SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 11-26-2005, 03:14 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
That is how a wiki works . It seems scary, but they seem to work. There are lots of Sage pages on that wiki site.
Good enough. I'll start working on some Word or TXT documents, and copy and paste them when I think I've got everything right, for a particular section. Might be a few days. I tend to to this type of thing anyway, because it helps me to remember how to do everything in a short amount of time, when totally redoing a system.
Old 11-26-2005, 05:38 PM
Sage User

Lost Theme sounds

mlbdude,

I've lost my menu sounds when navigating through the menus. Is there someplace that this is configured? The sound folder is there under ....\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\Sounds.

Wait a sec.....I deleted the OriginalV2 directory. When I restored it, the sounds were back. Anyhow, is there a setting for this folder? Is your STV still pointing to the OriginalV2 directory?

Thanks,

dougrob
Old 11-26-2005, 08:16 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougrob
mlbdude,

I've lost my menu sounds when navigating through the menus. Is there someplace that this is configured? The sound folder is there under ....\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\Sounds.

Wait a sec.....I deleted the OriginalV2 directory. When I restored it, the sounds were back. Anyhow, is there a setting for this folder? Is your STV still pointing to the OriginalV2 directory?

Thanks,

dougrob
Yep, it must be referencing the old folder, because I lost them too when I deleted the folder in OriginalV2, and noticed that my Click3.wav (which was changed to a different sound), was not changing every time I upgraded the full STV files as well, which explains why the sound stayed the same.

I searched for sounds in the properties file, but didn't find any...
Old 11-26-2005, 08:25 PM
Sage Icon

Hmm...Well, I did a find & replace on OriginalV2 (found in 3 places) inside the Sage.Properties file, and replaced those with SageTV3. My sounds now work, but none of the replacements seemed to be related to sounds, mostly to weather. So now I'm wondering if I was "not" hearing things...
Old 11-26-2005, 09:29 PM

There is a shared property in there for grabbing the root folder to items. Check your properteis file and replace anything that is OrigionalV2 to SageTV3.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:30 AM
Sage User

Hello again,

I have been battling all day and getting nowhere, thought I would upload my sage properties file and my collectoin.xml for you to have a look at.

I now have DVD Profiler installed in the default path on C: & have my collection.xml file in C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\offline

Thanks for all your help and of course for producing my favourite STV
Attached Files
File Type: zip prop and collection.zip (14.4 KB, 252 views)
Old 11-27-2005, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyoman
Hello again,

I have been battling all day and getting nowhere, thought I would upload my sage properties file and my collectoin.xml for you to have a look at.

I now have DVD Profiler installed in the default path on C: & have my collection.xml file in C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3\SageMCE\offline

Thanks for all your help and of course for producing my favourite STV
Well it worked for me. Three movies. I notice you are saying you have the collection.xml file in that offline folder. Your properties file indicates you have it directly in the SageMCE folder:
C\:\\Program Files\\SageTV\\SageTV\\STVs\\SageTV3\\SageMCE\\collection.xml.

You do have the offline path set to C\:\\Program Files\\SageTV\\SageTV\\STVs\\SageTV3\\SageMCE\\Offline. You might want to try a smaller folder for this (something directly off the C: driver perhaps).

Way OT, but how is that Ong-Bak movie? It sounds cool.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:48 PM
Sage User

Changed the paths to c\:\\Offline, but still no joy I still get the errors on the screen cap

As for Ong Bak I haven’t seen it yet just got it this weekend with the other two in the file I can’t wait to watch it though because as you say it looks cool. I think I am goanna give up on this part for now, saves me re-cataloguing 377 movies anyhow.

Thanks for your help
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sagemce.jpg (455.1 KB, 301 views)
Old 11-27-2005, 12:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

This stv keeps getting better. I have a few suggestions for the My Video’s if you are interested.

-Have an option, similar to what you made in My Music, so that only the movie cover is shown. I think it would look cleaner without the text.

-Have an option to remove the folder icon when there are multiple files in a folder. Some of my saved movies are in multiple parts and it would look nicer if all I saw was the movie cover.

-Set it up so that the files that make up a movie are transparent, so that all that was visiable is the movie name (folder name), movie cover, and movie info.

I think this would be best if made into a new view category, like movie mode or something.

I realize you probably have bigger fish to fry, so these are just suggestions.

Thanks again, Mike
Old 11-27-2005, 06:44 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
Looking for some Documentation Volunteer's. We really need to get the Wiki going for this STV so that it is not so intimidating for new users. There are so many options and abilities that are different than the normal Sage STV that need to be documented and explained.

If we could get someone to get it started that would be great. I have no idea how to get a SageMC page started let alone its child pages.

http://www.sage-community.org/

I think you need to get on this asap. I haven't installed an STV in a while, but I started salivating over how gorgeous your SageMCE looks. As far as I can see there is absolutely no help in the first post for this STV to tell someone how to get started. I'll be fine, but I imagine your typical new user would glance at this and move on. Just trying to help.

