SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 11-28-2005, 10:49 AM
Sage User

A request

mlbdude:

Love the interface it's awesome ! I like that you add the aspect ratio to the options menu - would there be a way to have different aspect ratios per channel ?
Old 11-28-2005, 11:58 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by montgomeryt
mlbdude:

Love the interface it's awesome ! I like that you add the aspect ratio to the options menu - would there be a way to have different aspect ratios per channel ?
I like this too.

However, (and this may not be possible), but it would be so nice to have different aspect ratios for DVD's that have been ripped to the hard drive, DVD's on disc, and TV.

Right now, if I watch TV, I have it on FILL (SDTV), and when I want to watch a widescreen DVD (on hard drive), I have to change the aspect ratio to source or whatever the widescreen aspect is called...

Kind of annoying, but I've been just dealing with it.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:12 PM
Sage User

Found module from Nielm

I found an automatic aspect ratio changer that Nielm wrote. I'm sure it can be done just how hard is it or can Nielm's module be adapted ?

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...?do=file&id=28
Old 11-28-2005, 12:51 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbdude
I am planning on adding in a couple of user defined menu items to the default Main Menu menu though at some time. You could define one as RSS. You can also link to the RSS from the My Plugins menu.
I can't seem to figure out how to add this link.. I've downloaded and installed the rss plugin but don't know what to do next. I assume some type of .properties addition?

Thanks!
Old 11-28-2005, 01:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman
I can't seem to figure out how to add this link.. I've downloaded and installed the rss plugin but don't know what to do next. I assume some type of .properties addition?

Thanks!
See this page for help for plug-ins and let us know if this works for what you are doing: SageMC169 Plug-Ins Wiki Help

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix
Old 11-28-2005, 01:28 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCoat999
See this page for help for plug-ins and let us know if this works for what you are doing: SageMC169 Plug-Ins Wiki Help
I saw that page, and it references the weather plugin.. but I don't see how it works with the RSS plugin??? Noplace do I see where it references the stvi files, or does it need to?
Old 11-28-2005, 02:05 PM

Here is an example usage:

mlbdude/plugins/deria_weather_monitor/Author=Deria
mlbdude/plugins/deria_weather_monitor/Description=The Weather plugin is an enhanced weather module for SageTV
mlbdude/plugins/deria_weather_monitor/Menu=Weather Monitor Plugin - deria
mlbdude/plugins/deria_weather_monitor/Title=Weather Monitor

deria_weather_monitor = Unique ID for this plugin. Can be anything as long as it is unique.

Author = Who wrote the menu?

Description = What description text should show up in the My Plugins listing.

Title = What is the Title that should show up in the My Plugins listing.

Menu = This is the internal Sage menu name. You will need to get this name from the author or know it yourself.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:02 PM
Sage Icon

Based on this comment from the RSS News Feeds Wiki:

Quote:
* Configure a new menu item in the Dynamic Menu to launch the internal screen named "Rss News Feeds -- nielm"
I would think something like this would work:

mlbdude/plugins/nielm_rss_news_feeds/Author=nielm
mlbdude/plugins/nielm_rss_news_feeds/Description=This is the RSS newsfeed reader module, allowing newsfeeds to be monitored directly from SageTV
mlbdude/plugins/nielm_rss_news_feeds/Menu=Rss News Feeds -- nielm
mlbdude/plugins/nielm_rss_news_feeds/Title=RSS News Feeds

And then it appears that these properties are used:

nielm/rss_news_default_sort_order=1
nielm/rss_news_feeds_dat_file=C\:\\Program Files\\SageTV\\SageTV\\news.dat

But I'm not sure where the /nielm_rss_news_feeds/ directory comes into play here (I just made it up.)?
Old 11-28-2005, 04:21 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
Based on this comment from the RSS News Feeds Wiki:

I would think something like this would work:

mlbdude/plugins/nielm_rss_news_feeds/Author=nielm
mlbdude/plugins/nielm_rss_news_feeds/Description=This is the RSS newsfeed reader module, allowing newsfeeds to be monitored directly from SageTV
mlbdude/plugins/nielm_rss_news_feeds/Menu=Rss News Feeds -- nielm
mlbdude/plugins/nielm_rss_news_feeds/Title=RSS News Feeds

And then it appears that these properties are used:

nielm/rss_news_default_sort_order=1
nielm/rss_news_feeds_dat_file=C\:\\Program Files\\SageTV\\SageTV\\news.dat

But I'm not sure where the /nielm_rss_news_feeds/ directory comes into play here (I just made it up.)?
I tried that exactly as you suggested.. the menu item now displays but when selected comes up with an error stating "Unknown Internal Screen"...
Old 11-28-2005, 04:53 PM
Sage Icon

It appears that the directory that I made up, well, matters. I have no idea how the base directories are created, at least, when using plugins.

