SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 11-21-2005, 07:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by akenis
5. Will nielms multispeed FF/RW work if I rename the STVi to STV?
I think he is alluding to that fact that the import stvi function appears to be looking for "stv", not "stvi" in your custom stv

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix
Old 11-21-2005, 07:41 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by akenis

2. In planning, I kind of liked the background video vice the window. I migrated from Microsoft Ultimate TV, and the kids always complained about watching the "little TV" in the corner as I fumbled through the guide. With MCE Sage, there's really not enough contrast going through the MVP to use a transparent guide on the background, so I thought I'd try the "little TV". On my MVP's the "little TV" isn't a shrunk display, but just the lower left hand corner of the full display. Why is that? It's also wierd that if I'm watching TV and then pull up the guide the playback pauses. Is that related to the "always" or "if active" option.
The MVP can't properly display the preview window--it will only show the bottom left corner of the display--which you found out. I think this is a limitation of the MVP plugin and that it cannot properly resize the video. So, you can either disable the preview window (never show video's on menu) which will cause the playback to pause whenever you exit TV mode OR you can select the background option (for me this is too much to look at so I just don't use the preview window or background). I really miss the preview window but it is a small price to pay for a cheap thin client. Can't wait for sage's to come out though as I really need HD output for my client.
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 11-21-2005, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCoat999
I think he is alluding to that fact that the import stvi function appears to be looking for "stv", not "stvi" in your custom stv
I have it like that intentionally since imports won't work. You need to REALY think about it before doing it.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:35 PM
Sage User

Hi mlbdude,

using your latest dev build, I do not have the Play dvd option if using the mce menu style setting, all is well when in sage style.

Thanks for all the updates you are a star.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyoman
Hi mlbdude,

using your latest dev build, I do not have the Play dvd option if using the mce menu style setting, all is well when in sage style.

Thanks for all the updates you are a star.
I will check it out. I may have forgotten it .
Old 11-21-2005, 05:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

Show analyzer support or just comskip?

Hi guys,

Please bear with me if this is already in this thread, but can this .stv be used with show analyzer or just comskip? Will I need to use the comskip proxy in order to use SA wit this stv?

Thanks

Matt
Old 11-21-2005, 06:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ahh, found the answer myself. If anyone else has this question look here:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...5&postcount=43

Matt
Old 11-22-2005, 12:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcaron1234
Hi guys,

Please bear with me if this is already in this thread, but can this .stv be used with show analyzer or just comskip? Will I need to use the comskip proxy in order to use SA wit this stv?

Thanks

Matt

Matt,

I think I've figured out all the comskip stuff. Sorry if this is watered down, but it took me a long time to put it all together, and life would have been a lot easier with this knowledge:

1. A program, usually either comskip.exe or show analyazer, must run to generate a .txt file that contains the comercial breaks.

2. How does this program get run? Again, one of two way's I've seen
a) Dirmon runs as a separate program (put it in start up, or use firedaemon to run it as a service). It monitors your directories for video files and runs the program of your choice, ususally SA or comskip.exe.
or..
b) A comskip enabled STV makes a call for comskip.exe. The SA proxy could be used inplace of comskip.exe to use SA instead.
3. What is a comskip enabled STV? Start with vanilla Sage and import the comskip.stvi file OR use an STV that has it built in. Neither actually includes the comskip.exe program. Either way you'll end up with options in setup and options on the now playing screen. In set up, you specify (enable/disable) if you want Sage to go out and run comskip.exe, or SA if you use the proxy. If you use DirMon, disable comskip here. On the now playing screen options you specify (enable/disable) if you you want to use the .txt files and actually skip commercials.

Clear as mud? I've seen a lot of posts seem to prefer DirMon and SA. Dirmon cleans up orphan .txt files after the video is deleted. SA claims to be less CPU intensive and some say it's more accurate. The combination lets you monitor and control the process if you want. Tray icons let you see what is going on. Comskip was kind of like black magic to me running in the background, and crashed a couple of times.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:46 AM
Sage Aficionado

Can we get a wiki set up for this? I know mlbdude asked about it a couple of pages ago, but I think this thread is getting too big and cumbersome. It will be a nice FAQ for questions that keep coming up over and over, and everyone can help build it once the page is there.

For example, I need to know how to get the DVD profiler information to show up. What do I need to do to get this info appearing in the My Videos?

mlbdude also needs to set up a paypal account so we can donate to this very worthy cause for all the work he has done!!!

Thanks

Old 11-22-2005, 12:46 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Can we get a wiki set up for this? I know mlbdude asked about it a couple of pages ago, but I think this thread is getting too big and cumbersome. It will be a nice FAQ for questions that keep coming up over and over, and everyone can help build it once the page is there.

For example, I need to know how to get the DVD profiler information to show up. What do I need to do to get this info appearing in the My Videos?

mlbdude also needs to set up a paypal account so we can donate to this very worthy cause for all the work he has done!!!

Thanks
The wiki would be cool.

As for DVD Profiler:

If DVD Profiler is on your HTPC machine, it's much easier to setup, at least, this property:

mlbdude/DVDProfiler_Root=C\:\\Program Files\\InterVocative Software\\DVD Profiler

You need to export your collection as an XML file, and this property specifies the location of that file:

mlbdude/meta_data_collection.xml=C\:\\Program Files\\SageTV\\SageTV\\STVs\\SageTV2\\SageMCE\\collection.xml

The names in DVD Profiler have to match the folder names of your movies, EXACTLY. If DVD Profiler puts in that it's a 2 Disc Special Edition, that has to be there too. What I normally do, after typing the UPC code in, is edit the title that is show, to just be the title of the movie, nothing else.

