SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 11-14-2005, 04:15 PM
Sage Expert

Send a message via ICQ to wbarber69 Send a message via AIM to wbarber69 Send a message via MSN to wbarber69 Send a message via Yahoo to wbarber69
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
Just to be sure I installed the STV on a fresh PC that has never had Sage on it. Everything worked fine. I would suggest checking your properties file for any references to OrigionalV2. Then you can try to delete the SageMC STV and the SageMCE folder. Then try installing again to your SageTV\SageTV folder.
its okay I ended up doing the same thing, I had upgraded sage and here and there I think there were overall file reference problems, so I uninstalled edited all my properties files and imported all my wiz files, then cranked her up and I've had no problems, I just wish I could get the stupid multi-speed ff/rw to work
Old 11-14-2005, 05:55 PM

New Dev Build

Updated the dev build. Small visual fixes here and there. Added a new property you can use to clasify what main category SageMC will use to view movies.

mlbdude/movie_category=Movie
Old 11-14-2005, 06:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

mlb - just wanted to let you know i'm loving the filters and the left/back button...great going - thanks
Old 11-15-2005, 04:58 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Updated the dev build. Small visual fixes here and there. Added a new property you can use to clasify what main category SageMC will use to view movies.

mlbdude/movie_category=Movie
You d'man!

Works flawlessly, thanks
Old 11-15-2005, 03:18 PM

Updated Dev

Updated the dev build. Included a fix for the giant image problem for DVD if you have seen it.

Also continue to work on the DVD controls. Let me know if there is anything you can think of that would be cool for the DVD player.

Last edited by mlbdude; 11-15-2005 at 03:23 PM.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:04 PM
Sage Icon

I know that this has been posted but a search of this thread came back empty. What is the property setting to make the icon transitions when you scroll over the menu items stop. I am using this on an MVP and it just bogs down the system. Thanks
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 11-15-2005, 04:40 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUC
I know that this has been posted but a search of this thread came back empty. What is the property setting to make the icon transitions when you scroll over the menu items stop. I am using this on an MVP and it just bogs down the system. Thanks
JUC
I'm pretty sure that if you search your properties file for 'animation' you should find the property. Then just set it to no (or false).
Old 11-15-2005, 04:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

I saw where the left button could be used as back but I am having a hard time figuring how to make it work. The PC's I am using with MCE 2K5 remotes work great as that remote has a back button. The one I use with a Streamzap though is kicking my butt.. Is it a properties setting somewhere?

Also, the new simple weather looks really nice but I also can't figure out what to do to make it show up. I have loaded the latest STV file, and the latest build but it is still showing the big one that comes with the standard Sage STV. I guess I don't know where to look to make all this neat stuff even neater..

Thanks, Randy
Old 11-15-2005, 05:24 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmgranger
I'm pretty sure that if you search your properties file for 'animation' you should find the property. Then just set it to no (or false).

'animation'!!! That's where i was going wrong. Thanks a bunch--i should be able to figure it out now--just was looking for the wrong thing
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 11-15-2005, 06:08 PM
Sage Icon

mlb. Love those DVD controls. Very nice feature, especially if you don't want to look down at your remote.

Sure wish I could get a hold of that comskip enable/disable menu item some how? No one with any ideas on that? I'm wanting to bind "Custom1" command to the comskip enable/disable...

On another note, I updated my chipset drivers/video drivers (mistake), and now I can't seem to get 5.1 DTS or DD sound out. I've tried accessing the nVidia decoder settings, but can never get it to show up. If I use WMP, I can get the video properties, but no audio properties to adjust... I switched to using the Sage audio decoders, but still nothing. (Where's the best place to post a question like this, besides here? General?)
Old 11-15-2005, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
mlb. Love those DVD controls. Very nice feature, especially if you don't want to look down at your remote.

Sure wish I could get a hold of that comskip enable/disable menu item some how? No one with any ideas on that? I'm wanting to bind "Custom1" command to the comskip enable/disable...

