SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 11-26-2005, 01:11 AM
Sage User

Hello mlbdude,

I have added the latest devbuild and I am now receiving the following to errors

1, DVD Profiler functionality could not be started

2, Make sure DVDPro2Sage is installed in your SageTV folder

Sorry to hassle you over this but I don’t often struggle with sage stuff, but this is driving me potty.

Jason
Old 11-26-2005, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyoman
Hello mlbdude,

I have added the latest devbuild and I am now receiving the following to errors

1, DVD Profiler functionality could not be started

2, Make sure DVDPro2Sage is installed in your SageTV folder

Sorry to hassle you over this but I don’t often struggle with sage stuff, but this is driving me potty.

Jason
If those are the only errors you get it basically means the Java DVDPro2Sage is not installed or working right. Check your SageTV folder to see if that folder exists and has any contents. Also, what version of Java are you running? Also what version of DVD Profiler are you using? It could also mean it can get to your collection.xml but it can't read it.

Last edited by mlbdude; 11-26-2005 at 07:27 AM.
Old 11-26-2005, 09:11 AM
Sage Icon

Sweet upgrade on the Offline DVD support. This time, even though I was able to select which movies imported, it already saw the movies I had. Thanks a lot, works a lot better, and even automates the rescan import folders action for you!

Oh, not sure when this was added, the scrolling menu, instead of the scrolling selector, but I like it. It would be cool to see the fading of the end menu selections like I think someone else mentoned...but no pressure!

Thanks, MLB.
Old 11-26-2005, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Sweet upgrade on the Offline DVD support. This time, even though I was able to select which movies imported, it already saw the movies I had. Thanks a lot, works a lot better, and even automates the rescan import folders action for you!

Oh, not sure when this was added, the scrolling menu, instead of the scrolling selector, but I like it. It would be cool to see the fading of the end menu selections like I think someone else mentoned...but no pressure!

Thanks, MLB.
The menu has been there a bit but is now the default menu. You can use the options command if you want to go back to the old menu.

Fading text seems to not work with 3D Acceleration on right now in Sage. Once this gets fixed I will look at it.
Old 11-26-2005, 09:48 AM

New Release

11/26/2005
SageMC_169_5_10 - Version 10 SageTV 4.x STV
SageMC169 Ver 5_10
Various bug fixes and enhancements.

My Videos now has a Play menu item when viewing by File System. It will queue up all videos from the current folder and all of its subfolders and auto play the queue.

My Music now remembers your last used view when returning to the menu.

Added back Simple Weather to main menu.

New recording type filter in Recordings menu. It only shows up if you are using Intelligent Recording.
Left is back behavior is now included. Use the below property to enable:
mlbdude/use_left_as_back=false

Added ability to limit external media player launching to specified extensions.
Change or add:
mlbdude/limit_external_to_extensions=*
to something like:
mlbdude/limit_external_to_extensions=.mpg,.mpeg

Updated the Sage weather menu as My Weather. Should be a good replacement for the old Simple Weather now.

Added a new property you can use to clasify what main category SageMC will use to view movies.
mlbdude/movie_category=Movie

New Main Menu style. To disable it use the Options command on the Main Menu. You can now switch between Sage and MCE style. Sage style is same as before. MCE style is similar to how MCE does it but without the animation. This menu style is great for users that have lots of main menu items.
Note: When you enable\disable menu items in the Options menu with the MCE style menu, make sure you use the Refresh option in the Options menu to refresh the Main Menu.
Also added a ability to remove the spacer from the new menu if you don't like it. Use the Options command on the main menu.

Added a new menu item - My Plugins. Enable with the Options menu. Developers can create self contained menu's and have them imported into hte SageMC STV. They can be registered with SageMC by adding property lines as below:
mlbdude/plugins/deria_weather_monitor/Author=Deria
mlbdude/plugins/deria_weather_monitor/Description=The Weather plugin is an enhanced weather module for SageTV
mlbdude/plugins/deria_weather_monitor/Menu=Weather Monitor Plugin - deria
mlbdude/plugins/deria_weather_monitor/Title=Weather Monitor
mlbdude/plugins/deria_system_monitor/Author=Deria
mlbdude/plugins/deria_system_monitor/Description=The System Monitor plugin is an extremely configurable disk utilization monitor
mlbdude/plugins/deria_system_monitor/Menu=System Monitor Plugin - deria
mlbdude/plugins/deria_system_monitor/Title=System Monitor

These samples are live but being worked on. If you want to try them out feel free to add these lines to your properties file while Sage is closed. Also make sure you download each of Deria's plugins and extract to your SageTV folder. Just do NOT import the STVI. Only the supporting files are needed. These will be included in the next full release.
Thanks to Deria for all the work done on these plugins!

Can now select and edit Aspect Ratios, Subtitles, and Audio Language from the DVD controls or if it is not a DVD from the Options menu.

Recreated most of the offline import functionality. Now takes you to a screen to allow you to select or deselect items for import to avoid duplicates. I also improved the detection routines so by default it will select only the ones SageMC thinks should be imported as offline (items that don't already exist in your video library).

For users having issues, enable the error display for DVD Profiler by setting the property:
mlbdude/enable_dvd_profiler_errors=true

This should make it easy to setup and troubleshoot now. Let me know if this helps any of the users having issues with this feature.

Dev build is also updated for those keeping current with the project.

Last edited by mlbdude; 11-26-2005 at 10:14 AM.
Old 11-26-2005, 09:56 AM

Documentation Volunteer

Looking for some Documentation Volunteer's. We really need to get the Wiki going for this STV so that it is not so intimidating for new users. There are so many options and abilities that are different than the normal Sage STV that need to be documented and explained.

