SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 11-23-2005, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by something fishy
@mlbdude

I think that this is part of the SageTV core and is therefore something that you can't control (but I'll ask anyway just in case).

However is it possible to restrict a Keywords series record specification to a show's title?

I use xmltv and the source often changes how it refers to programs. For example the third series of The Apprentice can be referred to as:
The Apprentice S3
The Apprentice III
The Apprentice 3
etc

I want to be able to tell Sage to record anything with "Apprentice" in the title but ignore it with the word in the description (the real killer is "ER").

As always huge thanks for SageMC - without it Sage wouldn't be my PVR of choice.

BTW Sage has confirmed that the problem with recovering Genres from WMA files is a bug in the SageTV core. It has been fixed and will be rolled in the next maintenance release.

Cheers

Eric
Check this out:
http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...ord#post107196
Old 11-23-2005, 07:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

excellent; many thanks
eric
Old 11-24-2005, 02:37 AM
Sage User

Help, this is driving me mad, please tell me where I am going wrong?

I have installed DVD Profiler in its default path on drive C: and am using the following line in my sage properties file

mlbdude/DVDProfiler_Root=C\:\\Program Files\\InterVocative Software\\DVD Profiler

On my video drive D: I have created a folder called Offline and a further folder inside named Offline DVD’S. I have exported a collection.xml file into folder Offline DVD’s and am using the following line.

mlbdude/meta_data_collection.xml=D\:\\Offline\\Offline DVD’s\\collection.xml

I have even added

mlbdude/offline_path=D\:\\Offline\\Offline DVD's

No matter what I try I cant seem to get any data to show.
Old 11-24-2005, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyoman
Help, this is driving me mad, please tell me where I am going wrong?

I have installed DVD Profiler in its default path on drive C: and am using the following line in my sage properties file

mlbdude/DVDProfiler_Root=C\:\\Program Files\\InterVocative Software\\DVD Profiler

On my video drive D: I have created a folder called Offline and a further folder inside named Offline DVD’S. I have exported a collection.xml file into folder Offline DVD’s and am using the following line.

mlbdude/meta_data_collection.xml=D\:\\Offline\\Offline DVD’s\\collection.xml

I have even added

mlbdude/offline_path=D\:\\Offline\\Offline DVD's

No matter what I try I cant seem to get any data to show.
What properties file did you add it to? Are you running in service mode?
Old 11-24-2005, 09:37 AM
Sage Icon

I set this up just a few minutes ago, and here is what I did.

I basically set mine up the same as yours, but my offline DVD's were in D:\OFFLINE, and my collection.xml is in another place.

Anyway, I found that I had to add my D:\OFFLINE directory to the import paths, and do a directory import refresh, then the offline DVD's showed up.

However, I then did an import offline DVD Profiler information, and it screwed everything up. I now have double folders for every movie, even online DVD's...

Should the offline and online DVD Profiler information be in two different XML files? Like collection_online.xml and collection_offline.xml?

That's the only reason I can think that it would do that, but there is only one collection.xml location property inside of the sage properties file, so I can't see how this would work...

Hmm...I also put a folder in the Offline directory that I created, similar to the structure of my online DVD folders, with the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders, just empty, but this appears to not be needed, because one of the movies that is in the collection.xml file, is not in a folder, and it shows up... I think that's why I'm getting double folders...

Last edited by geogecko; 11-24-2005 at 09:43 AM.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:50 AM

The instructions for offline still seem to work for me:
http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...&postcount=462

Don't manually create anything in any of your library import paths or it will show up twice. Basically the STV will loop through the DVD Profiler XML and if it can't find a matching title in the Sage DB for that item it will create the necessary items in the offline folder for import.
Old 11-24-2005, 10:25 AM
Sage Icon

Followed those to a 'T'.

I removed the import directory, "D:\OFFLINE" and close sage out.

I then removed everything in the OFFLINE folder.

Then I restarted Sage. I added the import folder "OFFLINE" and went to My Videos.

At this point, I only see folders for movies that are ripped to the hard drive, in D:\DVD.

Then, I do an import DVD Profiler Offline information. Nothing happens. Then, when I do a rescan of library import folders, all the offline movies show up. I now don't get the doubling of EVERY movie, but only of movies that I've ripped to the HD.

Any suggestions?

D:\DVD\The Majestic\VIDEO_TS
D:\DVD\The Majestic\AUDIO_TS

The AUDIO_TS folder is empty, the VIDEO_TS has the video files, and folder.jpg's. In the base folder The Majestic, there is nothing, except the told above folders.

It looks like the STV is not noticing that I have a folder named with the movie in DVD Profiler, so it's creating an Offline "video file." One of them plays, the other says it's an offline video.
Old 11-24-2005, 11:16 AM
Sage Icon

Happy Turkey Day, by the way...
Old 11-24-2005, 01:34 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
What properties file did you add it to? Are you running in service mode?
I added to the sage properties file and I have diabled the service mode
Old 11-24-2005, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Followed those to a 'T'.

I removed the import directory, "D:\OFFLINE" and close sage out.

I then removed everything in the OFFLINE folder.

Then I restarted Sage. I added the import folder "OFFLINE" and went to My Videos.

At this point, I only see folders for movies that are ripped to the hard drive, in D:\DVD.

