SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 11-13-2005, 06:40 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurav
mlb-
the channel setup screen is still broken.
the lineup screen remains overlayed over the channels screen.
enabling a channel adds it to the guide but not to any tuners.

here's a screenshot Attachment 2758
Until he fixes it, you can fix it yourself... In Sage navigate to the channel setup screen. Open Studio (ctrl-shift-f12). In Studio, Go to 'Debug -> UI Components'. In the UI Components screen, click the 'Channel Setup Old' chain icon and then right click the SetupWizardMenuTheme icon. Click on 'Highlight Widget'. Now, in studio, right click the 'SetupWizardMenuTheme' widget and change the location of the background. to the one within the MCE folder.

-Jason
Old 11-13-2005, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurav
mlb-
the channel setup screen is still broken.
the lineup screen remains overlayed over the channels screen.
enabling a channel adds it to the guide but not to any tuners.

here's a screenshot Attachment 2758
Sorry, I cannot duplicate this. Make sure you are using the correct Channel Setup menu linked to from SageMC. Yours looks different again so I think you are using the wrong menu.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg channel_setup.JPG (83.6 KB, 430 views)
Old 11-13-2005, 07:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
Until he fixes it, you can fix it yourself...
Not using V4...yet. Still on the last RC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
Sorry, I cannot duplicate this. Make sure you are using the correct Channel Setup menu linked to from SageMC. Yours looks different again so I think you are using the wrong menu.
Am not using any personal menus.
I am navigating from Main Menu -> Settings -> Channel Setup.

BTW The screen was working perfectly in version8.
The problem showed up when i upgraded to version9 of the STV (where the new folder stucture has been used). I'm guessing you might have hardcoded a path to point to \Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\ and since i unzipped the package to an MVP folder, not to the regular SageTV folder, it might have caused the problem.

This screen is not a big issue for me. I'm worried other stuff might be hosed as well.

Last edited by Gaurav; 11-13-2005 at 09:29 AM.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

You fixed the album sorting issue in My Music when there is only one album and using view by artist. Thanks again. Sage should be paying you for all your hard work.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:18 AM
Sage Icon

Not to nit pick, but I like the way mlb simplified the "updated" weather. I found looking at that screen with all the information on it, rather difficult. But, this comes from someone still stuck using an SDTV. The 1.5 day forecast on the first screen, and then the 10 day on another works great...
Old 11-13-2005, 09:35 AM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to wbarber69 Send a message via AIM to wbarber69 Send a message via MSN to wbarber69 Send a message via Yahoo to wbarber69
nothing but trouble

I've tried to upgrade the stv from the 2.2.8 version to the 4 version, but the newer has lots of bugs

#1 after about 10 minutes all recordings and menus dissappear
#2 I cant import the ff/rw feature
#3 after trying to reset back to the old stv the settings menu is just totally screwed up(menu is way too big and overlayed over the main menu, and inaccessable from the remote, have to use mouse)
Old 11-13-2005, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbarber69
I've tried to upgrade the stv from the 2.2.8 version to the 4 version, but the newer has lots of bugs

#3 after trying to reset back to the old stv the settings menu is just totally screwed up(menu is way too big and overlayed over the main menu, and inaccessable from the remote, have to use mouse)
#1 nothing to do with the STV.
#2 You need to work with the author of that STVI
#3 Folder structures changed between versions so you need to make sure all references in your .properties file are set to the correct location (OrigionalV2 for 2.x and SageTV3 for 4.x).
Old 11-13-2005, 10:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

I hear your pain. I upgraded and started to experience some of the same issues you stated. I gave it a shot at trying to fix them. Even when as far as to uninstall everything but still had issues. So I went back to an image I had saved before the ordeal. (SageTV 3.0.11 beta, SageMC16x9 v5)

Everything is working perfectly. Quite frankly, I wouldn't even be upgrading. Everything I want and more works perfectly. Mlbdude just keeps pushing this STV with new and improved features and I just can't help myself. I am sick I tell you sick.

Keep it up....
Old 11-13-2005, 02:58 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to wbarber69 Send a message via AIM to wbarber69 Send a message via MSN to wbarber69 Send a message via Yahoo to wbarber69
same here, I'm going to start trying to build my own stv, but until I have the time to put into it, I will be using this stv, I just like to see everything working right, I really don't understand how using one stv in one folder, and using another stv in another folder can cause sage to act this way. I've made absolutely no modifications to this stv nor changed the folder structure from the zip file, I'm going to attach the screenshot of whats going on in the settings menu.