I tried looking at the directory structure of one of deria's plugins, but it did not seem to match what is making it work inside of SageMC.

I'll probably be able to take a look around, in the my Sage box tonight, and figure something out. But not having it in front of me, it's hard to tell how the "Internal Screen" menu property knows where to go in Sage's directory structure.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:10 PM

Adding those lines works for me. I would do a Ctrl+Shift+F12 to bring up Studio then make sure the menu is listed. Maybe neilm changed the name in a recent .stvi?
Old 11-28-2005, 07:55 PM
Sage User

I can get this to import into my plugins, but when I click my plugins on the main menu, the rss page opens up over the main menu so I can't really read anything. Does anyone know how to have the rss plugin open on it's own screen??
Old 11-28-2005, 09:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

Play on My Videos Not working

On the 11/16/2005 version, I am trying to click play on the my videos menu. It is not working. Is anyone else seeing something similiar?
Old 11-28-2005, 10:24 PM
Sage Fanatic

Me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Bhoy
I can get this to import into my plugins, but when I click my plugins on the main menu, the rss page opens up over the main menu so I can't really read anything. Does anyone know how to have the rss plugin open on it's own screen??
That code did put the RSS into my plugins folder, and when I click it I too return to the main menu screen with the "Hit options to add News Sources" text overlayed over the 'main menu' graphics...
Old 11-29-2005, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman
That code did put the RSS into my plugins folder, and when I click it I too return to the main menu screen with the "Hit options to add News Sources" text overlayed over the 'main menu' graphics...
The RSS menu is really not a plugin it is an import. Apparently it is not setup to work independently and needs the SageTV4.x STV. If the author can create it with its own internal items it will work as a plugin.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:01 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpup32
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post but... I'm running SageMC169b10 I recently switched from comskip to Show analyzer. The server skips commercals fine, but none of my clients do? I cant find a solution anywhere. On the clients i dont get indicators or advancing. Any help is appreciated!
I had the same problem.

1) Make sure you're using UNC pathnames
2) I have found that old recordings (pre-UNC change) will not show the gaps unless I set my mapped drive ('v') to a blank directory so that Sage can see that they are not 'there' and goes looking for them again.

Seems to work now - definately on new files, and I think on old ones too (hard to remember as I watch and delete regularly...)
Old 11-29-2005, 01:34 PM
Sage User

Ok...let me repost this and see if anyone can help

Quote:
I found an automatic aspect ratio changer that Nielm wrote. I'm sure it can be done just how hard is it or can Nielm's module be adapted ?

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...?do=file&id=28
Could Nielms module be adapted to work. I know I can't import it into SageMC, because when I try it's looking at STV's only, or would it be to difficult ?
Old 11-29-2005, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Could Nielms module be adapted to work. I know I can't import it into SageMC, because when I try it's looking at STV's only, or would it be to difficult ?
An STVI is just and STV with the letter I added to the end of the. If you change the name of it to .STV you could import it. However, Nielm wrote it for the default STV so it should not work with SageMC. You could ask him to though or someone else is welcome to convert it so it works with SageMC.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

This is something that's been happening for a while, but I'm just now mentioning it. And I've never seen anyone else mention it, so now I'm curious to see if anyone is even experiencing this.

I've noticed that when I first startup sage, the first time I enter the TV module, the screen blacks out then reappears (mouse cursor does NOT disappear). This only happens once per launching of Sage. Anyone else see this? I've always thought this had to do w/ the background animations that were put in, but it still happens even after I turn those off.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:04 AM
Sage Aficionado

Feature Request

Is there anyway to have a menu option or setting so that you are not allowed to delete recordings in this stv??? Great for guests and children