SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 11-16-2005, 06:17 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky
It is a setting in the actual decoder to say prefer another decoder. It prevents it from being used as the default.

Gerry
Ah, thanks, I will give that a try later this week, and hope that fixes the problem.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:51 PM
Sage Icon

Thank you all so much. That did it. I just set the setting in the decoder to "prefer another decoder" but also noticed that there was some check boxes that weren't checked that had S/PDIF passthrough (DTS and some others...), so I checked those as well. Now I can use the nVidia decoder or the SageTV decoder, and both output DTS or DD.

Thanks again.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:25 AM
Sage User

Other Programs

I am trying to get "Other Programs" to work from the main menu. I created a c:\other directory, added nero shortcut and nero.jpg in the C:\other folder and added mlbdude/other_programs=c\:\\other to sage.properties. Restarted Sage and still no go. Any ideas?

-Soulive
Old 11-17-2005, 09:30 AM
Sage Icon

Did you enable "Other Programs" on the main menu with the "Options" button? Sorry to be basic, but you didn't mention it... (In other words, is "Other Programs" showing up on the main menu?
Old 11-17-2005, 10:22 AM
Sage User

Yes, "Other Programs" is enabled.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulive
I am trying to get "Other Programs" to work from the main menu. I created a c:\other directory, added nero shortcut and nero.jpg in the C:\other folder and added mlbdude/other_programs=c\:\\other to sage.properties. Restarted Sage and still no go. Any ideas?

-Soulive
Are you running in Service mode? If yes, does the service account have rights to that folder? Are you sure Sage was completely closed when you made the properteis file change?
Old 11-17-2005, 11:18 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
Are you running in Service mode? If yes, does the service account have rights to that folder? Are you sure Sage was completely closed when you made the properteis file change?
Ah, good point. I am running in Service mode and believe it's running as Local System (default). I'll verify later tonight. Hmm...dosen't Local System give admin privileges, so it should have access. I did restart both the service and the UI.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Ah, good point. I am running in Service mode and believe it's running as Local System (default). I'll verify later tonight. Hmm...dosen't Local System give admin privileges, so it should have access. I did restart both the service and the UI.
You restarted them, but were both shut down when making the properties change?
Old 11-17-2005, 07:28 PM

New Dev Build

Updated the dev build. Only new features is a new Main Menu style. To enable it use the Options command on the Main Menu. You can now switch between Sage and MCE style. Sage style is same as before. MCE style is similar to how MCE does it but without the animation. This menu style is great for users that have lots of main menu items. Still working on it but thought I would share.

Note: When you enable\disable menu items in the Options menu with the MCE style menu, make sure you use the Refresh option in the Options menu to refresh the Main Menu.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:52 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
You restarted them, but were both shut down when making the properties change?
Whoops! I added the "other_programs" property to sage.properties instead of sageclient.properties. Now it's working. Thanks!!
Old 11-17-2005, 09:03 PM
Sage User

Watched/Don't Like Icons and Browse Media Files

2 questions/concerns..

1. In the default stv for Sage 4 you can Browse Media Files from the Media Center menu and select a file to play (Sage 4.0 manual pg 89). Is that function supported in this stv?

2. I've noticed that on the Schedule screen the Watched and Don't Like icons are not displayed concurrently for a upcoming recording. Don't Like takes precedence. The Program Info screen shows both. Is this the normal behavior?

Thanks!
Old 11-17-2005, 09:52 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
MCE style is similar to how MCE does it but without the animation. This menu style is great for users that have lots of main menu items. Still working on it but thought I would share.

Note: When you enable\disable menu items in the Options menu with the MCE style menu, make sure you use the Refresh option in the Options menu to refresh the Main Menu.
Wow! That was quick! Is there a way to eliminate the 'space bar from the last entry to the first one... it would then be a 'seamless' transition?

On another front, so we don't have to keep dropping to Studio and changing them, could you update the background(s) on the parental controls and the channel setup screens? They are still setup to the original background1024.jpg vs the SageMC background.png.

-Jason
Old 11-18-2005, 03:04 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Updated the dev build. Only new features is a new Main Menu style. To enable it use the Options command on the Main Menu. You can now switch between Sage and MCE style. Sage style is same as before. MCE style is similar to how MCE does it but without the animation. This menu style is great for users that have lots of main menu items. Still working on it but thought I would share.

I was just about to ask you for this option!!

Now all we need are the fade outs of the menu text towards the top and bottom, and that way cool 'slip and bounce' animation effect when the menu moves up and down.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
Wow! That was quick! Is there a way to eliminate the 'space bar from the last entry to the first one... it would then be a 'seamless' transition?

On another front, so we don't have to keep dropping to Studio and changing them, could you update the background(s) on the parental controls and the channel setup screens? They are still setup to the original background1024.jpg vs the SageMC background.png.

-Jason
I'll check one more time, but at least on the channel setup that I looked at all was good. You guys are somehow getting to the wrong menu.

I added the space to make it look better. It had a funny look then I went to MCE to check and it was the added spacer in MCE that made it work for me.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmgranger
I was just about to ask you for this option!!

Now all we need are the fade outs of the menu text towards the top and bottom, and that way cool 'slip and bounce' animation effect when the menu moves up and down.
I tried for a fade, but Sage does not seem to be working well with transparent text any more. If it does, I intended to have to top and bottom ones at 50%.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:55 AM

Quote:
2 questions/concerns..

1. In the default stv for Sage 4 you can Browse Media Files from the Media Center menu and select a file to play (Sage 4.0 manual pg 89). Is that function supported in this stv?

2. I've noticed that on the Schedule screen the Watched and Don't Like icons are not displayed concurrently for a upcoming recording. Don't Like takes precedence. The Program Info screen shows both. Is this the normal behavior?

Thanks!
#1 It is on the list.

#2 This is as designed.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:23 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I'll check one more time, but at least on the channel setup that I looked at all was good. You guys are somehow getting to the wrong menu.
Out of curiosity, and because I too have this problem when going to the channel setup. How exactly are you getting there?

I fixed it by copying the old background from the V2 folder to the V3 STV folder and all is well.

Good job on the STV though, it's my favorite and I couldn't live without it.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cummings66
Out of curiosity, and because I too have this problem when going to the channel setup. How exactly are you getting there?

I fixed it by copying the old background from the V2 folder to the V3 STV folder and all is well.

Good job on the STV though, it's my favorite and I couldn't live without it.
I have been using the link in the Setup menu. The correct channel setup menu uses the current theme background image I think the location set in the theme is SAGEMCE\images\background.png.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:25 PM

New Dev Build

Very minor. I did find a background issue with Parental Controls menu. This is fixed. Can't find a missing background for channel setup.

Also added a property to remove the spacer from the new menu if you don't like it.

mlbdude/include_menu_spacer=true
Old 11-18-2005, 09:03 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Can't find a missing background for channel setup.
It is still set to images\background1024.jpg...

The theme in question is "SetupWizardMenuTheme" which is under the "Channel Setup Old" menu.

While I am not sure (gotta go and play Soccer tonight...) what the specific differences are between the "Channel Setup Old" and "Channel Setup" menu items, the non-'Old' menu appears to be the same thing. Is THAT the actual issue... the menu should be selecting 'Channel Setup' and not 'Chanel Setup Old'?

-Jason

-Jason