But the main problem is that the problems I am seeing are only in the latest version of this stv, not the previous ones. And I wasn't trying to dis you mlbdude, I was just making a few bug reports and feature requests. Keep up the good work

P.S. I have noticed something weird with sagetv itself I don't think its exactly stv independent since out of the box it doesn't support comskip, but I have noticed it across different stvs, when I pause a file that is comskipped and then come back and press play a few minutes later all the comskip info disappears and the file seems to have no gaps
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.jpg (78.7 KB, 420 views)

Last edited by wbarber69; 11-13-2005 at 03:28 PM.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:10 PM
SageTVaholic

You didn't "import" either of the STVs into the other did you?
Old 11-13-2005, 03:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

MLBDude,

In your first post with the screenshots there is a picture showing the movie folders. The folders have graphics in them showing the type of movie. (Horror, Drama, etc.) How is this done? I have put a folder.jpg image in the folder and it still only shows the folder. The folders in that folder show the images but not the main folder. I would like to have for example, a Harry Potter folder that holds folders with the Harry Potter movies in it. Have a graphic saying Harry Potter in a nice font, or graphic, and then have the Harry Potter cover graphics in the movie folders.

Also, is there a way to put Sage into standby with this STV?. I use it for my MVP's and I would like to be able to put the MVP instances into the tray so they are not also controlled by the remote while I watch TV with another instance of Sage Client on that machine. I have tried adding -standby to the end of the sageclient.exe but when using multiple instances it doesn't seem to work. The original Sage STV with the standby button does what I need but I much prefer your awesome STV and a way to put it into standby would be really nice.

Thanks for all the hard work. I remember you switching from Sage to MCE 2K5 awhile back and I thought this STV would never get any better but it sure has...

Randy
Old 11-13-2005, 03:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprDtyF350
MLBDude,

In your first post with the screenshots there is a picture showing the movie folders. The folders have graphics in them showing the type of movie. (Horror, Drama, etc.) How is this done? I have put a folder.jpg image in the folder and it still only shows the folder. The folders in that folder show the images but not the main folder. I would like to have for example, a Harry Potter folder that holds folders with the Harry Potter movies in it. Have a graphic saying Harry Potter in a nice font, or graphic, and then have the Harry Potter cover graphics in the movie folders.
You need to import data from an external source (DVD Profiler/IMDB) and then set the grouping/sorting to Category view.

Quote:
Also, is there a way to put Sage into standby with this STV?.
That's what the little circle top left is for.
Old 11-13-2005, 04:14 PM

Quote:
same here, I'm going to start trying to build my own stv, but until I have the time to put into it, I will be using this stv, I just like to see everything working right, I really don't understand how using one stv in one folder, and using another stv in another folder can cause sage to act this way. I've made absolutely no modifications to this stv nor changed the folder structure from the zip file, I'm going to attach the screenshot of whats going on in the settings menu.

But the main problem is that the problems I am seeing are only in the latest version of this stv, not the previous ones. And I wasn't trying to dis you mlbdude, I was just making a few bug reports and feature requests. Keep up the good work

P.S. I have noticed something weird with sagetv itself I don't think its exactly stv independent since out of the box it doesn't support comskip, but I have noticed it across different stvs, when I pause a file that is comskipped and then come back and press play a few minutes later all the comskip info disappears and the file seems to have no gaps
Just to be sure I installed the STV on a fresh PC that has never had Sage on it. Everything worked fine. I would suggest checking your properties file for any references to OrigionalV2. Then you can try to delete the SageMC STV and the SageMCE folder. Then try installing again to your SageTV\SageTV folder.
Old 11-13-2005, 04:20 PM
Sage Icon

mlbdude (and others). Do you know how hard it would be to bind one of the "custom" commands (i.e., custom1) to the comskip command in the options menu, while watching a show?

I frequently turn it off and on during a show, and it would require a lot fewer button presses.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:34 AM
Sage Expert

Where do I select which channels I want as movie channels within SageMC? If I go into MyTV -> Movies, there is nothing in there.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmgranger
Where do I select which channels I want as movie channels within SageMC? If I go into MyTV -> Movies, there is nothing in there.
Movies just shows items in your guide data that have a main category of Movie. If there is nothing there then the data is missing from your guide data.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:56 AM
Sage Aficionado

It's not missing, it's just that in the UK they mark them as films rather than movies.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoney
It's not missing, it's just that in the UK they mark them as films rather than movies.
Ah, that may do it if Sage stores the category as films. I will make it a property instead and you guys can try it to see if that works.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:08 AM
Sage Aficionado

Should do. I just go to Search -> Categories -> Film at the moment to see all the films.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:19 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
Ah, that may do it if Sage stores the category as films. I will make it a property instead and you guys can try it to see if that works.
That'd be superb!