On another note, I updated my chipset drivers/video drivers (mistake), and now I can't seem to get 5.1 DTS or DD sound out. I've tried accessing the nVidia decoder settings, but can never get it to show up. If I use WMP, I can get the video properties, but no audio properties to adjust... I switched to using the Sage audio decoders, but still nothing. (Where's the best place to post a question like this, besides here? General?)
Ac3Filter is probably running instead of NVDVD. If you don't need it try and remove it. Otherwise, make sure you are running the latest version of AC3Filter and set it to preferr other decoders and reboot.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprDtyF350
I saw where the left button could be used as back but I am having a hard time figuring how to make it work. The PC's I am using with MCE 2K5 remotes work great as that remote has a back button. The one I use with a Streamzap though is kicking my butt.. Is it a properties setting somewhere?

Also, the new simple weather looks really nice but I also can't figure out what to do to make it show up. I have loaded the latest STV file, and the latest build but it is still showing the big one that comes with the standard Sage STV. I guess I don't know where to look to make all this neat stuff even neater..

Thanks, Randy
If you are still seeing the standard weather screen, then you must be using an older STV. Make sure you are loading the STV from the correct folder. For using the left arrow as back, make sure this property is set when Sage is closed:

mlbdude/use_left_as_back=true
Old 11-15-2005, 08:48 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Ac3Filter is probably running instead of NVDVD. If you don't need it try and remove it. Otherwise, make sure you are running the latest version of AC3Filter and set it to preferr other decoders and reboot.
How is AC3Filter installed? Also, is that what it is called in the "Add/Remove Programs?"

It sounds like you are right, because I never see the NVDVD icon show up in the system tray when playing a movie or video file...
Old 11-15-2005, 09:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
If you are still seeing the standard weather screen, then you must be using an older STV. Make sure you are loading the STV from the correct folder. For using the left arrow as back, make sure this property is set when Sage is closed:

mlbdude/use_left_as_back=true
Thanks, works perfect now that I put the STV file in the right folder. I had gotten used to just extracting everything into the Sage TV folder and having them go where they belong. Guess I will look closer at where they are going next time. The weather setup is great, and the left back button makes navigation so much nicer.. At least with my Streamzap remote.

I have another question. Is there a way to use something for visualizations with the music player besides the really ugly one that comes with Sage? The music player works great but the visualization... Well...

Thanks again...
Old 11-15-2005, 11:02 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
How is AC3Filter installed? Also, is that what it is called in the "Add/Remove Programs?"

It sounds like you are right, because I never see the NVDVD icon show up in the system tray when playing a movie or video file...
I see this listed in the "Audio" setup inside of SageTV, but I don't know how to uninstall it...

Currently, the audio decoder is set to NVDVD. Video for both the "Video" section, and DVD are set up for NVDVD. I've tried SageTV decoder for Audio, but I can't seem to get the correct output. I think I'm just getting 2ch audio out...
Old 11-16-2005, 06:51 AM

Quote:
I see this listed in the "Audio" setup inside of SageTV, but I don't know how to uninstall it...

Currently, the audio decoder is set to NVDVD. Video for both the "Video" section, and DVD are set up for NVDVD. I've tried SageTV decoder for Audio, but I can't seem to get the correct output. I think I'm just getting 2ch audio out...
Sage is apparently installing an older version of this. You would basically need to unregister the filter. I just downloaded the new version which overwrote the old version Sage put on there and configured it the way I needed it. I do use AC3Filter for DD 5.1 XVid.

I think even in the old filter on the last page or so you can set it to not be the default decoder. Just make sure you reboot afte making this setting in any version.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:43 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Sage is apparently installing an older version of this. You would basically need to unregister the filter. I just downloaded the new version which overwrote the old version Sage put on there and configured it the way I needed it. I do use AC3Filter for DD 5.1 XVid.

I think even in the old filter on the last page or so you can set it to not be the default decoder. Just make sure you reboot afte making this setting in any version.
Thanks, I will go download the newer version, however, how to I get to the settings page?
Old 11-16-2005, 01:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Try bringing up Windows Media Player. Tools-Options-DVD-Advanced should bring up the audio decoder page. Last tab or page you should see a check box so that it is not used as the default audio decoder.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:41 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky
Try bringing up Windows Media Player. Tools-Options-DVD-Advanced should bring up the audio decoder page. Last tab or page you should see a check box so that it is not used as the default audio decoder.

Gerry
Thank you. Will this keep Sage from using it? I don't follow how setting it in WMP affects Sage? Or is it a setting in the actual decoder, that tells itself not to be used? That would be strange...
Old 11-16-2005, 03:41 PM
SageTVaholic

It is a setting in the actual decoder to say prefer another decoder. It prevents it from being used as the default.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.