If we could get someone to get it started that would be great. I have no idea how to get a SageMC page started let alone its child pages.

http://www.sage-community.org/
Old 11-26-2005, 10:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
mlbdude/plugins/deria_weater_monitor/Author=Deria
mlbdude/plugins/deria_weater_monitor/Description=The Weather plugin is an enhanced weather module for SageTV
mlbdude/plugins/deria_weater_monitor/Menu=Weather Monitor Plugin - deria
mlbdude/plugins/deria_weater_monitor/Title=Weather Monitor
Should these strings say "_weater_" or "_weather_" ?

Andy.
Old 11-26-2005, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS
Should these strings say "_weater_" or "_weather_" ?

Andy.
Actually, they are just unique ID's so it would work either way . But yes I meant weather.
Old 11-26-2005, 10:44 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
These samples are live but being worked on. If you want to try them out feel free to add these lines to your properties file while Sage is closed. Also make sure you download each of Deria's plugins and extract to your SageTV folder. Just do NOT import the STVI. Only the supporting files are needed. These will be included in the next full release.
Thanks to Deria for all the work done on these plugins!
Are these included with this new release, or do we still need to extract the import files?

I wouldn't mind helping with the documentation, I'll have a lot of time around Christmas, at least, if I don't end up racking up some things to do, while I'm off work?! But, I don't know that much about the Wiki process.

It would be good to get a list of all the properties lines that need to be added for certain features to work, and what each line does. I haven't experimented with all of the options, but am using a lot of them.
Old 11-26-2005, 10:51 AM
Sage Icon

Also, can:

C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\OriginalV2\SageMCE\

be deleted, now that it's showing up inside of \STVs\SageTV3\ ?
Old 11-26-2005, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Also, can:

C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\OriginalV2\SageMCE\

be deleted, now that it's showing up inside of \STVs\SageTV3\ ?
Yes this can be deleted. The support files for the plugins are included in the full release.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:34 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks. I just enabled the "My Plugins" menu item, after putting the above listed properties entries into the Sage.Properties file. The two plugins show up, but I got the following error message when trying to use either of the two.

Code:
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library:

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\SageTV.exe

R6029
- This application cannot run using the active version of the Microsoft .NET Runtime
Please contact the application's support team for more information.
This made SageTV crash, when clicking "OK" on the error message (the only button).

Hmm...could be that I don't have MS .NET installed? I did a Windows Update, and it shows both 1.1 and 2.0 versions. I am installing 2.0 as I'm typing this...
Old 11-26-2005, 12:37 PM

We will have to get Deria to answer this one for his plugin, but it does sound like you don't have the version of .Net it is looking for.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:40 PM
Sage Icon

Yep, that was it. Installed .NET 2.0, and it works!
Old 11-26-2005, 12:42 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't mind helping with the documentation, I'll have a lot of time around Christmas, at least, if I don't end up racking up some things to do, while I'm off work?! But, I don't know that much about the Wiki process.

It would be good to get a list of all the properties lines that need to be added for certain features to work, and what each line does. I haven't experimented with all of the options, but am using a lot of them.
If I can just get someone to setup the skeleton (main page linking to a page for each section "My TV", "My Videos", etc.) I can start filling in some of the harder items.

Then anyone can add detail as they learn.
Old 11-26-2005, 02:23 PM

I figured out some of the Wiki today so I started a SageMC169 section.

http://www.sage-community.org/index.cgi/wiki/SageMC169

Anyone that has learned something during their setup that would be usefull to others please feel free to share it on the wiki in the module that is appropriate. You can link to the images in the first post of this thread too if you like.
Old 11-26-2005, 02:24 PM
Sage User

Quote:
If those are the only errors you get it basically means the Java DVDPro2Sage is not installed or working right. Check your SageTV folder to see if that folder exists and has any contents. Also, what version of Java are you running? Also what version of DVD Profiler are you using? It could also mean it can get to your collection.xml but it can't read it.
I have the folder DVDPro2Sage in my C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV folder and it contains 2 files a java text file and class file, the folder is also in C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs however this folder only contains a class file.

Jave = j2re1.4.2_06 installed with Sagetv
DVD Profiler = 2.4.0 Build 868
Old 11-26-2005, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyoman
I have the folder DVDPro2Sage in my C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV folder and it contains 2 files a java text file and class file, the folder is also in C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs however this folder only contains a class file.

Jave = j2re1.4.2_06 installed with Sagetv
DVD Profiler = 2.4.0 Build 868
It should not be in the STVs folder so delete that one. That probably won't fix it though.

I think the only thing I can suggest at this point is if you can upload your collection.xml I can see if it works for me or causes the java library to bomb.
Old 11-26-2005, 03:05 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I figured out some of the Wiki today so I started a SageMC169 section.

http://www.sage-community.org/index.cgi/wiki/SageMC169

Anyone that has learned something during their setup that would be usefull to others please feel free to share it on the wiki in the module that is appropriate. You can link to the images in the first post of this thread too if you like.
Hmm...so anyone can edit this? It seems dangerous...

I guess one would want to keep a back up? Maybe I don't understand how this works, but it looks like I could just edit it myself, cut, paste, delete...right?
Old 11-26-2005, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Hmm...so anyone can edit this? It seems dangerous...

I guess one would want to keep a back up? Maybe I don't understand how this works, but it looks like I could just edit it myself, cut, paste, delete...right?
That is how a wiki works . It seems scary, but they seem to work. There are lots of Sage pages on that wiki site.