Then, I do an import DVD Profiler Offline information. Nothing happens. Then, when I do a rescan of library import folders, all the offline movies show up. I now don't get the doubling of EVERY movie, but only of movies that I've ripped to the HD.

Any suggestions?

D:\DVD\The Majestic\VIDEO_TS
D:\DVD\The Majestic\AUDIO_TS

The AUDIO_TS folder is empty, the VIDEO_TS has the video files, and folder.jpg's. In the base folder The Majestic, there is nothing, except the told above folders.

It looks like the STV is not noticing that I have a folder named with the movie in DVD Profiler, so it's creating an Offline "video file." One of them plays, the other says it's an offline video.
For some reason the doubles are happening since the title in DVD Profiler is not matching what you have for those other movies. If there are not a lot of them, just delete them from Sage.
Old 11-24-2005, 03:34 PM
Sage User

still no luck

I am exporting my collection.xml file from dvd profiler to D:\Offline\Offline DVD's there is nothing else in those folders, is that correct? I have added the above path to my import folders. I then go to MyVideos and in the settings dialoge select Meta-Data options and then import offline dvd profiler videos.

Nothing shows up
Old 11-24-2005, 10:37 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyoman
still no luck

I am exporting my collection.xml file from dvd profiler to D:\Offline\Offline DVD's there is nothing else in those folders, is that correct? I have added the above path to my import folders. I then go to MyVideos and in the settings dialoge select Meta-Data options and then import offline dvd profiler videos.

Nothing shows up
Then you have to do a re-import from the options menu (re-import from video libraries). I get nothing when I do the import offline dvd profiler videos either, but a scan of the import directories brings the files in...
Old 11-24-2005, 10:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
For some reason the doubles are happening since the title in DVD Profiler is not matching what you have for those other movies. If there are not a lot of them, just delete them from Sage.
? Not sure what you mean. The titles match (for the ripped DVD's), because I get the meta data and images when I do the normal import DVD profiler information. Are you saying it's because the titles in DVD profiler don't match the actual video file names, inside of the VIDEO_TS folder?
Old 11-25-2005, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
? Not sure what you mean. The titles match (for the ripped DVD's), because I get the meta data and images when I do the normal import DVD profiler information. Are you saying it's because the titles in DVD profiler don't match the actual video file names, inside of the VIDEO_TS folder?
Something like that. SageMC determines an entry in your collection.xml is an offline one simply by the fact it cannot find a matching title in your Sage imports.

Can you give me some examples of titles and folder names for ones that are duplicates?
Old 11-25-2005, 08:18 AM

New Dev Build

Recreated most of the offline import functionality. Now takes you to a screen to allow you to select or deselect items for import to avoid duplicates. I also improved the detection routines so by default it will select only the ones SageMC thinks should be imported as offline (items that don't already exist in your video library).

Included an image of how it should look in the download section.

Let me know how it works!
Old 11-25-2005, 11:42 AM

New Dev Build

Pretty much made offline DVD's foolproof.

It will now auto add your offline path as it is in the properties file (if it is set to a propper path) for you if it is not there. To disable this, set the property mlbdude/auto_add_offline_path=false.

For users having issues, enable the error display for DVD Profiler by setting the property:
mlbdude/enable_dvd_profiler_errors=true

This should make it easy to setup and troubleshoot now. Let me know if this helps any of the users having issues with this feature.
Old 11-25-2005, 01:46 PM
Sage User

Thanks mlbdude,

I will give this a whirl and report back asap
Old 11-25-2005, 05:42 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
It will now auto add your offline path as it is in the properties file (if it is set to a propper path) for you if it is not there. To disable this, set the property mlbdude/auto_add_offline_path=false.
I don't follow exactly what this does, could you give an example?

Wow, sorry I was gone for most of the day, but just in case you needed the information you asked for several hours ago, here is one example.

D:\DVD\The Majestic\AUDIO_TS (This folder is empty.)
D:\DVD\The Majestic\VIDEO_TS (This folder contains the files listed below.)

folder.jpg
VIDEO_TS.BUP
VIDEO_TS.IFO
VTS_01_0.BUP
VTS_01_0.IFO
VTS_01_1.VOB
VTS_01_2.VOB
VTS_01_3.VOB
VTS_01_4.VOB
VTS_01_5.VOB
VTS_01_6.VOB
VTS_01_7.VOB

These were all files created by using DVDShrink, after removing all the extras on a DVD. 0% compression was used on the movie files.

I may be able to test a little later tonight, but my parents are here today, and they are marveling at the HTPC...
Old 11-25-2005, 07:57 PM

mlbdude/auto_add_offline_path=false would be used by someone (like me) that wants to control exactly what folder Sage uses for Offline movies. For example, I have d:\offline\Offline DVD's as my offline folder. If I let Sage auto add this it will add it has d:\offline\Offline DVD's. I actually like to have it added as d:\offline so that if I use file system view I have all my offline videos in a folder called Offline DVD's in the UI. Otherwise they are shows right at the root level.

When using Genre or Group view though this does not matter at all.
Old 11-25-2005, 08:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

Digital music channels as part of My Music

MBLDude - Thanks for this STV. It took me a while to get it up and running properly (RTFM, or RTF 57 page thread I suppose), but I love it. A feature request...

Would it be possible to somehow add my digital cable radio/music channels as a menu item under "My Music"?

Since they are really music, not tv, it irks me somehow to have them accessed through TV instead of Music...