I normally put my movies in a folder structure like this:

D:\DVD\Napoleon Dynamite\VIDEO_TS\
D:\DVD\Napoleon Dynamite\AUDIO_TS\

The AUDIO_TS folder is empty, and the video files are located in VIDEO_TS.

Once you've set all this up (change the properties file with SageTV closed out), all you have to do, is go into your My Videos, and from the "Options" menu, choose refresh DVD Profiler Information.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:57 PM
Sage User

I don’t have any DVD’s ripped to hard drive, I do however have 350+ DVD’s in my collection it would be great to be able to browse these titles in sage is this possible?
Old 11-22-2005, 01:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hours available for recordings

Is there a way to see how many hours are free in this stv instead of Gb left like you can with neilms dynamic menus?
Old 11-22-2005, 02:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyoman
I don’t have any DVD’s ripped to hard drive, I do however have 350+ DVD’s in my collection it would be great to be able to browse these titles in sage is this possible?
That is my understanding, and following the instructions from geogecko in the posting before yours or from mlbdude here will hopefully accomplish that. I will find out tonight (if I get time).

Last edited by RedCoat999; 11-22-2005 at 02:19 PM.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:57 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
That is my understanding, and following the instructions from geogecko in the posting before yours or from mlbdude here will hopefully accomplish that. I will find out tonight (if I get time).
Yep, it's possible (haven't tried it yet), but it's considered "Off-line" DVD's. When you go to play it, it will tell you that it is an off-line DVD, which means you have to insert the disc...
Old 11-23-2005, 08:13 AM

New Dev Build

Fixed some issues brought up in the new menu.

Added a new menu item - My Plugins. Enable with the Options menu. Developers can create self contained menu's and have them imported into hte SageMC STV. They can be registered with SageMC by adding property lines as below:

mlbdude/plugins/deria_weater_monitor/Author=Deria
mlbdude/plugins/deria_weater_monitor/Description=The Weather plugin is an enhanced weather module for SageTV
mlbdude/plugins/deria_weater_monitor/Menu=Weather Monitor Plugin - deria
mlbdude/plugins/deria_weater_monitor/Title=Weather Monitor
mlbdude/plugins/deria_system_monitor/Author=Deria
mlbdude/plugins/deria_system_monitor/Description=The System Monitor plugin is an extremely configurable disk utilization monitor
mlbdude/plugins/deria_system_monitor/Menu=System Monitor Plugin - deria
mlbdude/plugins/deria_system_monitor/Title=System Monitor

These samples are live but being worked on. If you want to try them out feel free to add these lines to your properties file while Sage is closed. Also make sure you download each of Deria's plugins and extract to your SageTV folder. Just do NOT import the STVI. Only the supporting files are needed. These will be included in the next full release.

Thanks to Deria for all the work done on these plugins!
Old 11-23-2005, 09:57 AM
Sage Icon

Interesting...

I'd be interested in seeing a "hours or GB free" indicator on the main menu, like at the top right corner or bottom right corner. My VFD in my HTPC displays this information, but it's on a cycle, and it's sometimes hard to read from the couch. Would be nice to see it on the main menu (not as a menu item, just displayed there). Maybe an enable/disable on the main menu "options" selection would allow those that didn't want it, to turn it off. Just an idea.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Interesting...

I'd be interested in seeing a "hours or GB free" indicator on the main menu, like at the top right corner or bottom right corner. My VFD in my HTPC displays this information, but it's on a cycle, and it's sometimes hard to read from the couch. Would be nice to see it on the main menu (not as a menu item, just displayed there). Maybe an enable/disable on the main menu "options" selection would allow those that didn't want it, to turn it off. Just an idea.
That would have to be created by another developer. I am not into littering the UI with that kind of info even if it is usefull. Plus for me, I am the user that lets Sage manage my files and it has a whole drive. So it is alwasy full .
Old 11-23-2005, 12:16 PM
Sage Icon

Good point. I understand about keeping the UI simple and clean. That's the way my wife likes it.

I usually keep tabs on the drive space anyway, but my 160GB (actually about 130GB after formatting and a small OS partition) is eaten away faster than I expected. Guess it's time to get a mass storage solution...
Old 11-23-2005, 02:10 PM

New Dev Build

Again. Stopping for today so figured I would copy up the latest.

Can now select and edit Aspect Ratios from the DVD controls or if it is not a DVD from the Options menu. I put some new images in the Sage Downloads section.

http://forums.sage.tv/forums/downloa...?do=file&id=37
Old 11-23-2005, 07:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

@mlbdude

I think that this is part of the SageTV core and is therefore something that you can't control (but I'll ask anyway just in case).

However is it possible to restrict a Keywords series record specification to a show's title?

I use xmltv and the source often changes how it refers to programs. For example the third series of The Apprentice can be referred to as:
The Apprentice S3
The Apprentice III
The Apprentice 3
etc

I want to be able to tell Sage to record anything with "Apprentice" in the title but ignore it with the word in the description (the real killer is "ER").

As always huge thanks for SageMC - without it Sage wouldn't be my PVR of choice.

BTW Sage has confirmed that the problem with recovering Genres from WMA files is a bug in the SageTV core. It has been fixed and will be rolled in the next maintenance release.

Cheers

Eric