SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 11-11-2005, 05:19 PM

Dev Build

Updated the dev build with a new recording type filter. In trial right now. See it it works. It only shows up if you are using Intelligent Recording.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:24 PM

Dev Build, Again

Just noticed something. I may have found a way to easily add left is back behavior to menu's that can support it easily. To try it out enable this property when Sage is closed:

mlbdude/use_left_as_back=false

Let me know how well it works in the latest dev build.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:25 PM
Sage Expert

A few quick questions...

1. Is there a way to increase the smaller font size on the 'new' (non-simple/non-wrs) weather page back to the size on the original sage stv? It appears faint and smaller...
2. Although I have the background picture set (ui/background_image=Background.jpg), when selecting either the channel setup or the parental controls screen results in an overlay of the control onto the screen...
3. When every menu button (Play DVD, My Music, etc) is toggled on, the bottom entries are 'cut' and unavailable; the menu rolls back up to the top. Would an 'animated' rollover of the menus work better similiar to what MCE does?

Just a few observations, but I am amazed at how far you have taken this stv! Since you seem so motivated of late, how does the idea of adding show logos to the program info screen grab you?

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...0&d=1087443774

Also, an internet radio function would sure round out the feature set... (for awhile...) :-)

-Jason
Old 11-11-2005, 09:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

mlbdude,
I have finally figured out how to play quicktime mov files using the external media player functionality you have added to play zoomplayer with quicktime alternative installed. I use this for playing small video files from my digital camera. However, since I use IRman with Sage (no GIrder), I lose all control with the remoet until the file finishes. With the small camera video files this is not a problem since they are short, and zoomplayer can be configured to close after finishing the file. But I have a lot of other video library files in other formats that I want to keep within Sage.

Is there a way to configure the external media playback so it takes control of only the .mov files???

Thanks (from a long term SageMC customer)

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix
Old 11-11-2005, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
A few quick questions...

1. Is there a way to increase the smaller font size on the 'new' (non-simple/non-wrs) weather page back to the size on the original sage stv? It appears faint and smaller...
2. Although I have the background picture set (ui/background_image=Background.jpg), when selecting either the channel setup or the parental controls screen results in an overlay of the control onto the screen...
3. When every menu button (Play DVD, My Music, etc) is toggled on, the bottom entries are 'cut' and unavailable; the menu rolls back up to the top. Would an 'animated' rollover of the menus work better similiar to what MCE does?

Just a few observations, but I am amazed at how far you have taken this stv! Since you seem so motivated of late, how does the idea of adding show logos to the program info screen grab you?

Also, an internet radio function would sure round out the feature set... (for awhile...) :-)

-Jason
#1 not without Studio. This is still a work in progress. I suspect when I am done with it, it will not look anything like that.

#2 Not sure, make sure you have the latest STV. SageMC uses the background of the current theme and not from that property. Background used on that menu is "SageMCE\Images\background.png".

#3 Not easy to do in Sage. I have looked into this but with a dynamic menu it is hard. It is not designed to have all the menu items enabled.

Maybe on everything else .
Old 11-11-2005, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCoat999
mlbdude,
I have finally figured out how to play quicktime mov files using the external media player functionality you have added to play zoomplayer with quicktime alternative installed. I use this for playing small video files from my digital camera. However, since I use IRman with Sage (no GIrder), I lose all control with the remoet until the file finishes. With the small camera video files this is not a problem since they are short, and zoomplayer can be configured to close after finishing the file. But I have a lot of other video library files in other formats that I want to keep within Sage.

Is there a way to configure the external media playback so it takes control of only the .mov files???

It is possible but not fun to do. I will remember the request. I sure wish someone would do a Windows Media Player (or ZoomPlayer) media player plugin for Sage!
Old 11-11-2005, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCoat999
mlbdude,

OK, it was not that hard. Try out the new Dev build.

Change or add:
mlbdude/limit_external_to_extensions=*

to something like:

mlbdude/limit_external_to_extensions=.mpg,.mpeg
Old 11-11-2005, 10:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
OK, it was not that hard. Try out the new Dev build.

Change or add:
mlbdude/limit_external_to_extensions=*

to something like:

mlbdude/limit_external_to_extensions=.mpg,.mpeg
Sweeeeet! You know I have to go to bed tonight sometime!!! I remember a certain someone saying SageMC was going to be for himself and was not going to accept requests for changes, but I'm glad they changed their mind! I'll give it a go in a bit.

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix
Old 11-11-2005, 11:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

MLB

Is there a way with studio to give a option to change resolutions? I'm still having this issue with DVI not waking up after it has set idle a while. From what I can tell its not a very wide spread problem, but all the same I have it.

I can VNC into my sage box and change resolution, and DVI "Wakes" up... I let it go back to its 720P setting and its good until I turn it off again. If I Could assign a button to temporaly change resolution I wouldn't have to keep going back to component after trying a new catalyst driver hoping that fixes the problem. This would allow my wife to wake the display up as well. DVI just looks so much better I was hoping maybe you'd could lead me in the right direction.

Thanks

--Mike
Win7Pro, SageTV v6.6, SageMC, Intel E6850, 2048MB DDR2, , ATI4750, LG BR/HDVD/DVD-Rom,1xHDHR, 1xPVR-1600 (1x DirectTV , 1x Comcast Analog Cable, and 3x OTA Digital), USB-UIRT, and Harmony 300 Remote + 1 MVP Extender + 1 PC Client.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0ng00se30
MLB

Is there a way with studio to give a option to change resolutions? I'm still having this issue with DVI not waking up after it has set idle a while. From what I can tell its not a very wide spread problem, but all the same I have it.