Last edited by pawn; 11-27-2005 at 06:49 PM.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:23 PM
Sage User

Show analyzer and clients W/ Sage MCE

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post but... I'm running SageMC169b10 I recently switched from comskip to Show analyzer. The server skips commercals fine, but none of my clients do? I cant find a solution anywhere. On the clients i dont get indicators or advancing. Any help is appreciated!
Old 11-27-2005, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawn
I think you need to get on this asap. I haven't installed an STV in a while, but I started salivating over how gorgeous your SageMCE looks. As far as I can see there is absolutely no help in the first post for this STV to tell someone how to get started. I'll be fine, but I imagine your typical new user would glance at this and move on. Just trying to help.
I know this is a big whole, especially as the functionality expands. I am still looking for volunteers to begin populating the SageMC Wiki. I am adding content as I get time and would appreciate any help.

http://www.sage-community.org/index.cgi/wiki/SageMC169
Old 11-27-2005, 08:13 PM
Sage Fanatic

what is the possibility of actually having a seperate menu item for movies instead of using the my videos folder?

my videos folder works very well but it can be annoying when shows get dumped in with the stored movie selections.

thanks!
Old 11-28-2005, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrNole
what is the possibility of actually having a seperate menu item for movies instead of using the my videos folder?

my videos folder works very well but it can be annoying when shows get dumped in with the stored movie selections.

thanks!
The simple answer is shows should not be dumped in there. How are you getting recordings in that menu?
Old 11-28-2005, 09:33 AM
Sage Fanatic

RSS and Dynamic Menus

I am missing something. I am using the latest Dev build of this STV and have tried to add Dynamic Menus so that I can add RSS to SageMC16x9.. but when I do I, my STV GUI changes.. I'd like to keep the GUI the same, with the exception of the RSS menu item.. is there a way to add the dynamic menus and NOT have the GUI change in any way unless I 'add' or 'remove' something from the standard GUI?

Thanks!
Old 11-28-2005, 09:38 AM
Sage Fanatic

Lightbulb Music and Slideshow idea..

While listening to a ripped CD the other night and returning to Sage's 'Home' screen I noticed that the minimized Album cover in the GUI showed the current song and the current play time, but not the Album name.. would it be possible to display both the Album name and the current Song? Perhaps Album name above the Album Cover, and the Current song below?

Another thing I think might be cool is to allow you to create Custom 'Slideshows' of your photos.. Such as "Christmas photos" then be able to pick what slideshow you want displayed during playback of audio playlists.. so if I put on a Christmas "CD" I can have a "Christmas Slideshow" showing photos of Christmas stuff.. since there isn't any visualization built in yet, this might be a fun workaround.. perhaps even have sage use a slideshow as a screensaver much as my Windows box does...
Old 11-28-2005, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman
I am missing something. I am using the latest Dev build of this STV and have tried to add Dynamic Menus so that I can add RSS to SageMC16x9.. but when I do I, my STV GUI changes.. I'd like to keep the GUI the same, with the exception of the RSS menu item.. is there a way to add the dynamic menus and NOT have the GUI change in any way unless I 'add' or 'remove' something from the standard GUI?

Thanks!
Probably not. If you use the dynamic menu you will have a pretty static screen whose menu items can be customized by you. That is a disadvange to something that customizable.

I am planning on adding in a couple of user defined menu items to the default Main Menu menu though at some time. You could define one as RSS. You can also link to the RSS from the My Plugins menu.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman
While listening to a ripped CD the other night and returning to Sage's 'Home' screen I noticed that the minimized Album cover in the GUI showed the current song and the current play time, but not the Album name.. would it be possible to display both the Album name and the current Song? Perhaps Album name above the Album Cover, and the Current song below?

Another thing I think might be cool is to allow you to create Custom 'Slideshows' of your photos.. Such as "Christmas photos" then be able to pick what slideshow you want displayed during playback of audio playlists.. so if I put on a Christmas "CD" I can have a "Christmas Slideshow" showing photos of Christmas stuff.. since there isn't any visualization built in yet, this might be a fun workaround.. perhaps even have sage use a slideshow as a screensaver much as my Windows box does...
Album name there would be pretty tight.

My Photos is on the list to redo. Custom playlists for pictures would be included. That menu keeps dropping to the bottom of the list though . I need to make sure it gets some attention.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:24 AM
Sage User

I am getting alot of multiple shows in my recording schedule and wanted to change the "Detect Repeat Airings with Non-unique IDs" in the Custom settings. However that setting dosen't appear in this STV. Do you plan to expose that setting in a future release?
Old 11-28-2005, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulive
I am getting alot of multiple shows in my recording schedule and wanted to change the "Detect Repeat Airings with Non-unique IDs" in the Custom settings. However that setting dosen't appear in this STV. Do you plan to expose that setting in a future release?
I'll check it out. If it is a core item I will expose it.