenshots those are not even the SageMC conflict menu's. Handle Conflict is the menu you want to use.

Last edited by mlbdude; 11-10-2005 at 07:01 PM.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:22 PM

Dev Update

Updated the Dev build with some changes. Let me know if they work ok.

Added back Simple Weather to main menu.

My Music now remembers your last used view when returning to the menu.

My Videos now has a Play menu item when viewing by File System. It will queue up all videos from the current folder and all of its subfolders and auto play the queue.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

One of the things I found totally cool and useful with SageMC was that recorded program listings were ordered in descending chronological order (ie the latest at the top of the list). Since upgrading to SageV4 and the latest (non-Dev) SageMC that list appears to have reverted to ascending chronological order, which makes it that much harder to find the latest recordings.

Is there a way to change this order?

Andy.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS
One of the things I found totally cool and useful with SageMC was that recorded program listings were ordered in descending chronological order (ie the latest at the top of the list). Since upgrading to SageV4 and the latest (non-Dev) SageMC that list appears to have reverted to ascending chronological order, which makes it that much harder to find the latest recordings.

Is there a way to change this order?

Andy.

What he said!!
Win7Pro, SageTV v6.6, SageMC, Intel E6850, 2048MB DDR2, , ATI4750, LG BR/HDVD/DVD-Rom,1xHDHR, 1xPVR-1600 (1x DirectTV , 1x Comcast Analog Cable, and 3x OTA Digital), USB-UIRT, and Harmony 300 Remote + 1 MVP Extender + 1 PC Client.
Old 11-11-2005, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0ng00se30
What he said!!
I will look into it. It is supposed to have the most recent recording at the top. Maybe something in the Sage core got reversed.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

MLB - your's is by far the most professional looking STV out there. I love it.

I do have a qualm though...it is a pain to scroll though hundreds of intelligent recordings everytime i have to look for a particular fav show.

It would be just awesome if the recordings could be -
a. grouped by title (similar to Malore's)
b. filtered by fav/manual/intelligent.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:46 PM
SageTVaholic

If you change the sort to by title they will be grouped.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89
If you change the sort to by title they will be grouped.
i thought the sort only toggled between title and date. didn't know it changed the grouping. will try it again tonight.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurav
i thought the sort only toggled between title and date. didn't know it changed the grouping. will try it again tonight.
It should group them and for the description on the bottom it will tell you how many are in the group and list their episode names. Then you click the title to take you to the group list and choose a particular episode from there.

One neat feature is when you select a show from the grouping list to go to Program Info, you can use the FF/REW (and I think left and right) to browse through the entire group.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
It should group them and for the description on the bottom it will tell you how many are in the group and list their episode names. Then you click the title to take you to the group list and choose a particular episode from there.

One neat feature is when you select a show from the grouping list to go to Program Info, you can use the FF/REW (and I think left and right) to browse through the entire group.
cool! Thanks.

now...about my other request...filters for fav/manual/intelligent recordings.
Don't think any STV has that. Is it too much to ask ?
Old 11-11-2005, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurav
cool! Thanks.

now...about my other request...filters for fav/manual/intelligent recordings.
Don't think any STV has that. Is it too much to ask ?
It might be. It is a pretty advanced user thing (in SageMC those terms are forbidden). I will see if I can think of a way to do it so it is user friendly. I kind of at least want one that only shows fav/manual anyway.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
It might be. It is a pretty advanced user thing (in SageMC those terms are forbidden). I will see if I can think of a way to do it so it is user friendly. I kind of at least want one that only shows fav/manual anyway.
To me, the most friendly way would be to have the top button cycle between All/Favs/Manuals/Intelligent.

Add a "group by" button that cycles between None/Title/Category.

The sort button could cycle between ascending/descending (by date or by grouping).

Just my ignorant suggestions...you're the expert.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:09 PM

I think that menu is at its limit for buttons, but I will try to think of something.