I can VNC into my sage box and change resolution, and DVI "Wakes" up... I let it go back to its 720P setting and its good until I turn it off again. If I Could assign a button to temporaly change resolution I wouldn't have to keep going back to component after trying a new catalyst driver hoping that fixes the problem. This would allow my wife to wake the display up as well. DVI just looks so much better I was hoping maybe you'd could lead me in the right direction.

Thanks

--Mike
You could put a custom (literally custom1, custom2, etc.) listner on the main menu that just launches an external program to do that. Nothing directly in Studio to change a res though.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:28 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Updated the dev build with a new recording type filter. In trial right now. See it it works. It only shows up if you are using Intelligent Recording.
sweet....just what i wanted....youdaman!

and the left/back button change but is a big bonus...youdasuperman!
Old 11-12-2005, 08:02 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
A few quick questions...

-Jason

Question # 2 seems to be the same thing that I am experiencing with other menus. (Conflict Resolution Screen, RSS Plugin Screen)

I posted my screen captures a few posting back.

Seems to be an issue other people are experiencing as well.

Now, I am having a problem with how the Dynamic Menu is displaying. Every title in the dynamic menu read "cel". I have not changed one thing on the menu.xml or even touched the file for that matter. I opened it up and it still has the same information. Just doesn't seem to be doing something right. Anybody having similar issues or know a resolution.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsabre
Question # 2 seems to be the same thing that I am experiencing with other menus. (Conflict Resolution Screen, RSS Plugin Screen)

I posted my screen captures a few posting back.

Seems to be an issue other people are experiencing as well.

Now, I am having a problem with how the Dynamic Menu is displaying. Every title in the dynamic menu read "cel". I have not changed one thing on the menu.xml or even touched the file for that matter. I opened it up and it still has the same information. Just doesn't seem to be doing something right. Anybody having similar issues or know a resolution.
Check my post at: http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...&postcount=968

Menu's from import STV's will probably not ever work unless the author writes them to also work with SageMC.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Check my post at: http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...&postcount=968

Menu's from import STV's will probably not ever work unless the author writes them to also work with SageMC.
That is the thing. Everything worked perfectly before the update to SageTV v4 and SageMC v9.

I was using SageTV 3.0.11 beta with SageMC169 beta 5. The RSS plugin and Conflict Resolution worked without any overlay issues with your STV.

No disrespect is intended just wanted to see if anyone was having the same issues or better than that has come up with a resolution or at least a reason why this maybe happening.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsabre
That is the thing. Everything worked perfectly before the update to SageTV v4 and SageMC v9.

I was using SageTV 3.0.11 beta with SageMC169 beta 5. The RSS plugin and Conflict Resolution worked without any overlay issues with your STV.

No disrespect is intended just wanted to see if anyone was having the same issues or better than that has come up with a resolution or at least a reason why this maybe happening.
Basically what you need to try and do is get a backround image to where the plugin is looking for it. If it is a v4 plugin it should be looking for it relative to the SageTV3 folder where the new SageMC goes. Try opening up studio and finding the menu's theme and see where it is trying to find the background image.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:10 AM

New Dev Build

Various bug fixes.

Updated My Weather. Should be a good replacement for the old Simple Weather now.

Updated Weather Menu:
Old 11-12-2005, 09:40 AM

Anyone out there know how to use this and add content?

http://www.sage-community.org/index.cgi/wiki

It would be nice to get a SageMC documentation project going.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:34 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
You could put a custom (literally custom1, custom2, etc.) listner on the main menu that just launches an external program to do that. Nothing directly in Studio to change a res though.
Thanks... works perfectly. I don't know if anyone would need this functionality for changing resolutions inside of sage, but if anyone does... feel free to send me a message and I'll pass along the info. I'm just doing a basic resolution change and then back to my original resolution to wake things up but with some scripting someone could make a selectable resolution I'm sure.

--Mike
Win7Pro, SageTV v6.6, SageMC, Intel E6850, 2048MB DDR2, , ATI4750, LG BR/HDVD/DVD-Rom,1xHDHR, 1xPVR-1600 (1x DirectTV , 1x Comcast Analog Cable, and 3x OTA Digital), USB-UIRT, and Harmony 300 Remote + 1 MVP Extender + 1 PC Client.

Last edited by m0ng00se30; 11-12-2005 at 10:39 AM.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:38 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I am trying to get DVD Profiler installed back on my machine. In the meantime, check this line in your properties file:
mlbdude/meta_data_collection.xml=
It should be the path to your collection.xml
Ex. Mine is mlbdude/meta_data_collection.xml=D\:\\Program Files\\SageTV\\SageTV\\STVs\\SageTV2\\SageMCE\\collection.xml
For the life of me, I cannot figure out why I don't get images anymore. I get all the meta data, just not the images on the folder.

There are no folder.jpg's in each folder for the ripped DVD's, just the video_ts and audio_ts folders.

Is there something I am doing wrong? I've refreshed the meta data from DVDProfiler, but nothing seem to make it work. It was working at one time, but I don't remember when it stopped. Seems like it was when I upgraded everything to V4.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:46 AM

I just checked again and it seems to work fine. Are you running Sage as a service? Is the account it is using able to read and write to the appropriate locations?